User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: School Supplies for 2012-2013 Session - Deals !!!!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

C'est bien beau aider ceux dans le besoin, mais je veux avoir le choix de le faire. Pas qu'on le fasse à mon insu et à mes dépends. J'ai moi aussi un budget à respecter et comme mon mari gagne un salaire acceptable (plus de 24000$ par année, soit au-dessus du seuil de pauvreté), aucun organisme ne nous aidera si je n'y arrive pas. De toute façon, je me débrouille suffisamment bien pour ne pas en arriver là.
    Il me semble que dans mon temps. on savait lire, écrire et compter pour bien moins cher en matériel scolaire. Je ne comprends pas que nos enfants ne sachent pas compter mentalement.
    Et je crois que je m'arrête ici car je suis "crinquée" et ça pourrait être "laite".

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    The teachers will get stuff from the other kids or the kids share a lot. I know Kiera went through so much stuff last year, about 2 x times amount that was requested. Some schools tell you not to label your kids supplies so they can give it to the other kids. Personally that pisses me off. If you would ask me to send in extra stuff to help out other kids I have no problem but don't take stuff without asking.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Last year my son switched school and they have a flat fee of $180. For this amount they supply everything. Books , supplies, activities. It's great. His other high school cost me a fortune. $300 for uniforms right off the bat.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am surprised PJC did not have anything in their flyer this week. I guess Unirpix got a leg up on that .
    AnnieP likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    Holy cow! I read these posts and I am getting very discouraged! Remember when we were in school and the school would supply most of the stuff? Now, you need to take out a loan to get the stuff they ask for. What about people who are not able to afford it?
    round here, several of the churchs give out supplies for the state schools.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The teachers will get stuff from the other kids or the kids share a lot. I know Kiera went through so much stuff last year, about 2 x times amount that was requested. Some schools tell you not to label your kids supplies so they can give it to the other kids. Personally that pisses me off. If you would ask me to send in extra stuff to help out other kids I have no problem but don't take stuff without asking.
    I've got to the stage, after 7+ years , of only sending in the mininal amout of glue, pencils, erasers etc . Otherwise I'm buying replacements at Christmas and we are in the private system, dagnabbit!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

They did away with paying the school for supplies when my youngest went into gr 1 (5yrs ago)
    At her Elementary school they were BRAND specific ~ DROVE ME BATTY !!!!!
    They wanted all the kids to have the same supplies so that the kids weren't upset that their friends had fancier gear.
    OF COURSE there were parents who bought the pricey stuff and parents like me who struggled to keep up the list!
    I can understand that for certain Items IE Dictionaries that way everyone is on the same page LoL
    My personal fave was the 3 pairs of shoes (YES you read that right!)
    1 pr to wear to school, 1 pr for in school and a seperate non marking sole pr for gym...

This year she's starting Middle School
    NO MORE B$ ! WOO HOO !

Its a basic list all it asks is that you are willing to re~supply items as needed
    AND that for art class you do NOT buy from the $store (poor quality)

There are subsidy programs here for those who truly need
    Where every August your child (if you meet income requirements)
    Will recieve a new backpack/lunchkit and some of the more costly items (pencil crayons/calculators etc)
    or you can take a yearly grant of $60 the choice is yours.

Student fees are $50 incl Gym Uniform!
    families w/more than 1 child pay $30 per add child

Lunch program is free bussing is $1.00/day paid at the beginning of each month

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@<3 My $aving$ <3 I see you are in Winnipeg. Here in Quebec, everything is sorely underfunded that we need to pay through the nose for everything.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The problem is also that if you do run out and have to buy these things in the middle of the year they are so hard to find and freaking expensive.

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I saw pritt glue 40g at .99$ at Jean Coutu so I argue with the lady that they have it at that price in the public sac . Get home only to realize it was Familiprix.. oups
    AnnieP likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The problem is also that if you do run out and have to buy these things in the middle of the year they are so hard to find and freaking expensive.
    i always buy what I'm asked for plus a few extra now and keep them in store. Been bitten before. It does mean i have plenty of craft stuff though out the year.
    Patty Smyth, AnnieP and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

At least you get the list now! I don't get it till the first day and they expect it all by Friday or they get detentions!! Shocking! We even need to send boxes of Kleenex. One yr I forgot to send my 2 boxes and the teacher called and said my 8 yr old was getting a detention! Could not believe it!! I went to my stock pile grabbed 50 boxes of tissues (there was 25 kids in his class) I barged into the principals office and dumped them on his desk. I said this is so no kid gets a detention over Kleenex!! And walked out! Maddening!!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Wow! You have guts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    At least you get the list now! I don't get it till the first day and they expect it all by Friday or they get detentions!! Shocking! We even need to send boxes of Kleenex. One yr I forgot to send my 2 boxes and the teacher called and said my 8 yr old was getting a detention! Could not believe it!! I went to my stock pile grabbed 50 boxes of tissues (there was 25 kids in his class) I barged into the principals office and dumped them on his desk. I said this is so no kid gets a detention over Kleenex!! And walked out! Maddening!!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I do that too. But this year, my son ruin all my stash (pencils, eraser and glue stick).
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    i always buy what I'm asked for plus a few extra now and keep them in store. Been bitten before. It does mean i have plenty of craft stuff though out the year.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Good for you! My list has 4 boxes of kleenex and Wet ones lol. We used to get the list at the begininng of school when my son was going now Kiera's school sends it home the last day.

In high school they get their list as they go to each class and then you have to make a mad dash out that night with all the other crazies lol to get stuff. Thankfully his new school does all that for us we just give them the money.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I will be mad dashing..lol. Except we go to the states in August and I buy all their super cheap school stuff . Like .05 glue sticks and .50 pencil crayons. And duo tangs for 10 for. $1.
    Patty Smyth and kelly25 like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information