User Tag List

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    ^well one is better then none My problem is I have no room for the stuff I am selling. And the garage is a disaster! I really need this stuff gone! I did sell 2 bike racks for cars last week..so a little is out of the garage. But I need to take down walls and organize it this week so...come on people and buy !!!(and don't bail )
    I have no storage room for these textbooks either! That's why all of them are at my parents house and they are bringing them in Sept when I will hopefully actually get rid of them. I just brought the one because this girl was messaging me wanting it asap so I moved it with me then she no showed twice...UGH! Like the first day she wanted to meet on the morning that I was moving...told her it wasn't possible because I was moving that day so we set a time for that evening at 6. I stopped unpacking and sat in the lobby for half an hour waiting before giving up and coming back. Emailed her and she said something came up can we do the next night at 6:30...Okay so again waited in the lobby for half an hour and no show...Then she wanted me to meet her somewhere else when I asked why she never showed...Nope not happening so she stopped replying LOL! I HATE PEOPLE!
    wolfwoman likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Sucks!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't even get me started on Kijiji. It feels like for every good experience I have had on there, I get a crap one.

My favourite was the time I tried to give away for FREE about $100 worth of ink cartridges, still new in the packages (we just got a new printer and these were leftover). I had no joke - 5 no shows to pick them up. And this was with the package left on my front porch for them to come anytime they wanted the day we agreed.
    Nothing.
    I eventually just donated them to a second hand store.
    Then I got yelled at via email from one of them b.c a spam bot had picked up my email on there and was spamming her (this happens a lot with Kijiji emails). I am like I am not trying to send you notes about buying drugs online in bulk. Sigh.

My biggest pet peeve with Kijiji however has to do with the utter lack of class/grammar/sentence structure when people respond via emails.
    Examples.
    "can u plze leave it for me??????"
    "still available? pleeez let me know asap"
    "is item still there"

No "Hello, I came across your ad regarding the bookshelves for sale. I am interested in getting them and would like to know if they are still available? If so I can come by as early as tomorrow. Thanks, Mr. Smith"

I'm sorry but I am not their friend. This is a business transaction. Nothing annoys me more than text formatted e-mails without any proper introduction. I know it may sound nit picky, but I find it really rude because they wouldn't do it to say a bank, an HR dept or even any formal business transaction and they do it on there all the time.

You wouldn't write an email to that type of establishment without punctuation, improper spelling (seriously the "u's" and the "z's" in short format anything drive me nuts) so do not email me like you were texting your BFF about Friday night club night plans. Sometimes I want to write back, "Please get back to me in proper English and then maybe we can have a conversation about the items I have for sale."
    Last edited by nightlite; Thu, Jul 26th, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
    gracesmommy, Abby5, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have posted a glass desk and we took it outside for pictures. This lady wanted us to deliver it. She was paying extra for that. Then she says oh it is outside you don't take care of it. What??? Just say you don't want it..OMG!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Sorry to hear that op. I know some people are inconsiderate.

I was looking at posting a wanted ad on Kijiji because we are looking for a good rocking chair for the nursery. The way Kijiji has things organized by major city, I have to pick Regina (which is 2 1/2hrs away) when posting the wanted ad. Any suggestions?
    Use the title to your advantage by putting the town/city name in it when it doesn't have yours listed

Quote Originally Posted by RSAS View Post
    I have been waiting 2 weeks for this lady to come pick up her item! 2 weeks! She keeps emailing me back with all sorts of excuses and apologies...either she has really bad luck or is a bit of a wacko... she forgot, she got sick, she got rear ended, she had a cancellation appointment, she had to take her kid to the ER... I kinda wish I had cut communication with her after the first excuse. She is "supposed" to come today, because she apparently despreatly needs this item tomorrow...oh we shall see...
    Start putting your foot down & let them know that you cannot guarantee that an item is still available unless it's paid for & picked up in a reasonable amount of time. You're not a store with a layaway department.

Always leave your ad up until the moment that item leaves your possession or you could potentially miss out on a sale. And make sure that you are clear with a potential buyer who expects you to hold on to something for a few days/weeks that if someone else is interested & is willing to buy it before that date, you will be selling it; if a person wants something bad enough, they will find a way to get there.

It's the sob stories that annoy me the most.

I mean I'm sorry to hear that _this event_ has happened in your life, but it's not my responsibility to bend over backwards for you.

That probably sounds mean, but I got screwed over badly a few years ago when in was in the process of moving, and I was getting rid of my massive livingroom set because it was just too big for the space at the new place, instead I held on to it for a person who gave me a sob story about how much they needed a set for their home & little kids, then I never heard from her again. I turned away 3 other potential buyers, and ended up giving them away for free on the last day of my move cause I was left with no choice; sob stories no longer affect me any more.
    Last edited by KrazE; Sun, Jul 22nd, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Abby5, Ciel and ninna like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have a love/hate relationship with Kijiji.

I'll post an ad and put at the bottom "If you are reading this, it means the item is available. I delete all ads immediately after the item has been sold" yet I still get the "is it still available?" emails. I just ignore those now.

Then when you finally do get someone who seems interested they never show up! When they show interest I give them my number and say call to arrange a time to come pick it up.. and rarely do they ever call.

Then there's the lowballers who think they're doing you a favour by offering 1/4 of what you have it listed at. I had an 88 key electric piano I put on there.. I listed it for $600 as we spent about $650 on it a few years prior. We immediately got an email from a guy offering us I think it was $100. He said the keyboard was old, it was only worth $100 and he'd be doing us a favour by offering us that much. We said no, he kept emailing us harassing us saying we overpriced it. Funny how about 3 weeks later I sold it to a very nice exchange student for $550!

Even with this last round of postings I put up a dog bed my mom bought. It was never used, her dog just didn't take to it. She bought it for $60 a few weeks ago and it was still pretty much new. So I listed it for $35. I got an email from someone who said I was "wasting everybody's time because I saw that same bed at Costco for $23." I ignored it because it wasn't even the same bed as Costco. About a week later I got a guy who offered $25, I said I'd do $30 and he came the next day. Nice, easy transaction.

I love kijiji because it's a heck of a lot better than trying to sell things on ebay.. but the no shows, the hit and runs (ask for information about the item or say they're interested and never call back), the people who don't read ads, the lowballers and the rude people just make me shake my head.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Some people clearly have too much time on their hands. lol. I put up a want ad for something a year ago (can't even remember what it was for now) and some guy emailed me saying "who doesn't want that kind of a deal. you're an idiot to think you'll get it". I ignored the email, even though a few weeks later I soooooo badly wanted to email him back and say "someone replied and I bought the item for the price I wanted - never hurts to ask!" lol

I just bought a double jogging stroller/bike trailer the other day off kijiji. The ad said "leave phone number or you wont be contacted" but I politely said "I'm unable to phone but thought I'd take a chance that you'll respond to email. I understand if you dont but I'm very interested and can meet you today or tomorrow if that's okay with you". I got a response within the hour and we arranged to meet at a Tim Horton's about an hour later. I was waiting for them when they arrived and the whole transaction (from their posting to our exchange/goodbye) was less than 3 hours. So, sometimes things work out quickly and smoothly.
    Abby5, Ciel and wolfwoman like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I have been waiting 2 weeks for this lady to come pick up her item! 2 weeks! She keeps emailing me back with all sorts of excuses and apologies...either she has really bad luck or is a bit of a wacko... she forgot, she got sick, she got rear ended, she had a cancellation appointment, she had to take her kid to the ER... I kinda wish I had cut communication with her after the first excuse. She is "supposed" to come today, because she apparently despreatly needs this item tomorrow...oh we shall see...
    oh now she is in hospital with her kid after she had to call an ambulance...but still wants to pick up. HA! sorry, but no thanks, I'm done.
    So I moved on to another buyer...except now this new one is trying to lowball me comparing my item to a new item that is a DIFFERENT brand!! I'm getting frusterated.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

​I think I could have sold this desk 5 times!! Can't someone just buy it and come get it!!! Man it is a annoying

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I tried to give flute lessons through kijiji. I had one good student, but the rest were awful. At the end of the lesson many would refuse to pay or say they forgot the money, expecting me to come back to get it later. I feel like I got taken advantage of a lot.
    Abby5 and bargain_hunter_lola like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Courtesy seems to be the key characteristic for both parties in the buy/sell transaction. Both sides have to feel good about the deal.

Well, some buyers are not alert to their own actions when they waste your time. I'd be tempted to post "The umpteenth person to say that this ad is too whatever for them will receive a bill that costs them real money, in Canadian funds, payable net 5 days. NO ONE has the ability to turn back time, so wasting my time will cost YOU."
    Abby5 and wolfwoman like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

So I moved on to another buyer...except now this new one is trying to lowball me comparing my item to a new item that is a DIFFERENT brand!! I'm getting frusterated.
    I would respond saying "Thank you for your information; the item you have mentioned is a different brand than what I am selling. As stated in my ad, I am asking for X amount of money for "your item", and if you are interesting in purchasing it as listed, we can certainly set up a date/time for purchase & pick up. Regards"

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    ​I think I could have sold this desk 5 times!! Can't someone just buy it and come get it!!! Man it is a annoying
    Sorry you're having a tough time selling the desk; perhaps edit your ad title adding something like "perfect for students" (if it is) as we're nearing back to school time.
    Abby5 and RSAS like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Desk sold and delivered!!! And my ds cleaned my garage He even put up a track system for organizing stuff!!! It looks wonderful...only a single car garage but every fall I can put my car in

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Great to read of success on two fronts, Abby5! Is DS willing to organize anything else at home for you?
    Abby5 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Ds is helping will my little ds 's room. He put up a bike rack in there today. Yes my ds sleeps with his bmx bike And was going to put up 2 floating shelves but one was damaged so one is up. He also but up a hook on the back of his door. They polished both of their swords to hang up too.
    Tommorrow I will return/exchange the shelf and we will paint some great wooden boxes that we got from the garbage and his room will be done oh and we went through all of his clothes and donated 3 bags. So we could see what he needs for September
    I will have to think of some more areas to organize
    i am an extreame organizer, so it is hard to find more projects

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information