User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

who here has had london drugs not honor price matching on diapers?
    I had a manager call me stupid yesterday and then tell me that the mega pack of diapers are diffrent at zellers and london drugs.
    I just got off the phone with the Huggies Supervisor and they told me that a mega pack is a mega pack is a mega pack all across canada and the USA.....

Im a bit ticked off for first being called stupid, then for head office not saying sorry for being called stupid and then not honering the price match.

i want to know how many people have had this issue with london drugs.

this is what they say on there website about honoring price matching

"
    We guarantee the best price

We offer what you need at a price that’s right. If you find the same merchandise advertised in print at a lower price, we’ll match that price. Even if you find that lower advertised price after you buy, we’ll step up and match that price for 30 days.* This does not apply to online pricing and this guarantee can not be extended to items purchased through our online store. Please see our STORE LOCATOR for a location nearest you.
    *Excluding Prescriptions, 1-Hour Photofinishing and internet pricing."

it says nothing about excluding childrens products like diapers or wipes or anything. im quite upset about this and am looking at going to the media.

i just went to london drugs and shoppers today and got a mega pack and they are both identical and including the UPC code (what the london drgus rep told me were diffrent from store to store IE London drugs is diffrent from zellers and diffrent from shoppers)

im quite upset about this and i want them to honor there price matching for myself and other local moms.
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart, Zellers

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

I don't blame you for being choked! I can't believe he actually called you stupid? WTH!!

I'm not liking this price match thing at LD now...I was told if you are going to use coupons when price matching, you can only do that on 1 item...but what if the price match is a 2 for $$ deal?

LD will hopefully notice a drop in sales/profits and then revise their new rules a bit.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

I had a London drugs rep call me and tell me the mega pack at there store and at zellers and other stores have different UPC codes. I have taken pictures and it's not true. I don't take being lied to lightly.

Awesome
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

That's really rude of them to call you stupid! I'd be mad too.

Not these particular diapers, but isn't it true that there are a lot of other diaper packs that vary in size depending on which store you buy it from? Not even just diapers. For example, Lever 2000 3-pack bar soap -- it was advertised last fall as being on sale at Walmart for super cheap, but the sizes were off by like 1g per bar, so LD wouldn't price match. I didn't even notice until they pointed it out.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I never have any luck pming diapers in langley. They always give me some song and dance as to why not.. when I lived in abby they would pm everything anywhere, but maybe things are different now.

I cant believe he called you stupid!!! Wow...
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

Thing is I called the huggies rep after the rep from London drugs told me that there huggies have a doffrent UPC code then other stores. I have taken pictures of huggies from London drugs, shoppers, and I'm going to try zellers tomorrow. So far all the same UPC on the mega pack for each size!!!
    I'm just choked. Not fair for there rep to lie bold face to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Yikes!!! If you are talking about last week's Zellers sale on Huggies he should have just told you that their particular store is not matching the Zellers price. His response was pretty rude....

I do know that LD is getting stricter on diaper matches. I have been told at the three Surrey stores that the diapers have to be clearly and specifically described in the competitors' flyer. i.e. If the ad says "selected types" and it shows what looks like a 'mega' bag they won't match. Other than that, I have price-matched at Morgan Crossing, Guildford and Whalley.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

This one said on the add, mega pack on sale. Then I showed him that it was a mega pack. I'm not going to be happy till I get an apology and a price match to use at my convenience. I even lost out using coupons because of this!

I LUV FREE Stuff
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear your bad experience.....You should send complaint to the head office about the Rude behaviour, I know we don't want anybody get fired but somebody has to know manner....we are all human....Stupid is one of the word that we don't want to hear.....about PMing....I hate doing it to be honest with you....you may get lucky or dissapoint....I take it lightly....

Isagirl4life
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know it might be a bit off topic but has anyone else told by LD staff that you can only PM one item per shopping trip?
    Just wondering how true that is

Kaz
    Female
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Abbotsford and mission will only price match 1 item and have been doing this for quite some time now. It does make it hard with WUB2 coupons, but the up side is they don't have empty shelves when sellers or wal mart have a sale!

Thread Information