User Tag List

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    So I found a great TV stand on kijiji, awesome price, we arranged for a possible pick up date, exchanged phone numbers, I made arrangements to borrow a truck and than nothing. No answers back to my message, text, etc. yet the item is still posted on kijiji....really????? I asked in the text to let me know either way - nothing. What is wrong with people?
    That is the way jiji is. Even when arrangements are made things can still go wrong. Really frustrating at times!

In my books the deal is not said and done until I am driving away with the money if selling, or driving away with the item when buying. Than the deal is done.
    Last edited by maggiespice; Sat, Feb 18th, 2017 at 11:05 PM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    So I found a great TV stand on kijiji, awesome price, we arranged for a possible pick up date, exchanged phone numbers, I made arrangements to borrow a truck and than nothing. No answers back to my message, text, etc. yet the item is still posted on kijiji....really????? I asked in the text to let me know either way - nothing. What is wrong with people?
    Just totally ignorant people. I will not do any dealings there ever again.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Vote for Dave, Dave is the rave. He is a boy honest and fine Davey can turn all your water to wine, got that certain something every one should have gettin round to diggin yourself.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a lady send me a message saying she was the first one to post on my ad (on FB mom swap) so she would like to pick up the item etc. I told her when I was available. I could see she read it. She said that day didn't work and I said Sunday or Monday was fine. Of course I never heard back. But had a lady lined up to buy all 3 items in the group and she picked up as planned. So the original one will be ignored for future requests
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have made $535.00 in the past 5 days on jiji. I am really surprised my how well some of my stuff is selling. Others items, not so much.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Good for you!!! I find it is hit and miss. Sometimes it will go like gangbusters and then other times everything just sits. It's weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I have made $535.00 in the past 5 days on jiji. I am really surprised my how well some of my stuff is selling. Others items, not so much.
    barbis9, Ciel, maggiespice and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Okay when I have items like lets says a large # books from a series listed in an ad and I get a message asking if I'm open to offers on the entire lot and I say sure I'm open to REASONABLE offers and they come back with half of what I'm asking, that to me is NOT a reasonable offer. Ugh.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That's really good news. What are you selling and how did you post it to do so well? I've had people say nasty things to me when I try to sell big ticket items
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    That's really good news. What are you selling and how did you post it to do so well? I've had people say nasty things to me when I try to sell big ticket items
    Really, I am as surprised as you are. I was selling was a piece of jewelry. I honestly thought it would take weeks and weeks to sell, but to my shock someone offered close to my asking price, and I wiggled a little more and then the deal was done the same day.

I was very detailed in my description of the item. But most importantly you have to have professional quality photos when selling a big ticket item, as the buyer only the photos to go by. If the pics are not the best you are devaluing your item. Period. This is one thing that I learned very quickly.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found a really strange ad on ijji the other day... But this young college Lady was offering whom ever $50 to find her a part time job.... Sorry just had to share....
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have to bring up a matter is happening recently in my area. There have been a number of people trying to sell their costume jewelry as real gold. The ones getting scammed warning the rest of the community so they can be on alert which I think is the responsible thing to do.

This shows that if you just take the sellers word that what you are buying is real gold then you are taking your chances!!!
    I thought it was generally known to look for the K number on gold jewellery (earring posts, necklace clasps) as a confirmation it does contain gold. So some buyers don't know what karats are? Some gold jewellery buyers want 14K or higher to consider jewellery as being gold. There are lower K values.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I thought it was generally known to look for the K number on gold jewellery (earring posts, necklace clasps) as a confirmation it does contain gold. So some buyers don't know what karats are? Some gold jewellery buyers want 14K or higher to consider jewelry as being gold. There are lower K values.
    Yes, the hallmark is supposed to tell you if it is 8,9,10,12,14,18K, etc. gold or not. But what is happening is there is fake hallmarks on jewelry that have been floating around in my area and people are passing the jewelry off as the real thing.
    What is particularly is problematic is the fake hallmarked 14K and 18K gold necklaces and bracelets.

Actually, just the other day someone had posted a chain that was hallmarked 18K. I emailed the person and told them I was interested and and asked if they would be willing to get it tested at a gold buying place. NEVER HEARD A PEEP FROM THEM!!!! But I knew already it was fake. I can spot a fake very easily in photos.
    barbis9, Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    I found a really strange ad on ijji the other day... But this young college Lady was offering whom ever $50 to find her a part time job.... Sorry just had to share....
    And mass email flooding by creepers in 3..2...1..
    That's definitely eye brow raising to think that a college student is throwing money around with the hopes it will get her what she wants. Whatever happened to networking? Submitting your resume to places/people? Not sure I'd want to hire someone who would slip me a bill to work...somehow doesn't ring as an industrious individual.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    And mass email flooding by creepers in 3..2...1..
    That's definitely eye brow raising to think that a college student is throwing money around with the hopes it will get her what she wants. Whatever happened to networking? Submitting your resume to places/people? Not sure I'd want to hire someone who would slip me a bill to work...somehow doesn't ring as an industrious individual.
    Could this Ad mean that she can't find a job no matter hard she is trying-and has to resort to offering someone money help find her a job?

Honestly though, that would not surprise me. I know people who have been out of work for 2 years and simply cannot find a job.
    barbis9, Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I find that hard to believe....if a college student can't find an entry level job, there is a problem somewhere. Many organizations have funding to hire students, college/university student centers have job skills/training to help students find work, etc. Typical places hiring students: stores in malls, service industry (nothing wrong with working at McDonald's -- they offer scholarships too). If this student wants to work in their field, then networking is the way to go - speak to faculty, they have the connections to get you into the market you may be interested in.
    Life's a hustle, you need to get out there and do the work. That's my 2 cents on the particular ad posted on kijiji.

Could this Ad mean that she can't find a job no matter hard she is trying-and has to resort to offering someone money help find her a job?

Honestly though, that would not surprise me. I know people who have been out of work for 2 years and simply cannot find a job.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I agree, it isn't as easy as people think to find work. I can't even get hired at McDonalds because I have a college diploma. I've applied to literally hundreds of positions in my field of study, just to call and find out that they are interviewing people with 10 or more years of experience first. Then I go to minimum wage service/retail jobs and they tell me I'm too over qualified. It's a vicious cycle. I can completely understand this person's desperation.
    Last edited by GracieAnne; Fri, Mar 3rd, 2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Ciel, maggiespice, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information