User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree314Likes

Thread: I hate when people join SC with a hidden agenda !!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

They shouldn't be PMing for Votes...we have a section for that or they can make a siggy.
    You should have reported and blocked.
    Sometimes I wish SC was not open to everyone and you have to pass a "are you normal" test to get access lol
    uanoor, aussie, Silk and 13 others like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    The problem with this is while they might be banned permanently what stops them from creating a new account and doing it again?

Luckily I haven't received any pm's like this. I don't vote for things generally unless you are a SC member I have traded with and talked to and like, even then its rare.

I'd sugest adding these people to your ignore list, works for me, every day my list gets bigger and bigger and bigger

I am not very tech like Sally but she knows how to match up ip address's ; ) and knows who has several account for SC

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    They shouldn't be PMing for Votes...we have a section for that or they can make a siggy.
    You should have reported and blocked.
    Sometimes I wish SC was not open to everyone and you have to pass a "are you normal" test to get access lol

yikes a normal test we would loose alot of SC'ers I am far from being normal lol

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post

yikes a normal test we would loose alot of SC'ers I am far from being normal lol
    You and me both...

I didn't get that pm but it would have been hitting a mods inbox as soon as I'd read it. I keep away from the voting section for a reason. I voted once for Sally's kids and once for SC but that's all.
    Silk, KK7, hollyquaiscer and 4 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I got a similar PM yesterday as well. A few months back, I had someone leave a Negative Trade Rating randomly with the line "not enough votes"... LOL.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    While I agree that the 2nd PM was rude (based on what you posted) and should be reported, I have seen vote solicitation happen often on here with threads asking members to vote for xxx. This was just in a PM. So how is this any different? While they may not participate in any other thread, is this a requirement in order for them to ask for votes so they might win something?
    I think votes are only allowed in the vote request section or in signatures. A PM is different because the person is deliberately contacting other members and harrassing them to give votes... kind of like the difference between an advertising flyer delivered to your mailbox or posted on Kijiji compared to someone coming to your door/calling you directly five times to get you to buy what they're selling.

I think members are more likely to vote for someone they know and like and want to help. There's also the idea of reciprocity -- people who post in the voting request section are often voting for others who post there, too. If it's just someone joining the site to look for people to give votes without contributing anything, why would people waste their time?

I hope the OP is reporting this to the mods.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Who cares? Just delete.

If you join a forum, you should except spam, rude people etc. You can simply browse the site without logging in or make a fake login to post deals and don't check your PM if it bothers you that much. Is this site really worth getting upset about lol ??

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I am sure many do care... I have been a member a while now and gladly never recieved spam here. Should it happen i would report it... If your into trading you have no choice but to login... there is no other way to do it here any way else. I am sure that the few doing this will be dealt with as SC is a great place to be and deals with problems swiftly.

Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post
    Who cares? Just delete.

If you join a forum, you should except spam, rude people etc. You can simply browse the site without logging in or make a fake login to post deals and don't check your PM if it bothers you that much. Is this site really worth getting upset about lol ??
    Silk, hollyquaiscer, DaveP and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Who cares? Just delete.

I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I login because I have many friends here and we chat daily. So to answer your question...WHO CARES?...I care. My rant was simply to do just that, rant.

The mods have been notified, and the person added to my ignore list.. There is a section for vote requests and contests. That is where that member should be, not sending a pm to members that have no intrest in what they are doing.

If you want to browse in the shadows, thats fine, but I trade, talk to friends and post as well. So I always check my pm's, I think it's rude not to respond to people. Everyone that pm's me gets a response...everyone!

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

I just noticed the contest section this past week because I entered my daughter for the first time in a contest that requires votes. I will probably not do a contest like that again because really its just a pain in the a**.
    But I noticed by clicking on alot of the threads they are almost ALL by people that joined that day and it was their first post.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    I just noticed the contest section this past week because I entered my daughter for the first time in a contest that requires votes. I will probably not do a contest like that again because really its just a pain in the a**.
    But I noticed by clicking on alot of the threads they are almost ALL by people that joined that day and it was their first post.
    Thats the part that bothers me, that they joined simply to ask for votes. I realize thats what the contest forum is all about, but to pm members who don't and never had requested a vote from them, nor do I post EVER in the contest forum is annoying to say the least. Then to be rude because they do not format their request properly and I don't understand what they want... honestly!
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Who cares? Just delete.

if we had a dislike button I would have clicked it for this post.
    Some people have been on this site for a long long time and have worked hard to establish contacts, trade ratings, friends, and a good rep. No one should have to make a fake account so that they are not bothered by spammers!! In fact this site has alot of MODS that work very hard to keep this place clear of spammers!! Dont check your PM's? for those of us who get mulitiple PM's a day about trades, trains, and just talking with friends, its hard not check your alerts. So yes, I think getting harrassing PM's is something to get upset about!!!! OP was right to report to the MODS!
    harbie, Silk, cabmonk and 18 others like this.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

*gobsmacked* I mean one thing to have a thread requesting...but to pm SCer's? Glad I haven't had to deal with this thus far.....
    sharkie likes this.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

happens to me on Facebook. please like my page so I can win something or please vote for me so I can win. ticks me off

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information