User Tag List

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I posted a watch in my hometown's subsection last year and someone asked if I come to a city an hour and a half away from me often. In the dead of winter. When the roads were atrocious. Honey, no. Why would you even ask that? That's only a reasonable thing if the seller lives in a small community and you ask if they come to the closest major city often. But I'm not driving 120km to sell you a WATCH for $180! WTF.

(OT but: )

The idiot in my last post about my wine stuff came to my garage sale, I'm fairly sure. I could tell it was likely him because he was an ass. My parents referred him to me when he asked about the wine things and he treated me like I was a moron and had no idea the value of any of my stuff. I had one different glass carboy that was kind of teardrop shaped that I didn't put with the others as I knew someone might be more interested in it specifically as a decorative piece. He asked how much I wanted and I said make an offer because I assumed he had a grasp on the price of wine stuff. He said $1, I said no, $10 is more like it (they go for about $40) and he said $2. I said no. He then told me "well it has nothing to even carry it with!" Well, doorknob, that's why you spend $5 on a carboy handle to pick it up because THEY DON'T COME WITH HANDLES. THE HANDLE IS NOT MISSING, IT IS NOT PART OF THE BOTTLE. I sold it to a nice lady later for $10.

I had one other jerk who lowballed me on literally everything (he offered $5 for a good quality cabinet I had that needs a small piece of countertop for it, I said no, and then he offered $10 for it and about $100 worth of other stuff my dad was selling him for $7. I don't think your math is very good, dipstick, because that drops the price of the cabinet down to $3....) and I ended up selling him a bullet trap for $35 when I had $60 on it. I should have told him to shove it but I've been brainwashed so well by the customer service industry I find it hard to tell people where to go. There's a point where making an offer becomes obnoxious. When you're told no, stop pushing.

Also, why the hell do people think they can park IN your driveway because you're having a yard sale? Thank you, you lazy jerk, for blocking the view from the road so people will just think I have people over just so you don't have to walk 10 feet!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

^^^^ When people start to annoy me at our garage sales with the constant and persistent low balling I'll actually start to go up in price LOL and try putting a simple but effective barrier at the end of your driveway to stop people driving in. We use a couple gallon pails with some water in them to give them some weight. Works like a charm.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was looking for a wagon for dd, found one for a good price($15.00) but the listing was a few weeks old. So I message them at 4:30 pm asking if it's still avaliable(most people don't take their ads down in my area) and say dh can pick it up tonight between 6:30-7 or anytime tomorrow before 3 when he's done work(the address in the ad is literally 3 houses away from where he's currently working). Get a message back at 4:36 saying it HAS to be picked up by 5pm because they "need" the space and they can't wait any longer to get rid of it. I tell them sorry it's not possible as it won't fit in my car, and I couldn't even get to the bank to grab cash and get to their place by 5pm. I don't hear anything back until an hour ago saying that they'll hold it until tomorrow IF I'm willing to pay $45 for it because it's so "inconvenient" for them to hold it for an extra day. Umm no thanks. I can buy a brand new one for an extra $10-15 bucks.
    And clearly space isn't an issue because the ad has been up for two and a half weeks, is still available and hasn't made it to the curb yet.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I was looking for a wagon for dd, found one for a good price($15.00) but the listing was a few weeks old. So I message them at 4:30 pm asking if it's still avaliable(most people don't take their ads down in my area) and say dh can pick it up tonight between 6:30-7 or anytime tomorrow before 3 when he's done work(the address in the ad is literally 3 houses away from where he's currently working). Get a message back at 4:36 saying it HAS to be picked up by 5pm because they "need" the space and they can't wait any longer to get rid of it. I tell them sorry it's not possible as it won't fit in my car, and I couldn't even get to the bank to grab cash and get to their place by 5pm. I don't hear anything back until an hour ago saying that they'll hold it until tomorrow IF I'm willing to pay $45 for it because it's so "inconvenient" for them to hold it for an extra day. Umm no thanks. I can buy a brand new one for an extra $10-15 bucks.
    And clearly space isn't an issue because the ad has been up for two and a half weeks, is still available and hasn't made it to the curb yet.
    And Kijidiot.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I had many no shows when I posted items.
    Friday evening I picked Homedics foot massage for $7 ,they said they used only twice and in excellent working condition.
    Saturday morning ,I put water in it and within a minute it started leaking. So I messaged them about it leaks and they say it didn't leak for them.
    So waste of $7 money!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most experiences have been great buying and selling but after posting a free 3 person patio swing everyone asking only had small cars. Wish people wouldn't waste my time asking if they can't bring it home.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I swear for every good kijiji interaction I have (and by good, I mean someone actually shows up on time and pays for the item. I have low standards) I get 5 crap ones.

I sold a few things without a hitch, but now I have this idiot who is trying to buy a freezer from me who can't seem to function as a human being. He wants this freezer to use in a charity type setting which is fine, we even lowered the price a little for him. He was supposed to come 2 days ago to get it, he then says he has a dinner event he forgot about. Fine. He says he will come tonight, 4 pm. At 5 pm I email him and say I guess you're not coming, if you're interested please tell me when you can actually come. An hour later he says he was out volunteering and just got home. Great for you for volunteering, but I didn't volunteer to waste an hour of my life waiting for you for nothing.

He's supposedly coming tomorrow. If he doesn't I'm going to tell him I don't want to sell him the freezer anymore and to please not contact me again because he has wasted more than enough of my time.

Then I have another guy who wants to buy ACs that I'm selling. Listed for $100 each, I had mistakenly included a remote in the photo that was not for the AC. I let him know this as soon as I realized it. He was pleasant until then, and he goes "Oh, there's no remotes for either of them? They must be old. $50 each?"

Sorry, no. They are COMPLETELY functional without a remote and if you are SO lazy that you cannot get up to fiddle with your AC, you can actually program your phone as a remote for any one that has ever had a remote. Easy peasy. I'm not going to knock 50% off an already decently priced item when we're walking into what looks to be a scorching summer in my area, because someone else WILL pay full price to beat the heat.

And (third time is not the charm...) another person wanting to buy another item that I'm selling who wants to come in the morning tomorrow. It's a weekday, most people work, dude. Then he says he will come by in the evening instead, but doesn't give me a time. I have stuff to do and 'evening' can mean anything from 5-10 pm. He also keeps aggressively asking me to call him about it. He's given me his phone number three times. And despite me saying the item is in great condition, he keeps coming back and asking questions like 'are there any visible scratches?'. Even if there were, they wouldn't make the item not work. Are you displaying it in a museum or using it?

Ughhhh.

EDIT: This guy has messaged me 3 more times. That is 6 emails. I have responded twice.
    Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Apr 21st, 2016 at 03:36 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Freezer guy didn't come again. I hope he scalds himself on every cup of coffee he drinks for the next year. Jerk.
    macw1960 and coupongirl99 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Why do people keep trolling me...get a life.
    macw1960 likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

People who think you have nothing better to do then sit around all day waiting. Normally I do porch pick ups, pick up, don't whatever doesn't effect me. But I have one person who is not sure about an item and want to look it over, okay fine.
    Says they are coming yesterday, message me to say cannot come at arranged time, they keep contact no problem
    Message an hour later are you home I can come now, message back yes I am
    2 Hours later still not here message them back asking if they are coming, oh I guess I can come now
    They then come back and have no re booked to come today.

The good news is I was planning to be home all day anyways as I have stuff to get done around the house but when someone is coming I stay on the main floor so I can hear them as sound does not travel well in our house.

Let's hope for a better day today
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I replied to an item. Baby monitor. No response. Item is now posted with a higher price. Your item, your call. but...the karma fairy will get your greed.
    macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I have to consider myself lucky as I have not had no shows but maybe because I live in a smaller town and I post on local FB groups.
    SassyAshley likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Ugh the people on Kijiji are really starting to grate on my nerves. Out of the last 20 back and forth inquiries only 2 have resulted in actual sales. I mean I get that not every inquiry will result in a sale but once we get to the point of setting up a time to meet just hold up your end of the deal people, I mean come on its not that hard! I've heard soooo many excuses about why now suddenly less than 24 hours later you can't meet at the agreed upon time its stupid. Do people not know how to plan anymore??? Oh and if I wanted only 1/2 of my asking price I would have posted that as the price you ninny and when you message me with one word to say you are "interested" what do you want me to do about that? Chase you around like a little puppy saying "oh please oh please buy my item! Where and when can I get it to you?!" Either you want to buy it or you don't. Pick one. And hey, how about if you DO decide you want it, THEN message me because until then - I DON'T CARE!

It's like spring has brought out more idiots than usual...

Alright rant over, I feel better now. Thank you for listening.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

hey i've been looking for baby monitor on kijiji too and people are asking ridiculous prices for these. So i found a nice wifi one on amazon.ca - they have many model and i decided on this one. Will use it in the baby room then eventually to watch the fur babies LOL. I'm gonna redeem some swagbucks for amazon egift cards to buy this.
    https://www.amazon.ca/JOOAN-Wireless...5ZPYXBW2SP3A8S

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I replied to an item. Baby monitor. No response. Item is now posted with a higher price. Your item, your call. but...the karma fairy will get your greed.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i understand that people want good deals but when they keep asking you to lower the price it gets real annoying. the person wanted to pay 1/2 of the listed price because they have to drive from the south end of town to the north end of town where i live. uh i don't think that's my problem that you have a long drive, you are free to look elsewhere. and they know the price is already very low compare to other sellers. i'm motivated to sell but not desperate!!!
    coupongirl99 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information