User Tag List

Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    I love buying on kijiji, have a distaste for selling, it almost never works out for me! If I do, it's meet at a neutral place, no phone number (only cell), no holds/refunds, etc. I sold my mom's packnplay from her house for $5. I DROPPED it off to her parents, and she called me back, threatening to sue, hunt me down, etc, for the death trap, I'm a thief, etc, etc, etc. It was bad enough, I blocked the number and called the non-emergency police number to see what they could do (nothing, unless it continued or hey showed up at my house) because they kept calling for a week. I mailed the $5 back, and informed them the police had been contacted, I received an F-off email, and then nothing....

So, I don't usually sell on kijiji anymore, unless it's an item I don't want to donate because it still has some worth to sell, and if I do, only with the stipulations above. People are CRAZY! But, I always find great deals, agree on a price and time, and SHOW up then! Tons of stuff that way.
    That's nuts! Was the Pack-n-play not what she was expecting or what? All that threatening over $5? Geez, I hate to be the one selling an $100 item to her.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    I love buying on kijiji, have a distaste for selling, it almost never works out for me! If I do, it's meet at a neutral place, no phone number (only cell), no holds/refunds, etc. I sold my mom's packnplay from her house for $5. I DROPPED it off to her parents, and she called me back, threatening to sue, hunt me down, etc, for the death trap, I'm a thief, etc, etc, etc. It was bad enough, I blocked the number and called the non-emergency police number to see what they could do (nothing, unless it continued or hey showed up at my house) because they kept calling for a week. I mailed the $5 back, and informed them the police had been contacted, I received an F-off email, and then nothing....

So, I don't usually sell on kijiji anymore, unless it's an item I don't want to donate because it still has some worth to sell, and if I do, only with the stipulations above. People are CRAZY! But, I always find great deals, agree on a price and time, and SHOW up then! Tons of stuff that way.
    Holly cow! death threats from a $5 sale...I am speechless over this.

I think I will quit once I sold some items that I already spent time listed...can't deal with the stress.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Grrrrrrrr what is up with people not responding back?? If you don't want to sell your stuff, then pull down the bloody ad!!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have a love hate with kijiji -I always respond back -lowballers drive me nuts -listed a nice 3/4 spring coat (my daughter's for 5.00) then knocked the price down to 4.00 had someone message me for 2.00-then I had the man who bought my moms walker go to give us 10.00 cause we delivered it -he was older (85) didn't want to take it -but him offering was kind-I think I will pull ads come fall -it does get to you somedays the stress

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Probably. I thought I described it pretty well. It was older, etc. However, it was for $5. Not sure what she expected for $5. It worked and was clean. Oh well. THat being said, the last few times I did sell, with meeting people at a Timmie's, etc, didn't go badly. I just find it's a hassle often with low ballers, no shows, sob stories innudating your email. Sometimes it is hard to sort through it and find serious people. But, it has gone better the last few times.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have not yet encounter a no show, but if it ever happen I'd be really upset.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well had a lovely lady /her baby and hubby come today -sold 22.00 worth of clothing-we talked about thrift stores /saving money -really nice couple from answering kijiji-they even told me about a second hand baby store in my city-might check it out
    happy_me24, seylz_gurl and Decaf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Made arrangements with a woman to buy something and was all set to go there in the evening and pick it up. She emailed me and said, oh someone else came by and wanted it so I sold it to him. GrRRRR!

I just sold my bread machine for $40, which was awesome! Just put our bike carrier up. Let's see if we get takers on that.
    coupon girl, seylz_gurl and Decaf like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have textbooks listed on there and a girl in London Ont. asked if I would ship it since it's one she needs...Okay sure no problem if she pays me first. She agrees and asks if I will include shipping in the price of the textbook. Okay I don't care since it's an older textbook and I just want them gone and shipping is only going to be around $8-9 since it's a softcover text. Well I wake up and find she has only sent half the money with a note she will send the rest when she receives the textbook. I don't think so. I emailed her and asked if she expects to buy merchandise online and only pay half until she receives it in the mail. I refused payment and told her if she sends the full amount I will gladly ship it out and give her the tracking number, but that I expect the funds in full before taking the textbook to the post office. I smell a scam.
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Tue, Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
    happy_me24 likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Lot of scams on Kijiji and dangerous people.

I really feel sorry for Hamilton ( ON ) man Tim Bosma and his family, he was trying to sell his car online and was killed by the buyer's . Can't even imagine what his family is going through.

Another guy in BC was trying to sell an engagement ring on Kijiji , he was stabbed and ring stolen by the people who came to see it.

Be careful when you sell stuff online.
    loftywater and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post

I really feel sorry for Hamilton ( ON ) man Tim Bosma and his family, he was trying to sell his car online and was killed by the buyer's . Can't even imagine what his family is going through.

Another guy in BC was trying to sell an engagement ring on Kijiji , he was stabbed and ring stolen by the people who came to see it.

This could also happen out of the blue anywhere. Kijiji itself is not dangerous.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Whenever I buy/sell, I go to a populated area, never give out my address, and always take hubby with me. There are crazy people out there, and you just never know!
    lizamarie and Candini like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I have textbooks listed on there and a girl in London Ont. asked if I would ship it since it's one she needs...Okay sure no problem if she pays me first. She agrees and asks if I will include shipping in the price of the textbook. Okay I don't care since it's an older textbook and I just want them gone and shipping is only going to be around $8-9 since it's a softcover text. Well I wake up and find she has only sent half the money with a note she will send the rest when she receives the textbook. I don't think so. I emailed her and asked if she expects to buy merchandise online and only pay half until she receives it in the mail. I refused payment and told her if she sends the full amount I will gladly ship it out and give her the tracking number, but that I expect the funds in full before taking the textbook to the post office. I smell a scam.
    I'd send her money back if I were you. Smells scammy to me too. If i were you, I'd sell books through TUSBE.com. I sold SO many textbooks through that site when I was in school. It's for all the Toronto schools. Search by title or course code.

Sell it for less than the bookstore. But of course, sell it for more than you would've gotten had you sold it TO the bookstore

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It's sad, but I think the important part is that when you do these exchanges, to do them in a public place with lots of people where you can call for help if something happens. I was at Second Cup the other day and some guy was selling a soda stream to a lady he met on Kijiji. Mega crowded place

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post

Decaf and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I sold my change table online and the people wanted to come see it. At my house.

Mind you, I waited until my DH was home. But still.

If I had transportation to take it, I wouldn`t have let somebody off the internet come into my house.

In all other cases, I`ve gone to Square one (Near the police station) lol and sold items there.
    Decaf and torontogal12 like this.

Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information