User Tag List

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I had one person pass to the next for Halloween costumes to be kind...(she wanted them for dress-up the other woman for Halloween). Halloweenie stood me up...twice. Go back to dress-up queen. She said, wow, can't believe she stood you up. Rescheduled with her 4-5 times. Gah!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Modding on a bidding wars group, I am DEFINITELY seeing the crazies come out over the Halloween postings! Its weird. They are the majority of the no show reports and other drama b.s.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    why do people post that their items are brand new in the title or in the first sentence then when you read more they say "only used for a few months" or "has some scratches". I don't get it. When i read brand new, i expect the item is in box, with tag, sealed, etc. and has never been used.
    Sometimes it's just hilarious to see people try to say "brand new!" when the item has obliviously been used for years. I'm going to try to find the ad I saw recently, someone selling a toaster oven that was apparently brand new, it looked like it was easily over 10 years old. At least they didn't use a fake picture.

Edit: it was the same person that posted a pic of a mattress that was "brand new" but funny enough was covered in mystery stains.
    Last edited by GracieAnne; Sun, Sep 27th, 2015 at 03:59 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-had 3 people message me for 3 different items -one even wanted me to drop off as she was a disabled senior -okay we said
    -but nobody has gotten back to me -so fed up with some people on kijiji lately
    macw1960 and Durham Couponer like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

People who take forever to get back to you and when they do it is just insulting what they offer. Selling a piece of furniture was $100, then $75 and now $50, they say they want it take DAYS to message me back and then offer $20. Nope $50 or nothing, I am DONE playing games.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Person who stood me up wanted to meet at 7 a.m. I told them that I work the later shift and cannot, but gave them a list of times.

Never responded. Early this morning my phone rings and the guy is downstairs. WTF. I told you I work the late shift

check my phone, he had ignored me all day yesterday, then sends a message at 7 a.m. this morning telling me he is coming by
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Sep 28th, 2015 at 09:17 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Sometimes it's just hilarious to see people try to say "brand new!" when the item has obliviously been used for years. I'm going to try to find the ad I saw recently, someone selling a toaster oven that was apparently brand new, it looked like it was easily over 10 years old. At least they didn't use a fake picture.

Edit: it was the same person that posted a pic of a mattress that was "brand new" but funny enough was covered in mystery stains.
    OMG! Yes, there was a wicker chair posted as brand new yesterday and I shook my head. Looked like it had been sitting on someones patio for a good couple seasons through all the elements. Bidded up to $10.50 and the seller deleted the post because she wanted more for it. Grrrr! That ticks me off....is is not how an auction works dumb dumb.

And since we are talking - I JUST had to share this one:

Ummmm gross or what?? How about at least strip the bed first! I wouldn't want much of anything from a seller who thinks there is nothing wrong with posting like that.

Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-28-10-52-25.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  123.1 KB
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

^^^just like those ppl who say..."all it needs is..." turn off for the buyer. Clean it and post it. If there is something wrong write, "as is condition: broken _____." And don't ask a fortune if it is broken!!!
    sweetmomma and macw1960 like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

^^^ i agree. Why don't people clean it first before selling it? I recently bought a baby walker, baby gate, baby bathtub and had to scrub and clean them in soapy water in my tiny bathtub - i live in a condo. I always disinfect stuff I buy used but this time I had to soak and scrub GRRRR

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not know about other areas but in mine ALOT of people post gross looking items with the line "just needs a little elbow grease and I do not have the time or patients." Maybe it is me but at that point just toss it

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

^The only thing worse than the "here is my broken crap that I didn't bother to clean" people are people who do not disclose problems with items before they sell. I'd rather get something knowing what the issue is and deciding off of that whether I want it than going home and finding out it's messed up in some way. Some rude lady sold me a computer monitor knowing the part that illuminated the screen was dead, I was not very happy about that. It was at a garage sale and there was no power cord so I just took her word for it that there were no problems.

I should post that I've had some good luck, every now and again I hit something great and it almost makes up for the crap I posted in the brag section, but I got a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer for $20. Had an issue with the speed lever which I fixed. I was so happy that the lady clearly disclosed what the issue with it was so I could research it and see if it was worth forking over money on the off chance that it couldn't be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post

People are so weird with this. Remember back in oh...the 80s, probably, when microwaves were woodgrain and just hideous things? I saw someone trying to sell a Panasonic Dimension 4 microwave on Kijiji for $75.00!! I can get a BRAND NEW Panasonic microwave for that. People (especially old people, it seems) seem to think that things hold their value. Even if you've barely used it over the years, it is not worth now what you paid for it then.

If you're even going to bother to comment on the amount of use on something so dated, you should list as "barely used" or "unused" if that is actually true, because nothing is new after 10 years, sealed in its' original box or not!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    People who take forever to get back to you and when they do it is just insulting what they offer. Selling a piece of furniture was $100, then $75 and now $50, they say they want it take DAYS to message me back and then offer $20. Nope $50 or nothing, I am DONE playing games.
    just say in your ad " price is firm " " non negotiable " " low ballers and time wasters will be ignored " and then really ignore them and don't engage them , this will cut down lot of Kijiji BS

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

In this case it was interesting, the item was originally posted at $100, then dropped to $75 and had a note all offers will be accepted. When I dropped again to $50 I removed the note but all of the low ballers mentioned the note which was no longer on the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    just say in your ad " price is firm " " non negotiable " " low ballers and time wasters will be ignored " and then really ignore them and don't engage them , this will cut down lot of Kijiji BS

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    ^^^just like those ppl who say..."all it needs is..." turn off for the buyer. Clean it and post it. If there is something wrong write, "as is condition: broken _____." And don't ask a fortune if it is broken!!!
    Exactly! I HATE (and I dislike the word hate!) when they say "will need a good scrub" Ah... Then scrub it! Geez! I would be too embarrassed to try and sell a dirty item.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I don't wait around for anyone. I had a lady post on a an FB ad that she was interested in my item. Then another posted on the same thing saying interested. So I replied saying "PM me to arrange pick up " Somebody did and they arranged to pick up this morning. The other lady messaged this morning saying she wanted it but wasn't online all day. Told her sorry it was sold. So many people say "interested" but less then half ever make arrangements to pick up so I know how the game works now lol
    macw1960 and vw_girl like this.

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information