User Tag List

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Money I've made on local buy/sell group on FB in the past week? $168

Money I made on Kijiji trying to sell those SAME items for years? $0

Yeah, guess which site can go and do one!!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

couldnt agree more

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Someone I know has a friend who was just robbed today on Kijiji. The person was selling a piece of jewelry (very expensive I might add) so the buyer went to the Seller's place, and handed the seller an envelope. The seller handed the buyer the jewelry and before the seller could look into the envelop just to make sure all the money was there, the buyer ran out of the seller's house with the piece of jewelry.

The envelope had torn up pieces of paper in it!!!!! It was too late for the seller to do anything about it, as the crook took off as fast as possible!

Please, everyone, be very very careful on Kijiji! TRUST NO ONE!!!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    Someone I know has a friend who was just robbed today on Kijiji. The person was selling a piece of jewelry (very expensive I might add) so the buyer went to the Seller's place, and handed the seller an envelope. The seller handed the buyer the jewelry and before the seller could look into the envelop just to make sure all the money was there, the buyer ran out of the seller's house with the piece of jewelry.

The envelope had torn up pieces of paper in it!!!!! It was too late for the seller to do anything about it, as the crook took off as fast as possible!

thats awful! she was lucky she wasnt assaulted. i will never let a stranger in my home, its just not worth it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post

For me, RULE NO. 1 has always been to never meet at my home. I always meet a potential buyer at a convenient location where a lot of people are located i.e. Tim Horton's, etc. So Scary..hope she's ok.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

What is up with people now wanting to trade items. I am trying to get rid of stuff and make room in my house, I do not need more stuff.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why, oh why do I bother trying to sell on Kijiji????????????

It is beyond frustrating at times, yet when you do sell it is great!!!!!!!

Oh, bitter sweet it is!!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^uggh sorry about your acquaintance's experience. ^^re: trading items, someone offered to trade a dog for an item I posted lol.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Tue, Mar 22nd, 2016 at 01:22 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had one person offer me 10 of their items for 1 of mine, issue being all their items are were baby items, I am single no kids.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do the same -- it's REALLY not worth the trouble of dealing with rude-asses when someone out there can benefit from a *donated* item. At the very least, I don't have to TALK to that person > lol

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    Sorry you had to deal with that! If your selling something don't take it off the site until it has been sold. Don't let that lady get to you. I am sure u will find a new owner soon.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

looooooooooool, CASH doesn't even leave a paper trail!

Quote Originally Posted by smurf8488 View Post
    i have baught and sold on kijiji alot over the last couple years used it to get the money i needed to move into a new apartment but the weirdest request i had i was selling a few peices of langerie that came in a grab bag i baught isted for $20.. i had a guy ask me if he could pay me in ravioli intead of cash as he didnt want to leave a paper trail for his wife to find out he was getting it for his mistress... i laughed told hm cash only and he actually kept trying to convince me oh but it equals to $20 still i can do 20 cans...needless to say i sold elsewhere but it was a good laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

had someone ask me to leave an item outside for easier pickup.
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I get this all the time, they do not seem to want to the face to face contact so just ask you to leave on the porch. I do for some items others nope you want you knock.

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    had someone ask me to leave an item outside for easier pickup.
    toronto166, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I get this all the time, they do not seem to want to the face to face contact so just ask you to leave on the porch. I do for some items others nope you want you knock.
    I do this for items under $20. It works well. I was only short changed once, by 50 cents. I believe in karma.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Every year that I post an ad for our garage sale, we get stupid people. It's inescapable. I can't ever recall actually RESPONDING to a yard sale kijiji ad personally, but I don't knock people who do, that's fine. I've listed a lot of stuff we have so as to pique the interest of people and add keywords to my ad, so I expect people inquiring. But ugh, the stupid ones...

This guy messages me and his name is in all caps. Bad sign already on the stupid-meter. He asks about something I have listed as a thing we will be selling. It's a huge lot of winemaking stuff that is basically everything you need to start. I expected to sell everything together, but am not opposed to separating things. He wants to know the price and some information about two of the things. These things retail for approximately $350 each, for reference.

I respond with the information, including the retail price of the items, and ask him what a ballpark price he'd be willing to pay is, as they are my parents' items and we planned to sell everything together so I don't have a price right now for just those, but I said I would present them with his offer to see if they're interested. I think that's fair. Why should I immediately cut this guy a deal when he's taking the biggest draws of the 'package' deal, which we'd already price at about 35% of retail cost. We may not even be able to sell the rest of the stuff without these things. The person buying the lot gets the best deal (I didn't say any of that, I just said make an offer and I'll bounce it off my parents).

So I get no response. I get another email from "Kijiji User" (not the name he previously used) that says "What are the asking prices of those items". I reply back asking which items, and he tells me, and says we 'texted' about it earlier, as if I'm stupid. Sorry you clearly don't understand computers because there is no way I'd realize you were the same person considering you used a new name and didn't respond to the previous email at all... I reiterate the information (he has added in now asking about a third item he did not ask about before, also worth about $375-400) I previously sent him, and say again that if he would like to make an offer he thinks is fair based on the retail price of the items as a reference, I will take that to my parents and discuss with them in the morning, as we had not intended to sell these items separately.

I wasn't unclear at all the first time. I don't know how these people who are clearly unable to read manage in everyday life.

I feel like he's not going to be the only dolt I get in the 5 days leading up to this garage sale...
    macw1960, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information