User Tag List

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    just creepy. i never use it. recipe for getting murdered or robbed. (if you are lucky)
    Actually it is quite safe if it is during the day. I have sold several items and never felt threatened or scared. Just need to use common sense.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I used to work with a lady like that. She sends messages at 11:30 p.m. and if it's not done by 7:30 a.m. she complains to your supervisor.

Am I allowed to sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Why do people think just because you are trying to sell something you sit on your computer 24/7. Receive a message at like 11 pm Saturday night, respond when I get up at 6 am, response back oh when you didn't answer I figured you weren't interested in selling the item anymore.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sorry is this a troll response? There's lots of people here who use it in a safe way and thousands of people have used classified ads since newspapers were invented.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    just creepy. i never use it. recipe for getting murdered or robbed. (if you are lucky)
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Was she giving you the name of the condo building? In our case, it is easier to find the condo building by name in the GPS than to find it by the exact address. The exact address will send you on a 10 minute driving loop. Maybe she was trying to be very clear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    last night
    me: "i can pick up tomorrow around noon"
    seller: "can you come earlier than 1pm?"
    me: "noon is earlier than 1pm, unless you have another time in mind"
    seller: "oh ok, text me tomorrow and i'll give you my address"
    me: "ok"
    this morning
    me: "i'm ready to go, what's your address?"
    seller: "google ___ condo. Here's a new phone # you can call when you get there because blah blah"
    me started to google then realized wtf if she/he doesn't want to give the exact address why do i have to and i was willing to pay the FULL asking price too.
    me: "sorry you don't know your address then I don't want your item anymore."
    seller: "i live in a condo ___... ok i don't care lol"

grrrr
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd tend to agree. I havent had any issues when I go to meet someone I met on kijiji.

Granted, I dont arrange to meet folks down a dark alley behind a dumpster, either.
    I also don't invite them to my home. I meet them in a neutral location... a coffee shop, or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Sorry is this a troll response? There's lots of people here who use it in a safe way and thousands of people have used classified ads since newspapers were invented.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

A friend of mine sold his used car online on Kijiji. It was As is basis, and sold at a considreable discount. Everything regarding the car was told upfront and nothing was hidden. The truth and facts were given. It might or might not work after you buy it. If you want take the risk , take it or leave it. As of today its working well, tomorrow it might not. It was certified and emission tested too, withou issues.

Final sale, no warranties were given. This is the car, if you want to buy it, buy it. You don't want to buy it, don't buy it. Check the car thoroughly, take it for a test drive, ask your mechanic to check it. As is basis.

the people bought the car. For a month it worked fine, they used it for a month. After a month, when it stopped working, they wanted their entire money back ! They came with base ball bats to threaten my friend, if he didn't repay them back ! My friend got scared and paid them back.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    A friend of mine sold his used car online on Kijiji. It was As is basis, and sold at a considreable discount. Everything regarding the car was told upfront and nothing was hidden. The truth and facts were given. It might or might not work after you buy it. If you want take the risk , take it or leave it. As of today its working well, tomorrow it might not. It was certified and emission tested too, withou issues.

Final sale, no warranties were given. This is the car, if you want to buy it, buy it. You don't want to buy it, don't buy it. Check the car thoroughly, take it for a test drive, ask your mechanic to check it. As is basis.

the people bought the car. For a month it worked fine, they used it for a month. After a month, when it stopped working, they wanted their entire money back ! They came with base ball bats to threaten my friend, if he didn't repay them back ! My friend got scared and paid them back.
    I would have called the police. A sale is a sale with no warranty. Hopefully your friend got the car back but who knows what they did to the car for a month. I have never had any problems selling cars - sold 2 of them for cash and never heard anything back.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, a police report should have been filed. But then, it would have depended on friend having some option of getting those past buyers to wait or hold off while he had a chance to contact police.

The buyers were not DIY car repair people, who understand "as is" and how much work they'd be willing to do to keep car going or not. Scary situation your friend had, @tjthemanto !
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2016 at 04:15 PM.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I would have called the police. A sale is a sale with no warranty. Hopefully your friend got the car back but who knows what they did to the car for a month. I have never had any problems selling cars - sold 2 of them for cash and never heard anything back.
    Lot of times, police they don't care. They just say its a civil dispute and not a criminal matter. Its for the civil courts and a private sale. Unless an actual crime is committed they won't get involved.

Lot of he said and she said happens, if they just verbally threaten you. Unless you have lot of evidence, not much you can do and the police don't care. Plus lot of psychos out there, not worth putting your safety and your family's safety at risk, especially if they know, where you live ! They can vandalise your property or even worse, you never know, with these fools. No fear of the law, just thugs.
    barbis9, Ciel and bobpj like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've given up relying on email as the sole communication when I buy/sell something on Kijiji. I now always ask for a phone number and call them. If they don't bother showing up at the agreed date/time, I call them back 2-3 times. If still no response, I sign them up for telemarketing lists.
    barbis9, Ciel, salady and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I've given up relying on email as the sole communication when I buy/sell something on Kijiji. I now always ask for a phone number and call them. If they don't bother showing up at the agreed date/time, I call them back 2-3 times. If still no response, I sign them up for telemarketing lists.
    The worst is when they give you their telephone number and never answer their phone. No wonder ebay.ca is so popular.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    The worst is when they give you their telephone number and never answer their phone. No wonder ebay.ca is so popular.
    Ironically, kijiji is an ebay owned site.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What a scammer, I just messaged someone about buying their item and they are demanding I pay $20 more than the listing. Are you stupid?
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Haha now several days later, and after I said no several times, they're trying to get me to buy it at the price that was on the listing in the first place. I'm not going out of my way to another part of the city to buy it from you ,when you could've been honest and honoured your sale when I was in the neighbourhood already. That's what happens when you're greedy, you get stuck with stuff instead of the cash you wanted. In the end, I ended up buying it in a store

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    What a scammer, I just messaged someone about buying their item and they are demanding I pay $20 more than the listing. Are you stupid?

Also, I am selling a laptop case on and someone responded to me asking if it's for men or women? It's for your computer... Wasn't sure how to answer that one
    Purdee and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I'm getting so sick of sellers not replying or answering their phones. I'm trying to find a place to move.

An ad was put up for a newer building, decent rent and looked amazing. Called three times, no answer and left 2 messages of the 3 calls. Never heard back. And this is a rental company by the way, not a personal rental.

A week later the ad was bumped. I called 2 more times, no answer, left one message. Never heard back.

GAH! *rips hair out* Am I suppose to call every 20 mins until someone answers?

A different ad posted last night, no number so I sent an email with the typical questions, address/utilities/pets and haven't heard back yet.

I don't remember kijiji being this much of a pain in the ass last time I moved a few years ago, at least people would answer their phones and emails.
    ROMEO, barbis9 and bobpj like this.

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information