User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By <3 My $aving$ <3
  • 3 Post By Qtpi

Thread: Canada Post Irregular Deliveries explained !

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Canada Post – What To Do If Mail Delivery Is Irregular?

My mail delivery is inconsistent or irregular. What can I do?

• You haven't received any mail for 3 days or more.
    • You notice mail is never delivered on a particular day.
    • Your mail sometimes arrives at different times of day.

In recent years the volume of mail Canadians receive at home has declined. As a result, you may only receive mail 3 to 4 days a week. Rest assured that we deliver all mail for your address as soon as it arrives at our local delivery office.
    As part of ongoing work to ensure reliable and affordable delivery of regular mail to all Canadians, we occasionally need to restructure a delivery route. This means you may receive your mail earlier or later than you normally expect it. Although not typical, the time of day you receive your mail can change, but the frequency of delivery will not be affected.Is your mail being delivered to the wrong address?
    Are you expecting a specific letter that has not yet arrived?
    What you can do

• If you haven't received mail for 3 consecutive days, check for impediments such as construction, snow or ice on your walkway. Your service will resume once the impediment is removed.
    • If your mail is not delivered on certain days or has not been delivered for 3 consecutive days, contact us online and we'll investigate.
    • Or you can call us to report this issue.

The Ombudsman at Canada Post – Make a Complaint

Make a Complaint

iWe are currently experiencing very high volumes of complaints directed to our office; therefore, we are unfortunately unable to meet the usual service standards that we promise our customers.

As soon as your case is assigned to one of our Managers, Investigations, you will be contacted to confirm when you can expect the results of our review.

We apologize for this delay and thank you for your patience.

The complaint resolution process ensures that Canada Post has every opportunity to resolve your complaint. Therefore, you must contact Canada Post Customer Service online or at 1-800-267-1177 (1-416-979-8822 from outside Canada) before appealing to the Ombudsman.
    Customer Service agents will attempt to resolve your complaint and provide you with a file number referencing your complaint.
    If Canada Post has completed its review of your complaint and you are not satisfied with the proposed solutions, you may appeal to the Ombudsman.
    Submitting your complaint

Download Complaint (pdf)The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. The Reader is available free of charge from the Adobe website.

You can submit your complaint online, by mail or fax to the Office of the Ombudsman by completing our complaint form. Please ensure that you provide the following information:

• Contact information
    • Canada Post Customer Service file number
    • Summary of your postal complaint
    • Details on how Canada Post offered to resolve your complaint
    • Description of the outcome that you believe would be fair
    • Information pertaining to the loss, damage, or delay of an item, if applicable
    • Copies of all relevant documentation, including postage receipt, proof of value of contents, etc.

Ready to submit?
    Download a Complaint form (pdf) to submit your complaint by mail or fax, or submit your complaint online using our convenient online form.
    You may also have our complaint form mailed or faxed to you by calling our office at 1-800-204-4198 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday (holidays excepted).
    Important things to note:

• The Ombudsman will not assess your complaint without a Canada Post file number referencing your complaint.
    • The Ombudsman’s recommendations are based on the available facts and circumstances specific to each complaint. Therefore, it is in the best interest of all parties involved to provide all relevant information.
    • A review of your complaint will not be initiated until all relevant information is provided.
    • It is important that you submit your complaint to the Ombudsman in a timely manner. Complaints more than 12 months old will not be investigated unless there are extenuating circumstances.

How we process complaints:

• Initially, your complaint will be reviewed to determine whether the matter in dispute falls within the Ombudsman’s mandate.
    • If the complaint cannot be investigated, you will be notified and provided with an explanation of our decision.
    • If your complaint can be investigated, you will be notified that an investigation is under way.
    • Once the investigation has concluded, the Ombudsman’s findings will be communicated to you.

Making a difference one case at a time

The Ombudsman takes every case seriously, whether it’s a misdelivered letter, a lost parcel, a disappointing retail experience or any other type of service failure.
    Read some examples of real-life complaints, investigations and findings »

This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Locale Shoes
    Last edited by <3 My $aving$ <3; Sun, Jul 8th, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Why hasn’t my letter been delivered yet?

• You sent a letter but it hasn’t arrived yet.
    • You are expecting a letter but haven’t received it yet.

We handle more than 30 million pieces of mail a day and meet or exceed our delivery standards 96% of the time. Delivery of Lettermail™ has the following standards: 2 days local, 3 days within the province and 5 days nationally.
    Unfortunately, we cannot track or locate individual mail items (including letters or bills) unless they have a bar code.
    While we cannot investigate the whereabouts of individual regular letters, we do record this information to help us improve our services and strengthen the security of mail.
    What you can do

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So the answer, in short, is "Too bad, that's just the way it is."
    2011 Wins: TLC "Say Yes to the Dress" Season 3 box set, Bissell Pro-Heat 2X Upright with a years worth of formula....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't see a rant here. *shrug*

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Would explain WHY my Complaint Ticket was never responded to !
    What kills me is they STILL CLAIM:
    2~3 business days (Not including the Mailing day) for City wide Delivery
    3~5 business days Within Province
    5~8 business days within Canada

Gee I WONDER WHY they have VERY HIGH rates of Complaint...
    Btwn the Strike last year and their "so~called" processing improvements at the NEW Wpg Site
    which btw left us regularly trading mail w/neighbours for days on end

Sure wish we had more options...

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

me neither..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Bahaha, I see a rant here. Privatize everything!
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Thread Information