User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Royal Bank

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your experience, OP! I'm a TD client, have been all my life and never had a problem there.
    I don't plane on changing banks anytime soon as they treat me like family.
    The guy who handles all my bank stuff there knows my entire family and he recently got promoted to branch manager. +1!
    I also like dealing with him and TD, because I can shoot him an e-mail with any question regarding my accounts anytime and he'll send a reply in a few hours or the next day.
    He'll also follow up with issues I've had to make sure it was solved and that I'm totally satisfied.
    Awesome customer service.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

RBC has bad stuff all around. I grew up in small town, so there was only one bank RBC. I got a savings when I was graduating High school (2006) and had issues the ENTIRE time. They are ignorant and discrimitory. At least, the local bank is. The call centre just doesn't give a crap. The local bank, I'll go in with my mom or with my then boyfriend or a friend, and I'll go up to the teller, tell them what I want and they'll start talking WAY too fast for me to lipread. Then I'd have to stop them and explain I'm hearing impaired and to please slow down. And what do they do?! Turn to the person I was with and tell THEM what to do! Ohhh man. Once my friend that was with me was like "Wait, this isn't my account " "Well she can't hear me..." "....Are you seriously that f****** stupid?! She can hear you if you SLOW DOWN!" I bought her an ice cream after that. I left RBC in 2011 and switched to Scotiabank. Love it there, will NOT be going anywhere else!!!
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeesh! All these bank stories RBC really doesn't seem like a good bank! I was looking into a US account there and I walked in looking to ask a few questions - they wanted me to make an appointment... and no one was in the branch...?!?!?! Made no sense. I don't mind making an appointment but 5 mins of customer service?!

I do like TD but I'm pretty limited on my transactions but that's ok just takes a bit more planning to avoid a monthly fee! If there is one thing that I never do - Pay Bank Fees! Such a waste of money! I avoid them like the plague!
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information