User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: If you could change your name...

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I wouldn't change my sc name, but I think it would be cool to change my and my husbands last name. Our middle names are jayne and john, so i actually proposed that we should change our last name to doe, and go by our middle names. DH said if he wasn't the only boy in his family, he would have considered it.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I first got on the net in '91, so like there's 21 years' worth of my postings, preserved for eternity, out there.
    1991?

I had no idea Al Gore invented the intertubes that long ago.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:08 AM.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    I wish I could change my sc name to something cool.

I want something fun and catchy like TOMMYGUNN, or Purplebunny, or Anawhatsme, or swhagiirl, minegirl, pamplemousse, etc. what would you change your sc name to be if you could? I'm thinking.
    How nice of you to include me in the list.
    Today was rotten day and your compliment helps to end the day on a nice note.

BTW - It took a long time to come up with Shwa Girl. I lurked on this site for about a year and took that long to come up with the name.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I first got on the net in '91, so like there's 21 years' worth of my postings, preserved for eternity, out there. About 6 years ago I decided that I would never again use my real name to sign up for anything - Pinterest, Facebook, whatever. Also I try not to post my location or any first names, personal photos etc. I just decided I needed more privacy. Thus my alter ego, L E Cale. Honestly the biggest factor in picking my internet name was ease of typing lol. LE+CA+LE I use my web name for magazine subscriptions as well...that way when lecale gets junk mail, I can spot it right away. (Magazines are notorious for selling your info.)

Late starter ..I had my first e-mail address in 1985 and statrted messing around on bulletin boards in 1988/9. I was modding on comic and D&D sites by 1991.

I'm sucha nerd at times..But I've never used my real name out here. Every site be it BB in the early days or forums now, different id name and different avatar and individual passwords. I'm paranoid about that kinda thing.

It was 100% text based, if you wanted to look at a picture you'd have to slowly download it on your 14.4 baud modem first, and anyone you ran into online worked for a university or research project. (I was in school for Comp Sci.) Then the regular people (AOL) started showing up and everyone made fun of them. Fast forward to the present and kids without internet are deprived lol.

I just shudder to think that 20 years of my "wisdom" is out there on permanent record.
    And your phone always dropped the line when you were nearly finished so you had to start again. IN the Uk ast the time, local calls cost so you had to wait until 6 pm, when the rates changed and hope you were one of the lucky ones who got throughto snag a node...

I remeber talking to some work-mates about how the internet was going to seriously change how we communicate, how we shop and it was like strange sci-fi madness...
    hollyquaiscer, lecale and ssbean like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Im happy with my SC name! Because aussie( Australian) is what I am!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:18 AM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I think there was another thread on what does your username mean not too long ago. I think I would change (but don't want to) my user name to something Harry Potter related since that is the SC profile that has gradually developed. I use kw01ai for most usernames because it is regularly available and then I have one that is consistent. k is for my first name. w is for my maiden name. 01 is for 2001 the year I started university and ai is a random letter assignment from my university. This is how my university designated computer usernames.

I could be "Hermione"
    "HarryPotterFan"
    "What's_A_Nargle?"
    "YouKnowWho?"
    "BornRavenclaw"
    "HogwartzTeacher"
    "Coupify"

Thanks for the thread. I had way too much fun with this...time to fold some laundy...boo.
    hollyquaiscer, ssbean and janne like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:19 AM.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I've been psychojo213 since the late 90s, when I was studying psychology at university OR that was the time I officially lost it ....probably a little of column A and a little bit of column B.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'm OK with my username and my real name..... maybe change my middle name (its "May" - Just tired of ppl asking if I was born in May.... )....but its probably not worth the hassle of having to change all my id's and cards.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I like mine..mostly was known as superkitty for many years and decided to make a change and put my girls in my username.
    I noticed after awhile that my name kalmel sounded alot like i wanted to say caramel but ran out of letters..lol!!
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I like my username. I've used variations on it since I was 15 on various forums, websites, IRC even! (yes, I was around back in the dinosaur days of IRC!)

When I was younger, I used to really want to change my real first name; I didn't like how it rhymed with my sister's, how there were always 2 or 3 other girls in my class with the same name all through school, and how I was named for some great-great-aunt who wasn't very fondly remembered by very many in the family. Then I realized it could've been worse: I could've been named after Great Aunt Bertha or I could've gotten some godawful "invented" name that either makes no sense or names you after some kind of materialistic good, etc.... think all those poor girls named Lexus (after the car), or anyone named after a TV or movie character/star! (My Mom is a teacher and sees waves of these names, like all the girls named "Michaela" that showed up in second grade 7 years after Dr. Quinn!)

Also, there's this:
    Name:  glow-worm.gif
Views: 105
Size:  23.1 KB
    hollyquaiscer, lecale and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I can never think of anything clever when I sign up for stuff. See everyone else name go oh that's a cool name. Even now I can't think of anything I would change it to lol
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information