User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: I try so hard ...and thiefs benefit :(

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

the police have told me it is fairly unlikely the will find it as most of the more expensive bikes now end up in bike chop shops and parted out as opposed to selling the whole bike .....I know I need to "get over it" but I still feel sad....I have already picked out a new bike so I need to cheer up and figure ways to save to get it now !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    That really sucks. People will steal anything and everything.

Back about 20 years ago my uncle had a nice vehicle with fog lamps that he had put on at the specialty car shop. Him and my family went to the local mall. They had parked so that my dad's car bumper was almost touching my uncle's car bumper. They were in the mall about an hour. Within that hour someone had stolen the fog lights. They figured someone had been watching the parking lot, saw my uncle pull in, and then had cell phones for one to watch the owner, while the other ripped out the lights. My uncle had nothing but trouble with his car being broken into and items stolen. Even had the am/fm radio ripped out one day.

A friend of mine once had his bike stolen from his apartment. His apartment was on the second floor, and a large set of stairs to walk up, he had put the bike just in the entry way after work. Needless to say someone must have been watching, as they stole his bike. The last laugh is on them though. As he had his cable lock wrapped around the bike for when he was going some place and needed to lock it. He was walking downtown one day, and doesn't he see his bike. He recognized it because his cable lock was still locked around it. The thief had stupidly locked the bike around a pole by their own cable lock, locked onto my friend's cable lock. My friend just simply unlocked his cable lock and took his bike back. He made sure to always lock it up and keep it hidden from then on.

I hope you find your bike. If you have tenants/home owners insurance you bike may be covered under that.
    OMG!! Victory for your friend!!!!

jezz, I know it still hurts, and btw you actually DID take enough precautions, I think someone saw what they wanted and cased the place to strike.
    Jezebel likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Why can't people just leave things alone? This is why I haven't bought a bike yet, everything else gets stolen from our yard so I'm sure a bike would too
    Jezebel likes this.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Name:  Inspirational-quotes-rain.jpg
Views: 40966
Size:  33.9 KB
    Jezebel, SFARAZ and Tbites like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    So I have some nice stuff but I have worked to get everything I have. Saving money here and there , cutting back on this and that. So I can buy some things I really want. Nobody has handed me anything.(which is fine LOL)

Well one of the items was a bike I really wanted...several 100 ...which meant saving as I didn't have $300ish laying around. I saved I eventually bought my bike and was pleased as punch for the next 2-3 years.

I LIKED my bike. Yes LIKED past tense as someone found the need to enter my FENCED back yard and take my bike and my roomies bike now I had my bike locked up with cable locks going through the tires and around the frame....then with another cable lock had it hooked to the frame of my Central Air Conditioner. I thought it was safe ....

I don't feel angry but rather sad and defeated...I liked my bike....
    Bikes are hot items at pawn shops, especially in Winnipeg ... Next time you pass by a pawn shop in Winnipeg, see how many bikes are tied outside the store, I bet a lot of them are stoen

Lot of junkies steal bikes and sell them to a pawn shop for a quick fix, which is sad.
    SFARAZ and Shwa Girl like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Bikes are hot items at pawn shops, especially in Winnipeg ... Next time you pass by a pawn shop in Winnipeg, see how many bikes are tied outside the store, I bet a lot of them are stoen

Lot of junkies steal bikes and sell them to a pawn shop for a quick fix, which is sad.
    Pawn shops here are suppose to fax in serial numbers and descriptions of items that come in daily to the Police Station...

does everything get reported?? probably not.....will I get my bike back???...probably not....do I want it back ??? not really I guess as funny as this sounds it won't feel special to me anymore....

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I will do without until I have saved enough to get another bike and that bike will feel just as special as I will know I EARNED it and I will be a happy bike owner once again

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

My kids have had bikes stole. One from the library and other from our fenced yard. The police never got them back. If you want a chance of having the bike returned you have to give them a description and the serial number so make sure you write it down so you can give it to them if needed.

What was even worse was a few months ago 2 thugs targetted my son and mugged him and stole his wallet and laptop after he got of the bus. But what did them in is they had talked with my son so my son had a very good description of them and the police where able to catch them and my son got back his computer intact.

There are some seriously disturbed people out there whole will take anything they want. You try and protect yourself but still it isn't always enough.
    Jezebel likes this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

some people in my small building leave their bikes outside locked up but i would never!
    We keep our bikes in our very small apartment during the warmer months and put it in our storage locker (at a storage facility) in the winter.
    I wont even lock my bike up at the bike racks at work, stealing a bike is way to easy.
    I keep my bike in the backroom at work lol.

But yea people suck

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

My roomies bike got stolen from our house too

Saddening that someone goes threw all the trouble to go into my back yard (only 1 way in and out) to take a decent bike yet hundreds of dollars of Little Tikes Kids stuff sits all day in the front yard and nothing has ever happened to it.

WTF!!!

We have actually put another bike in the back to try and catch them, and when they take the bait I will be ready

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thank goodness my bike has not got stolen...it is 25 yrs old ...I think it was one of the first mountain bikes! Lol it got new tires on it this year
    I felt sick for you...just the thought about someone taking my beloved bike

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm so sorry your bike was stolen - I would weep if somebody took mine.

Like you, I had to save up for my bike - every time I walked somewhere instead of taking transit I would save the fare, and eventually I had enough for my dream bike and a very sturdy lock - I'm still saving for a rack and kick stand, though!

I also looked at bikes in the police auction - I don't know if they do something similar in Winnipeg, but the Vancouver PD sell off the hundreds of bikes they recover here once a year, and you can get some great deals.

I hope you get two wheels again soon!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

^^ thanks everyone and yes we have a police run bike auction...but I am saving for a new bike...won't be this year as I am budjeted to the max....but I will get one ....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Jezebel. I pass one stories like yours to my husband. He is too laid back when it comes to things. Finally after three years of car ownership he know not to leave anything in the car outside of the insurance/registration cards and manual and to carefully choose parking spots etc. He said I have made him paranoid.

It's so sad that people will steal anything and everything, even when it is locked down properly.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'm sorry that happened to you! It's not far at all and more than upsetting!!

When I was about 11 or 12, my mom finally had enough money to buy me a bike. We had almost no money my whole childhood and I sometimes didn't get Christmas or Birthday presents (especially when my bday is in Jan) So I rode my new bike to school (because we had just moved and my school was a couple blocks away), locked it up....and yup, you guessed it. I came out to get it after school and walked all over the place looking for it after seeing it wasn't locked up where I left it. I cried the whole way home. My mom couldn't afford to get me another one. That was my only bike, my whole life. I think a part of me hasn't bought one as an adult out of anger and out of fear that it too would be taken

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information