User Tag List

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Finally sold 3 items this week!! My did that take a long time!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sometimes I check out the Freebies section, you never know right? When I see some really large item offers with the condition that a person just be able to take it away I sometimes wonder if some people are just trying to get some junk hauled away for free haha.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee09 View Post
    Sometimes I check out the Freebies section, you never know right? When I see some really large item offers with the condition that a person just be able to take it away I sometimes wonder if some people are just trying to get some junk hauled away for free haha.

Guess this is one of those YMMV things...one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post

I was looking at aquariums for sale and some people wanted well over what other people had on sale, one was for a 4 ft tank with a stand but nothing else....no heater no filters and the seller wanted $500 while I could buy a complete set up for $200 from another seller.
    Today I tried to buy a tank from a Kijiji seller who wanted $100 more for his used set-up than I could buy new from a fish shop close to his house. When I pointed this out he sent some nasty e-mails to me...sighs..

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Need to sell some more stuff....it would be great to sell it so I could get some Christmas money!!!! Right now I am not sure how Christmas will happen...I think I will need about $900!!! Crap

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Im trying to rent out my suite. So I posted it on craigslist and kijji...do people seriously think I wont google their names before replying to an email?? I just got an email from an apparently well-known scam artist. well actually, I guess a lot of people wouldn't think to google people...I guess I just have a distrustful nature.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I'd say ALWAYS meet them when it's convenient for YOU and closeby to YOU. If they want the item, they should be coming to YOU. Yes, you could meet them halfway, but its VERY anooying when they are a NO SHOW. I've learned that. So always meet them close to you. If they don't want to it means they're not that serious about the item, so wait for someone who is!
    Abby5 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Just sorted through tons of the kids toys to list on Kijiji, almost dreading listing them as I hate dealing with the stupid questions. Some of the best are when you just list an item, like 5 minutes earlier and you get a message asking that since you still haven't sold the item would you consider donating it to XYZ for XYY reason and could you please drop it off during specific hours, half way across the city.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

I had someone send me an email yesturday about an add I had on saying they wanted me to GIVE it to there daughter cause it was her birthday... AH OK NOT.......................
    julesie-pie likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

That is crazy!!! Even for kijiji!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have just posted a few things in the last couple of weeks (latest one today). My first one, I only 2 emails on and they both expressed interest, but died there. I'm selling my old car, and it clearly states in the ad everything that is wrong with it (which is why we only had 2 replies, LOL) and that the inspection is up. I have had one guy email me asking when the inspection runs out. I just posted an ad today with some toys the kids have decided to get rid of. If I can sell the stuff, I will be giving the money to the kids for the Fat Cat account (bank account through local credit union and their school). Hopefully I will have some decent responses. A few years ago, I posted looking for a babysitter. I had some good responses from that ad, and actually we are still using the same babysitter that replied to our ad.
    Abby5 likes this.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Treat Kijiji like any other business. Don't do any favors for anyone. If they can't pick an item up for a few days, then keep it listed and tell them that you will let them know if its still available for them when they are able to get it. One of the things I hate about kijiji is that there is no consequences to being dishonest.
    Insane, Abby5 and The Kawarthan like this.
    BD Williams
    Insurance Agent Extraordinaire
    car insurance canada
    car insurance ontario

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Wow. I can honestly say I've never had issue with kijiji. Maybe I just jinxed myself . Just sold a bunch of Dh's uncle's stuff since they are moving back to the UK and I got rid of everything for the asking price. Everyone was prompt, polite and easy to deal with.

I do get a kick out of reading the want ads though. Some of them must be high when they post those ads. I want all your stuff and I want you to deliver it and I want it to be brand new!
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post

I do get a kick out of reading the want ads though. Some of them must be high when they post those ads. I want all your stuff and I want you to deliver it and I want it to be brand new!
    Oh and you can arrange the rest of the furniture while you're at it....and drop this off at the dump on your way home.
    gourmetsue likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was looking for a clothing rack for the up coming Mom2Mom sale as I was a vendor and had a lot of clothes to sell. I responded to an ad that indicated that they where open to offers and to make one as no starting price was posted. This is our conversation:
    Me:Will you accept $40 for the clothing rack?
    Seller: No thank you.
    Me: that's odd. Your ad only said to make an offer, which is exactly what I did. You chose to not accept, but then didn't make a counter offer? Hmmmm, you must not want to actually hear people's offers if your not willing to state how much YOU'D be willing to accept for it, then possibly bargain with someone who actually wants to purchase your item. If you don't want to sell or even counter offer, then post your items as "Make an Offer". Because of your failure to communicate, I will give someone else my hard earned money.
    Have a nice day
    Seller: lol>>>we actually need the rack now. Just didn't realize you needed a lengthy explanation. Welcome to the business world honey.
    Me: Most sellers, especially the ones I have dealt with, are courteous to potential buyers and offer an explanation, but I guess common courtesy is loss on some. If your going to be using your item, then please remove it from the ads as its very misleading and many intelligent buyers will assume the item is for sale.
    Seller: Everything is for sale...its all about the price. Just keep your hard earned money.

I left it at that, still misdified that they weren't willing to counter offer. I was willing to go up to $80. This is what ticks me off about some sellers, they want to sell their item but are unwilling to post a price or to haggle. Oh well, I ended up finding a better clothing rack for only $25, and this one spun around so it was easier for buyers at the sale.
    Abby5 and The Kawarthan like this.

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information