User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: My embarassing confession - WAS I CRAZY????

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Long ago and far away - I used to sell beauty products called NuSkin.

I LOVED their bar soap! I used to treat myself to it. It was $9.00 per bar!!!!!!!

Now if I spend $9.00 on soap, I expect to get 9 packages of 4 (or there abouts!)

Ah the wisdom of age!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    glenglen, mhk, Natalka and 13 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I understand you exactly!!! And appreciate it a lot more.
    glenglen and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Sometimes you just have to splurge on things that make you happy... if the soap was that wonderful, what's $9? A lot of other products/beauty services cost more.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I don't think it's crazy. It's your money and you spend it the way you want. If you want expensive soap and it makes you happy, do it! I buy expensive beauty products sometimes because I like them and my food savings help me save money towards it. Other people would think I am crazy to buy a $50 cream when I can get one at the drug store for $15, but I want to treat myself and I think when it comes to skin we should never skimp.

I read a survey last week saying Canadians spend too much money on fast food lunches. But it isn't fair to judge because "too much" means different things to different people. I mean, if it saves you time, tastes good, and you enjoy it, why is $7 on lunch a "waste?"
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I used to only buy cheap make up, now I buy expensive stuff with clearance, coupons, SDM points, etc. Now you just have more money to spoil yourself in other ways.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

AvoncallingU - one of my friends is also trying to sell newskin now. She says they also do a diet thing now. xo
    glenglen and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

When I think of spending $9 on soap it seems crazy.But.... I am learning with age that if a product works and keeps your skin looking great then stick with it even at $9. It will save money down the road from Botox. LOL. I however no matter what am going to keep my wrinkles. No Botox for me. I earned those lines.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

know what i say splurge on some things in life-we save from couponing so why not -i just bought a pair of clarks summer sandels from the bay last month-20%cpn of course -i kept them in the box for 2 weeks saying to myself -i cant afford these maybe i should take them back -i paid 49.00 for them reg 100.00-well guess what i decided my somewhat older feet needed them-they feel like i am walking on a cloud -wore them all around ottawa when we went and not a one blister-so comfy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I've had trouble with feet my whole life so I have to buy shoes like Clarks or Aerosoles and they get expensive. A tip: last year I bought clarks sandals on clearance at an independent shoe store for $29.99 and saved them in a box the whole winter and used them this year for the first time. We went to New York a few weeks ago and the SAME shoes I was wearing on my feet were on sale there for $74.99 at Macy's!

You can always store items until next year then use them. Then you have bBrand new shoes for the season but at a big discount!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    know what i say splurge on some things in life-we save from couponing so why not -i just bought a pair of clarks summer sandels from the bay last month-20%cpn of course -i kept them in the box for 2 weeks saying to myself -i cant afford these maybe i should take them back -i paid 49.00 for them reg 100.00-well guess what i decided my somewhat older feet needed them-they feel like i am walking on a cloud -wore them all around ottawa when we went and not a one blister-so comfy
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

We all have things we spend money on. For some it is a cup of timmies 5 days a week... for some it is starbuck... some purchase expensive makeup. Everyone has something that they spend good money on and as long as it is one thing and not 40 things it can be ok. (for me it camping gear lol) but i don't take vacations or get more then 2 cups of timmies a month and i don't eat out more then once a month. I coupon like the rest of you and do many other things to ensure i can get quality gear. Some people think camping is crazy... "work hard all year so you can run off into the mountains and live in a tent?"... i don't care i love camping! The only thing you can do is choose that special thing for you.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, folks! I appreciate your ideas! Yes, it IS important to "pamper" ourselves from time to time and I guess I've just adjusted my priorities from soap to travelling, come to think of it! Great to hear from you all!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

You were definitely crazy. (Aren't we all about something?) However, you had every right to spoil yourself. I am sure you spoil yourself in a new way with all your money saved on soap!

My latest splurges are Stampin' Up Stamp products for cards and scrapbooking...at least I get OP from SDM printing off all of those photos. I try to pick them up when there is a promotion. Sometimes I get multiple reminder calls...your photos are still here waiting...I am thinking, yep and so am I for 20X the points, etc.
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, Jul 15th, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    We all have things we spend money on. For some it is a cup of timmies 5 days a week... for some it is starbuck... some purchase expensive makeup. Everyone has something that they spend good money on and as long as it is one thing and not 40 things it can be ok. (for me it camping gear lol) but i don't take vacations or get more then 2 cups of timmies a month and i don't eat out more then once a month. I coupon like the rest of you and do many other things to ensure i can get quality gear. Some people think camping is crazy... "work hard all year so you can run off into the mountains and live in a tent?"... i don't care i love camping! The only thing you can do is choose that special thing for you.
    People think I'm crazy for sleeping in a tent too! lol Someday we will have to find a coupon for an RV! haha but when it comes to camping you definately don't want to cheap out on your gear, sometimes we luck out with canadian tire deals and clearance. When my bf and I got engaged our gift from his parents was a tent and a stove.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Definitely not crazy, just didn't have the wisdom that you have now.

I've always been thrifty and thought I was doing a good job. Then I discovered Smart Canucks! I cringe at the thought of the prices I use to pay on things for years compared to what I pay now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Camping gear, count me in. I am saving up for a nice canoe. If I am going to go into the middle of noplace I want a canoe that is going to get me there and home. I already have the tent that will get me through a rainstorm, stove that will run on almost anything, and the water filter that will make yucky water into something drinkable so now I am saving up for the vehicle to get me there.

There has to be a point to the saving and for me affording some extras is what makes it worth the effort.
    coley3, Judyhill and jasperandchar like this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information