User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: AHHHHH Canada Post

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Once or twice a week I won't get any mail, that can be normal right?

Nope.

I found out that mail that was suppose to get to me is being returned with, "no such address".

I'm sure the apartment building I'm in is real and I'm not lying in a ditch somewhere.

Canada Post customer service is astounding. They claim they can't do anything, that the address must have written wrong or not clear enough. NO... I've asked my neighbours, and they receive no mail on the same days I did.
    Last year this happened to my whole building on one of the months that we were suppose to received an HST cheque. That was a pain because I had to send Revenue Canada proof that the address did exist.

This is so frustrating because there seems to be nothing I can do, and I really wonder what freebies I have missed because of this.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    darlataz and AlyssaDarling like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

There are times when I don't get any mail once or twice a week.

However, if you are sure something is 'up', you surely can do something - contact your local CP, then move on up the line if you don't get an answer.
    hollyquaiscer and flyingdutch like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I wish mail was consistent .. tuesday i got mail, wednesday and thursday nothing, and friday i got a crap load of mail.
    makes you wonder

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah I wonder about the mail quite a bit. I seem to get a lot more mail now then when I lived elsewhere. Samples show up quicker etc. Although I know I am still missing things from when Canada Post went on strike.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Yeah I wonder about the mail quite a bit. I seem to get a lot more mail now then when I lived elsewhere. Samples show up quicker etc. Although I know I am still missing things from when Canada Post went on strike.
    I had 2 icoke rewards "disappear" during the strike. Hope my pizza tasted good...
    SFARAZ likes this.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i get days where i get nothing as well. and its the whole building of twelve apartments as well. there is no way all of us didnt get mail.

(there is a small hole thing in each box so you can see if there is mail in there.)
    ssbean likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Canada post mail carriers cannot leave mail in their case. It is checked daily to make sure they don't therefore they deliver everything they have.
    matrix82 and walkonby like this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Are your mail carriers on a 3 day rotation? I know there was talk of that for some cities. I live in a condo building with 112 apts, and I made it a point to get to know my mail carrier. He's a great guy and we chat oftenr if I see his van pull up, I will go out and let him in the building so he doesn't need to do the code thing. I've brought him lemonade on really hot days in the summer, and once in the winter when it was brutally cold, I brought him a nice mug of hot chocolate.

I get all my mail
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Some of the carriers are just Dog gone tired of explaining why mail is late, or not there. Messengers seem to get shot no matter what they do.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OP we have mail missing quite often. Just last week an SC trader said the envie they sent me was returned to sender. She stuffed it in another envelope and mailed it to me and it finally arrived (because she put my husband's name on it also, I believe). And I checked the address on the original envelope she sent and it was FINE. Thanks for not bothering to deliver, Canada Post. Fedex has done this too. argh. They don't bother checking for the clearly listed apartment number
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Jul 9th, 2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I don't think this has anything to do with the carriers - I think this is the sorting stations and maybe because it is summer and ppl take vacations this time of year. My mail has been different the past 6 weeks. I have had things go missing or not show up (a package sent from Australia at a post office is mia and it was sent in May). I just hope that it will get here eventually. I know my mailman was on holiday for 6 weeks in April/May and they had other carriers do his route. So I didn't get my mail until 4 PM - I did get it though. So I am guessing (because I do not know) that when ppl take vacation that others have to cover which means twice the work and not any extra time to do it in. That is just my guess though.
    matrix82 and walkonby like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I couldn't believe the other day; the carrier walked all the way to my mailbox to deliver a coupon for LifeStyle cookies....
    I would have waited till there was other mail..LOL...I was impressed.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

on another note, purolator is even worse!
    I live in an apartment and was having something delivered to me, my apt number is 10, it said 10 on the buzzer (old fashioned buzzer) So after waiting all morning with noone buzzing me, i went downstairs to check and what do you know? my package was sitting on top of the mail boxes!! someone could have stole it!!!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We have had this happen before to. We will get like one peice of mail, than nothing for like 3 days than a whole bunch of mail the next etc. I think it depends on the mail carrier. In our area though like our mail people change like every two days. Like two days will be a guy and than the next will be a woman. I find if the guy drops off the mail there is nothing. Than if the woman does it their is alot of mail.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    89 (100%)

I hear ya... it happened to me and when I was expecting a parcel from my friend in States... It was returned to her stating that address do not exist ... She send me pic of the address from the parcel to check if she missed anything but it looked correct... no typo nor any mistake in the way it was written...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information