User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in the process of renovating my house, and it's time to replace the old exterior door.
    It's been a long time coming, as the current one is quite worn out and doesn't quite fit the new look of my house. I'm torn between choosing a steel door or a fiberglass one.
    I like the durability and security of steel, but I've heard great things about the insulation and aesthetic options of fiberglass.
    Does anyone have personal experience with either of these types of doors?
    Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fiberglass doors are resistant to denting and scratching, offer excellent insulation, and require virtually no maintenance. So, I would choose fiberglass.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Having recently replaced my own exterior door, I might be of help. I opted for a steel door after weighing similar considerations to what you're doing now.
    Steel doors indeed offer unparalleled security, which, for me, was the deciding factor. Durability was another major plus, particularly since steel doors stand up well to daily wear and tear. They typically last longer without showing signs of aging, adding long-term value to your investment.
    I went ahead with a steel door from Ecoline. They have an excellent range of options to choose from. The installation process was smooth, and the quality was on point.
    Last edited by expiredyogurt; Tue, Jan 2nd, 2024 at 04:58 AM.

Thread Information