User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: What keeps you going every day?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

For some people, it's the dream to have the big house, or a fancy car. It keeps them going and they work very hard. For some, it's just the pleasure of their family. For me, it's the worlds beauty, and what I see each day that is new, teaches me and makes me think how lucky I am to be alive to live in Canada. These are a few pic's I have taken over the past few days. The natural beauty that surrounds us is amazing. Please post those pictures of what keeps you going and makes you enjoy the world around you.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Kitty77, Natalka, TaraF and 6 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Absolutely beautiful pics! I've never seen hoodoos in person.

For me, what keeps me going is my husband and, through him, our son.
    If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have known love and all the wonderfulness which comes from it - every moment of every day.

Name:  faith-hope-love-ukrainian-brown-ART.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  16.7 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What really keeps me going? Believe it or not is the saying " there but for the grace of God go I "
    In most aspects of my day to day, what I am experiencing physically, emotionally, financially, in my relationship with my DH and kids. When a situation or feeling or " crisis" presents itself and I dare to fall into a slump. ( I've hosted many a pity party in my time ) , I take a step back, take a deep breath, and come to realize that the person I passed on the street is in a wheelchair while I whine about my sore knees, or the family around the corner came up short for their rent again, while I am fussing about the A/C not being up high enough. On and on, just like that.
    Doesn't mean I won't complain, I still do. It is just that those who are suffering way more than me are inspiring me to continue to function every day.

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Sheer evilness and Penguin-held light-sabres..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

#1 Faith in my God - I won't get all religious, but I will say I firmly believe without my faith that I would have killed myself long ago (I struggle with depression and social anxiety)

#2 My husband and children - There are days where I get so down that I don't see the point in living (not often thankfully) and when I get like that it is knowing that my husband and children need me that keep me going.

#3 Coffee - lol I'm so addicted to coffee! I know it's not that healthy for me, especially with the amount of sugar I put in it, but I feel so groggy and half awake until I have a coffee in me. I joke that if you cut me I would bleed coffee.

Oh I forgot to say thank you for this thread, I love interesting topics like this and seeing everyone's different replies.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

For me, the three F's: Faith, family and friends. (and chocolate...)
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

It might sound odd but my ambition to succeed keeps me going.The fact that I haven't accomplished all that I want to and have a drive and a fire within me to do so, it keeps me going. My husband could sum up what keeps me going in one word: Stubbornness.
    Last edited by TaraF; Sat, Jul 7th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my cats keep me going ..... without them i'm nothing
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

frugal, I agree! Hey, you took the kitty I had in my siggy before; isn't it cool?
    Absolutely love my cats, terrors that they can be sometimes and all!

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a loaded question

My faith keeps me going for one.
    My husband does also, I have a strong desire to have kids so that also keeps me going.

Just basically, thoughts of the future. I want to work with hearing impaired children, be married to my husband(check), have 4 kids, own a house, have three dogs and a swimming pool. Yep, that's my ideal

In any case, my friends also keep me going. I have a few REALLY good friends at my church who I try to talk to daily, being that it's summer, it's more difficult but I still try! Plus I also have two girls who I consider sisters that I talk to, and one of them has a daughter that I dote on
    Natalka, TaraF, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think I can name one thing either and like Walkonby's post I put things in perspective a lot.....we may not have.....but we are blessed in so many other ways. For me my family including other relatives (very lucky that we are all close), my faith and nature. I am a very quiet person (as a child I'm told I was serious or in thought a lot), I just like to sit back and take everything in, the smell of the breeze, the sound of leaves and birds, the river nearby etc...
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Pets, yes of coarse, my Marley is part of my life as well. She has been with me through my fight for life, through the good times and the bad. She senses when things aren't right, sometimes even before I do, and she won't leave my side. Animals are truely amazing, and Marley definetly keeps me going. Family, faith, friends, and Marley.....the wonders of our great country and all the things out there that I still want to see.

If I were a rich person(by rich I mean have the money to travel where ever I wanted, whenever I wanted), I would be to every square inch of our world. Not the tourist areas, but the little seen areas, where real life thrives.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow. Very thoughtful and positive thread, Holly...So let's see: some days it's just been gritting my teeth and holding my breath that's gotten me through rough times, but generally, unless one wants to leave by one's own hand, we just find ways to keep going, don't we? Even if it's a minute, an hour or a day at a time. I guess in my darkest times when I wanted to leave but was too chicken to do anything about it, the thought of hurting my kids, my hubby, is what kept me going. Now it's our grandson, who, God willing, I'll see grow into a young man (hear that, God? ....and like Walks,...well for instance, the weather here has cooled off a bit from the muggy hot weather we've had, and although we're comfortable in our A/C home, I think of others who aren't as fortunate...particularly the elderly and those with little ones, who suffer through that heat, and who can finally throw open their windows and get some relief. So like her, I don't feel I have anything much to complain about. If I whine (and I do) about my aches and pains, I think of the people in the hospital who'd give anything to be able to have the freedom I do to just hop into a car and go anywhere they want to...or just go for a walk in the fresh air!
    I guess what keeps me going is how thankful and fortunate we are to have what we have now, and that really...I have no right to complain (although I sometimes do..). I feel needed by my family and Jenny, of course, so love, I guess...is what keeps me going...

Lovely thread, Holly...thank you!

$power
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For me it is our two kids...
    With my hb terminally ill and in a nursing home, I am what they have to count on...
    MortgageQueen and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My husband and son.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information