User Tag List

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^that is annoying. experienced that as well.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Sun, Jun 21st, 2015 at 10:56 AM.
    ROMEO, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Asked someone outright if the clothing I was purchasing was smoke free. Opened bag to smell smoke. It was a porch pick up so clothes left and no loss.

Friend bailed on a pick up this week too. Will reschedule, but I always amazed at the "I forgots." Especially when it is a friend and I say don't pay me just take it off my hands. Sometimes dealing with strangers is easier!
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Finally had a decent person.

Transaction all done in two days. Guy came to pick it up.

Not everyone's a jerk!
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 5 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

No issues lately with people but did have a troubling transaction. Sold a skin/wrinkle product for 25% of cost so I lost money but I wasnt using it and it would have expired any ways. It had never been opened to my knowledge....I bought it on clearance and ended up liquidating it from my overwhelming stash of beauty products which I cannot seem to resist.

I even dropped it in her mailbox as it was on my way home and it was her last day of college and knowing I was heading out of town for a week I just wanted it done. Well before I even made it home she sent me a message asking if it had been used as there was no seal on the box and the product was melted/used/leaked all inside. Last thing I needed to hear but I did not want to disappoint the buyer. I found another one when I got home and noticed that indeed the box had no seal nor did the tube inside but mine was only partially leaking. I actually went to SDM and asked the lady in the cosmetics dept if she had experience with the brand and she said it was not unusual for higher end products to not seal the box. I was dumbfounded.....but she humored me and showed me the same product and opened the box - showed me the tube was not sealed either but was not willing to take the cap off the tube which I respect. But how does this stop anyone alone the chain line from doing so?

Any how, I kept in good contact witht he buy and she has been great. I explained that I had to leave town but I had not forgotten about her and would settle up with her when I returned and she wished me a good safe trip.

Now I wonder should I guess offer her the money back, the other product that I have that has not completely leaked all over or and pick of alternate products in my stash? Or offer her all these options an then her pick?
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

VW girl I would offer her the choice, but since you drove it out to her, she should come to you this time. Be kind, but you are not WM customer service.
    ROMEO, Ciel, GoJays and 5 others like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My encounters with some choice people on Kijiji is making me sad for the future of humanity. They don't have basic life skills, like literacy or courtesy. How do they live their lives without falling into manholes?
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 4 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have not had any recent experiences but my roommate has. He has been going back and forth with this kid for days about a Nerf gun. Kid offers $20 less than price posted and tells him he can buy one at Target for $30. So go buy it new then!! Oh wait? You can't cuz your mom wont drive you across the line to go shopping?? Is that why you continue to harass him through email? LOL
    ROMEO, macw1960, DaveP and 2 others like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

One guy emailed me at 4:30 and said he was available until 5 p.m.

I didn't see his email in that half hour window.

Emailed him when I got home and he said sorry, he needed the item in the morning.

Why bother messaging?
    ROMEO, macw1960, DaveP and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

^I have a colleague who says, "did you read my email?" ...5 min after she sends it. Ummmmm no....
    -Hermione Granger

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hate is such a strong word. However, there are a lot of scammers on kijiji, and one really needs to be careful when dealing on there. Never carry out a transaction at your home, get them to meet you are Timmies or elsewhere in public.

In your ad, put in enough info with pictures to remove guessing game.
    macw1960, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

people are so rude

One woman makes me explain every darn detail for days, then tells me she wants the item for $10 because meeting up with me isn't worth her time

Yet all the time I wasted answering her questions is worthless.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My latest was "I feel like such a jerk, I left you $4.65 instead of $5 bc that's all I had." I said don't worry about it...my inside thought was if you feel like a jerk... 😉

I gave her a bunch a free items with her purchase (maternity pants) bc I wasn't charging for pants that were given to me (not bought). I usually leave a goodwill offering in these cases, like a toonie. Not that I expect that in return, but don't short change me on the item you actually bought.

I do porch pick ups so it is a risk I take.
    -Hermione Granger

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It beats carigslist lol

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I used to have a lot of luck selling on kijiji but recently I have been doing my best to be careful what I post and say to potential buyers. I hate those ppl that go back and forth with you just to get your address and then never show up or respond, so basically they just want to know where you live for some reason. I hate that, but I also dont want to be left standing around at timmys for nothing either.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I don't sell on Kijijii but on my local Facebook Buy & Sell page. Most of my buyers have been really good.

For those that have no shows...have you ever thought about sending a reminder note that they have a pick up today. I do that as I realize that people's lives can be hectic and it seems to work for me.
    vw_girl, dededi and Davetherave like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information