User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: I try so hard ...and thiefs benefit :(

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I hope you find your bike I hate crummy people. They don't seem to realize how hard people work to earn nice things.
    flyingdutch likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I'm sorry this happened to you. Its good that you're ranting and getting your frustrations out, and while you bet it's a total invasion into "your world" and makes it hard to feel safe, don't let it. Don't give the thieves that kind of power.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh jezz I know that pain.
    Mine two stolen were not as expensive as yours though.
    I lived downtown ( 24 yrs ago) First time ok, I learned that my flimsy spirally cable could be cut with bolt cutters, and it was locked in back of the apt bldg against a rod iron fence, but it was dark there, so whatever, easy to steal. They left the cut cable lock on the ground, ty very much.

Next one was a nice 12 speed and I carried it down each morning and back up the 5 flight walk up every day I rode to work. Then the bldg. offered rooms available in the basement to store stuff, so DH eagerly placed a tamper proof lock system on the big metal door, and it was a huge room, we had plenty of stuff in there.
    Also the room to the storage rooms had a lock too that only the 6 tenants there had a key for.

One day I go down and unlock the door, OMG! the creeps somehow managed to pry the only window out and off ( I still do not know how they squeezed my bike out of it?) and the window was at street level too, how was it no one walking by saw them??
    They never took anything else though so I was happy about that.
    Since being here they stay locked in the garage. ( always)

Hope the Police can track your's ...fingers crossed!!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

That just sucks!!! I hope karma gets those punks!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Sory to hear that, a while back there was a write up in the WFP about bike chop shops.
    What area of the city do you live in ?!? PM me if you like
    Odds are it isn't far from home, Esp if you live in St James like I do.

We installed Motion sensor lights in the Back yard and on the Garage so as soon as anything somes within that zone they go off...
    Also MacGuyvered a personal alarm that blows at a High Decibel should someone pry open the the garage door/shed...

It seems that anything anchored down/not is "up for grabs" here in Wpg...

Try filing a Police Report don't be surpirsed if its a few days before they get back to you.
    Best of Luck hope you find it soon !

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

sorry jez that is a really poopy thing to happen Hope things look up or a bike fairy droops by!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You might want to try police auctions too. They have the info, so if it is found your bike should be returned, but you never know.

Here in London, someone stole the wheelchair ramp from a couples house. The gentlemen suffers from ALS and needed that ramp to get out of his house. Thankfully a group donated a new ramp, that is not only safer, but is portable so they can bring it inside. Is that not sick though, to steal something so obviously necessary and for a person with a disability?
    SFARAZ and jessep13 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That really sucks. People will steal anything and everything.

Back about 20 years ago my uncle had a nice vehicle with fog lamps that he had put on at the specialty car shop. Him and my family went to the local mall. They had parked so that my dad's car bumper was almost touching my uncle's car bumper. They were in the mall about an hour. Within that hour someone had stolen the fog lights. They figured someone had been watching the parking lot, saw my uncle pull in, and then had cell phones for one to watch the owner, while the other ripped out the lights. My uncle had nothing but trouble with his car being broken into and items stolen. Even had the am/fm radio ripped out one day.

A friend of mine once had his bike stolen from his apartment. His apartment was on the second floor, and a large set of stairs to walk up, he had put the bike just in the entry way after work. Needless to say someone must have been watching, as they stole his bike. The last laugh is on them though. As he had his cable lock wrapped around the bike for when he was going some place and needed to lock it. He was walking downtown one day, and doesn't he see his bike. He recognized it because his cable lock was still locked around it. The thief had stupidly locked the bike around a pole by their own cable lock, locked onto my friend's cable lock. My friend just simply unlocked his cable lock and took his bike back. He made sure to always lock it up and keep it hidden from then on.

I hope you find your bike. If you have tenants/home owners insurance you bike may be covered under that.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Wheelchair Ramp ?!?
    OMFG that is LOWER than low
    Apparently we're all in a guilded~hand~basket heading to the deep South. (My way of POLITELY saying headed straight to H E DB Toothpicks)
    Glad to hear tho that the COMMUNITY STEPPED UP TO HELP OUT

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Cable locks = garbage.

Bolt cutters cut through it like butter.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ugh its probably painted by now too. What a bunch of losers!
    Jezebel and flyingdutch like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I remember once watching this thing on how easy it was to steal a bicycle i believe it was in downtown Ottawa.The bicycles were all lock up and they had this guy go and use bolt cutter in the middle of the day on a very crowded area,There was out of maybe 20 people who walked by see this guy using the bolts cutter only 1 old lady ask should you be doing that and the other people were clueless.

Friends of my had gotten for their anniversary a beautiful big stainless steel BBQ that night after the party someone stolen the BBQ,I just couldn't believe that when she told me the next morning
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Thanks for the comments....I have already started saving for a new one which I will keep locked up IN my porch or shed...I guess I thought with 2 thick cable locks locking the tires and another to the A/C plus a fenced yard and a motion light,,,, I had taken enough precautions

Although when I read some above comments about ppl stealing stuff and ppl just walking by I have to kinda agree as I was using a saw horse to take out a screen in my window and climbing in and ppl saw me(did not know me ) and said nothing??? (locked myself out) but for all ppl knew I could have been breaking in ....
    Last edited by Jezebel; Sun, Jul 8th, 2012 at 11:44 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Aww, what a shame. Nothing worse then having your belonging taken. I'm sorry your bike was stolen.
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

i'm so sorry this has happened to you! hope it gets sorted soon!
    Jezebel likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information