User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: I hate it when people complain about everything!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I didn't know she'd moved to Canada.....

I used to have a friend who was an emotional vampire. Every good thing you had she knocked, every problem...her's were worse. In the end, I stopped being friendly even though we worked together as she was just to hard to be around.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Went on a kids' outing with a friend and her best friend, a SAHM who I've met a few times but don't know well. Well, even though none of the conversation was geared toward shopping or anything remotely luxurious, any topic discussed would come back to the things she "can't afford", finds "ridiculous" in their costs, isn't "in a position to purchase", or "never gets to do". It got so I was afraid to say too much about anything, as it would somehow make me look spoiled or ridiculous. I felt sorry for her, but even more sorry for her kids, who are probably hearing it too much.

Complaining can be used to build social connections, but some people overdo it. There are those who like to moon around and complain in order to get attention, too. I have some coworkers like that -- one always sits down in the lunchroom and lets out a big huffy sigh to the table full of coworkers who are already seated at the table and engaged in a conversation. She wants the attention to turn to her, and for people to ask her what's wrong. I generally like to ignore her as she continues to sigh -- I like to see how long it will take her to interrupt the conversation and bring up her day's complaint unasked!
    walkonby likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post

I don't personally attack anyone...i don't care enough of SC members to bother. I just comment on threads with complete honestly and be unbiased.

I was talking about my philosophy on the site...it's good to have a devils advocate once and a while who does not see things through SC coloured glasses all the time.
    I agree with some of what you are saying, especially as I can be blunt in what I post at times.

Sometimes, impartial advice from some-one who is not emotionally invested in (general) your problem/rant can show you that there is another option which you have never thought about.

I once posted on another board about a problem I was having and I got a lot of "Poor you" posts and one post which pointed out that part of the problem was of my making and I needed to fix that before the whole she-bang would be sorted out.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I didn't know she'd moved to Canada.....

I used to have a friend who was an emotional vampire. Every good thing you had she knocked, every problem...her's were worse. In the end, I stopped being friendly even though we worked together as she was just to hard to be around.
    I was going to post about the emotional/energy vampires also. They just suck the life right out of you! As for ranting, people need to do it sometimes. Otherwise, all that bottled up emotion/stress can be really ugly when it comes out. Just look at all the wacko shootings that are happening. Ranting is good for your mental health and this forum is alot cheaper than a shrink! Everyone has problems and sometimes looking at this thread can make you realize that yours maybe not as bad as you think. Someone always has it worse. So rant away my friends and stay clear of the guns, cars etc until you get it off your chest!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I was going to post about the emotional/energy vampires also. They just suck the life right out of you! As for ranting, people need to do it sometimes. Otherwise, all that bottled up emotion/stress can be really ugly when it comes out. Just look at all the wacko shootings that are happening. Ranting is good for your mental health and this forum is alot cheaper than a shrink! Everyone has problems and sometimes looking at this thread can make you realize that yours maybe not as bad as you think. Someone always has it worse. So rant away my friends and stay clear of the guns, cars etc until you get it off your chest!!
    Well Said.
    walkonby, Judyhill and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

i work with a women who does this. She has to be involved in every conversation which she ends up making all about her. She also likes to spread rumors around about people and then try's to get them into trouble. One time she was confronted about this (by a supervisor) , and she said she can't be held responsible b/c her father had cancer. (He HAD cancer he's been a survivor for years) It's amazing the amount of problems/complaints she comes up with. I try to ignore her at work, but if you sit at another table, she comes over and start's complaining about why you didn't sit with her. She truly is an emotional vampire.
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Didn't realize you owned the website and remind members of rules and regulations!!! You need to look again at the rules before you mock me with "Hugs to you".

I don't personally attack anyone...i don't care enough of SC members to bother. I just comment on threads with complete honestly and be unbiased.

I was talking about my philosophy on the site...it's good to have a devils advocate once and a while who does not see things through SC coloured glasses all the time.
    That kind of attitude is not appreciated. Rudeness is not tolerated wether you feel that we need it or not.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

...You do realize that any type of forum needs it's controversial posters. Otherwise, it can become stale and repetitive. You're welcome!!!
    Actually, we don't need or tolerate rudeness. I have an inbox full of reports on your posts today and I'd like you to please stop. I think you used the wrong word, instead of controversial it should say drama.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Actually, we don't need or tolerate rudeness. I have an inbox full of reports on your posts today and I'd like you to please stop. I think you used the wrong word, instead of controversial it should say drama.
    Glad I am not the only one that put a report in...Thanks Sally
    GoJays, jessep13, alicia and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Amen, Sally!!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Glad I am not the only one that put a report in...Thanks Sally
    I would have posted to Sally too if I had known how. As it was, my jaw dropped and was speechless for a while( & that's saying something!)
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thx Sally

IMO, controversial posters are often just trolls.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have a ex bf and everything that has ever happened to him in his life is always somebody else's fault. Like when we moved out together, ( i was 18) , so now hes saying if his parents hadnt told him to move out, and i hadnt insisted we would have stayed together. And if his father-in-law had given him a job when he needed one, he wouldnt have been evicted. Whereas im thinking, why didnt you get a different job? His anger at blaming everybosy but himself is soo toxic! I couldnt beleive it. Even if I am having a horribly day and nothing seems to be going right, at the end of the day, theres always a positive moment.

I always try to find the positive things in everything i do/ or that happens to me. There is no point in dwelling in the negative, and when you dwell on the negative, it eats at you. And eventually nobody wants to be around you.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Good post Jessep13. I think everyone has 'difficult' or 'stressful' things happen to them every day...but not all of us feel the need to share the drama everywhere or blame the cat, dog, neighbour, spouse, etc... While we're all entitled to the occasional complaint, rant, or whatever we want to call it, if we partake in it too often people do stop wanting to be around us. (In fact, I daresay we probably don't even want to be around ourselves at a certain point!) I heard a great motivational speaker a few months ago who talked about the fact that some people focus on the 10% that goes wrong instead of on the 90% that goes right in our day to day lives....and how we all choose whether we want to be 90%'ers or 10%'ers. She gave out little magnifying glasses at the end of her speech with a little tag that reads "focus on the 90%". It's a great reminder that I keep on my desk at work.
    Last edited by DianneS; Fri, Jul 20th, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jayne_a View Post
    i work with a women who does this. She has to be involved in every conversation which she ends up making all about her. She also likes to spread rumors around about people and then try's to get them into trouble. One time she was confronted about this (by a supervisor) , and she said she can't be held responsible b/c her father had cancer. (He HAD cancer he's been a survivor for years) It's amazing the amount of problems/complaints she comes up with. I try to ignore her at work, but if you sit at another table, she comes over and start's complaining about why you didn't sit with her. She truly is an emotional vampire.
    This is freaky.
    You are in Sask. and I am on ON. I know this woman. I work with her!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information