User Tag List

Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

me too, always depends on my most recent experience lol and the last one was really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    honest I have a love hate thing with kijiji -I have made 88.00 this summer/fall -not a lot but hey better than nothing
    a woman mesaged yesterday where do you live-so itell her no replyback
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

More reason to be careful on Kijiji/Craigslist other online ad places. The Ottawa gunman bought his car from an online ad
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...r-BBaXAo7?ocid
    ROMEO likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This one takes the cake.

Me in the posting: I will sell it to the best offer. Didn't list any price at all because I will honestly take whatever people want to offer so I can get rid of this.

Emailer: Are you firm on the price?

Ummmm. what price?
    ROMEO, coupon girl and seylz_gurl like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm starting to lean on the hate side of Kijiji.

I've listed a 24" tube TV for free (works great, but no use for it any more), and a twin bed for $45. Both pick up only. I have had a LOT of people respond to both ads - so far only one person has actually called to arrange a pick up time, and they never showed up!

Seriously, they ask if it's available, I tell them it is and how to get a hold of me, and then they just never bother responding! I even wait a few days before going on to the next person, in case they need to arrange vehicles or something.
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This one takes the cake. Person texts me their number asks me to text them. They didn't make an offer so I told them I will take $175 (I'll really take less because I want to get rid of it). She counters with THIRTY FIVE. Not $135. Just $35

Now she is telling me it is a FAKE even though I have a store receipt!

EDIT this is unbelievable. Now she is telling me its used. I tell her no it isn't did you look at the pictures it has tags and paper wrap on it.

Now truth comes out that she can't afford more than $50. Why are you wasting my time?? You think I'm gonna sell you a $200 item you cal still buy in the stores for $50? If you didn't accuse me of a crime then maybe but you think I will do that now?

I guess I can't complain because at least she is making an offer unlike the other people

Kijiji + Torontogal12 =
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Oct 26th, 2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and luckbealady like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

GOD. One woman says she'll buy my item if I come meet her. So I set up a time and place and have been emailing her all week and now she is just ignoring me. I had to delist it from Ebay for her because I wanted to get cash in person.

Now I lost those 17 watchers that could've bid on it.

UGHHHHHHH
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

ha this is a new one:

I get a message that just say "hi"

Nothing else.

So I respond asking if they are interested in my item

They send me a copy/paste to what I think is their retail store where they are selling the same item.

Yes, I want to sell mine and then go buy one off you
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I just was honest with two people and told them that there were two people who wanted it and the person who could come take it first would be the winner. It worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I'm starting to lean on the hate side of Kijiji.

I've listed a 24" tube TV for free (works great, but no use for it any more), and a twin bed for $45. Both pick up only. I have had a LOT of people respond to both ads - so far only one person has actually called to arrange a pick up time, and they never showed up!

Seriously, they ask if it's available, I tell them it is and how to get a hold of me, and then they just never bother responding! I even wait a few days before going on to the next person, in case they need to arrange vehicles or something.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One thing I don't understand about kijiji (and all online classifieds) is when people post something for sale but they aren't even in the city they are posting in. For Calgary kijiji I have seen postings from all over southern Alberta. When you email to ask about the item or even say you want to buy it and make plans to meet, they mention they aren't even in the city. It's pointless for everyone involved.

For the most part I have had good luck on kijiji and I like how you can weed out the good, bad and ugly via email when selling something.
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I just was honest with two people and told them that there were two people who wanted it and the person who could come take it first would be the winner. It worked!
    Well, the woman who actually called to arrange to pick it up finally turned up - a week late, and with no notice (she was just suddenly at our door)! At least the bed is gone now. I got so sick of it that I just took everything off kijiji - it will just go out on the curb or to an electronic recycling depot. Some stuff went to my brother's for him to list - he lives near a big city, so we'll see if they get any responses.

I always mentioned when I moved on to the next person that I've responded to others and it was just whoever showed up first.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I HATE the people who go "oh by the way I don't live in your city, do you ever go [an hour away]?" and when I say no (I posted it on the kijiji page for the city I am IN), they ask for a big break on price because they're driving so far!

How is that MY problem?
    BuggaBugga, Decaf and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I HATE the people who go "oh by the way I don't live in your city, do you ever go [an hour away]?" and when I say no (I posted it on the kijiji page for the city I am IN), they ask for a big break on price because they're driving so far!

How is that MY problem?
    ohh i've had that happen a few times "i gotta drive all the way in from..." which is only 20 min away at most... well it's not my issue

i've also has people ask me if i drive up island and could deliver (like multiple hours up island)
    Chantel and torontogal12 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Really tired of searching the ads and seeing people post things for sale and use the "WANTED" instead of "FOR SALE" The listing page even prompt you as to which to use. It's not a Wanted ad if you are Selling it.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

^ YES! OH MY GOD YES.

Just got another doorknob. I am selling a computer item I got duped into buying at a garage sale that doesn't work. So I put it up as a 'for parts or repair' ad for $10, the parts alone are worth that much.

This jerk messaged me and said, more or less, "Hey if you have that still, how about just giving it to me? I don't want to pay $10 because it might not be worth my time". Uh, then don't buy it? If I donate it, it'll be to a nonprofit! NOT TO SOME RUDE JERK.
    Linda Evans likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I don't want to pay $10 because it might not be worth my time".
    Then why are you bothering to message!?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Nov 25th, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information