User Tag List

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I've sold close to 12k on Kijiji (((but))) not for myself. I was personally raising money for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation by selling donated items online and then donating 100% of the proceeds to ORCF. I would post both on Kijiji and Usedottawa.com.

In fact the owner of Usedottawa.com (who lives out in Vancouver) loved what I did so much, he sent me an email and than gave me a huge block ad for free on their homepage which retails for 2k a month linking it directly to my shop!

I made two points very clear in all of my ads and never had a problem. I also put it in bold at the end of all of each of my ads.
    CASH AND PICKUP ONLY!!!

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Just an add on note: I live alone and at first this really scared me but it doesn't anymore. I came up with a great routine when the door bell rang for a pick up.

I always had the item ready at the door for a quick exchange with money in hand. If it was a female that I could trust, I would let her in. If it was a man they had to stay outside always and as soon as I opened the door I would usually turn my head and yell out something like "Supper is going to be ready in 10 minutes" or "I will be right there Honey, hold on".

Without the buyer seeing or knowing who's inside you can bet your bottom dollar they won't try something funky. It worked like a charm every-time!!! Plus cash is WAY better than any other method known to mankind. Sorry Revenue Canada...

The only man I let into my house was a priest who bought my own personal cassette Walkman for 5.00 but then gave me 20.00 for it!!! lol

Just wanted to share these tricks to lighten the load and make things a wee bit easier for all of you. Have fun selling!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya I always meet them in store the parking lot next door. The only time I let anyone actually in my place when I was selling a dirty old couch lol. I was going to junk it, but I thought what the heck I'll try kijiji and got over $100 for it and a matching chair.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Why is it so hard to give away stuff on Kijiji? It's free, for crying out loud.
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I refuse to post items for free because of the hassle. If I want it gone and willing to give it away for free I donate it. I refuse to waste my own time which I value to deal with people wasting my time or outrageous requests. Too many no shows or people wanting these items delivered, I find it hard enough some days dealing with people who are paying for items.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenkagi View Post

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Right now we are trying to rehome our guinea pigs. Not sure how else to go about it because the local rescue does not take owner surrenders.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I refuse to post items for free because of the hassle. If I want it gone and willing to give it away for free I donate it. I refuse to waste my own time which I value to deal with people wasting my time or outrageous requests. Too many no shows or people wanting these items delivered, I find it hard enough some days dealing with people who are paying for items.
    SassyAshley, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

"Can you send me a better picture?"

Well there's eight pictures already on there, and they're in sunlight, and show the item on a table from 4 different angles, and also show what the item looks like worn, and on the inside.

So what would be a "better" picture exactly?

Just a troll I bet
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

People are stupid, they think Free means garbage, even if what you are giving is in a very good condition.

trust me you will have better luck selling it for a nominal amount than giving it for free. Plus the crowd who is going to show up or not show up, are going to be much better and they are going to value your time and stuff more, than the free loaders, who think they are doing you a favour , by taking something Free from you.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    People are stupid, they think Free means garbage, even if what you are giving is in a very good condition.

trust me you will have better luck selling it for a nominal amount than giving it for free. Plus the crowd who is going to show up or not show up, are going to be much better and they are going to value your time and stuff more, than the free loaders, who think they are doing you a favour , by taking something Free from you.
    Thanks, perhaps that's what I'll do next time. Would it be in bad taste to take down my free ad and repost it asking for a small amount?
    luvthefree, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks, perhaps that's what I'll do next time. Would it be in bad taste to take down my free ad and repost it asking for a small amount?
    There are so many ads that nobody would notice. Also, who cares if it's in bad taste if it saves you a ton of time and headache?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    There are so many ads that nobody would notice. Also, who cares if it's in bad taste if it saves you a ton of time and headache?
    Thanks for the advice torontogal!
    torontogal12 and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I love these types:

"OMG! I just saw your ad for ________! I really REALLY love it! I want it so much! I can hardly wait! When can I come pick it up?"

You converse with the person, arrange a time (for like the next day) and then they don't show up.
    You message them and then they are like "Oh. I forgot."

Guess you didn't really REALLY want it then huh? LOL.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Kijiji can ***k right off. I'm never going to sell there again. Headache after headache....this site was the reason why Tylenol sales were doing so well.

Recently, I joined a local buy/sale group on FB and have had an amazing experience on there! Last night, I put up a couple things for sale. Within 2 minutes, had two people interested in buying. Sold to both of them today...$30 in my pocket. Kerching!! Putting up a couple more things up for sale. Already got one buyer coming on Saturday.

What an excellent way to declutter the house and make some extra $$$.
    torontogal12 and toronto166 like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    Kijiji can ***k right off. I'm never going to sell there again. Headache after headache....this site was the reason why Tylenol sales were doing so well.

Recently, I joined a local buy/sale group on FB and have had an amazing experience on there! Last night, I put up a couple things for sale. Within 2 minutes, had two people interested in buying. Sold to both of them today...$30 in my pocket. Kerching!! Putting up a couple more things up for sale. Already got one buyer coming on Saturday.

What an excellent way to declutter the house and make some extra $$$.
    I try to stick to Facebook as well.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Kijiji is probably way more dangerous than FB.

It's hard to fake on FB especially if they have friends , whose list is public so you can see that on FB and have a profile photo , work info, City info etc. Of course you can fake all that too, but generally a bit harder than Kijiji.

when someone contacts me on Kijiji I usually try to find them on FB, LinkedIn, etc anyways to make sure, I at least know , who I dealing with. Or try to search for their phone number etc online and see their past ads etc.

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information