User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By CrazyQT

Thread: OH CANADA! Zellers - love 'em or hate 'em. Today I LOVE 'em!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

In true Olympic spirit, Hubby and I ventured out to see what deals we could score at Zellers. We were specifically looking for the 50% off men's shorts deal but didn't find any that were very appealing.

I, on the other hand, scored big! I have always been a huge supporter of our Canadian athletes and over the years have purchased a lot of Olympic apparel. Today was no exception.

I spotted a white hoodie with CANADA across the chest. I have been looking for a long time for one in my size (L). They seem to be the first to go. I spotted one and tried it on. Perfect. The tag said $50.00 with 20%pct off. I was willing to pay $40 for it because I knew if I waited for it to be further discounted I'd lose out. It would not be there the next time I went for sure.

We finish shopping and get up to the counter and it doesn't have a UPC tag. Frig me. Always happens. I know there were 2 on the rack because the other one had a small stain on it and I wasn't about to buy it with a stain on it. So the clerk calls for a UPC. She enters the UPC and it comes up $60.00 on sale for $42.00. NOPE it wasn't $60.00 it was $50. She says well you can go back and get the other one and bring it up for me if you want. Hubby says he will run and grab it. I'm too slow. ha ha.

He comes back up to the counter with the hoodie that has the UPC tag attached. The lady inspects the jackets to make sure they are the exact same and when she deems them identical she scans the UPC. I looked at the cash register $14.99 discounted to $10.47!!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

The cashier tried to tell me it was the wrong UPC. I don't think so, it's attached to the hoodie. The bar code matches the barcode on the computer and the tag on the hoodie said $50.00! She says "I'll have to call for a correction. I have to void this." I said "the only thing you have to void is the first one you entered as $60.00" She tried to argue with me that I shouldn't be getting it for $10.47 and I politely pointed out that that is what the bar code rang up as that is what I'm paying. In the end she eventually said "oK" like she was doing me a favour.

I was super happy about this. I have had some pretty good luck this year so far! Keep it comin'!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Sun, Jul 22nd, 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

AWESOME!! There great hoodies too!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Awesome brag! Enjoy your new hoodie.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Coupon Guru in Training couponer2's Avatar
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)

NiceBrag, way to stick to your guns!!!!!Wear it PROUDLY
    Last edited by couponer2; Sun, Jul 22nd, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
    CHECK OUT MY TRADE/WISH LINK

Couponer2's Trade and Wish List*

CLICK ABOVE​* LINE*FOR DIRECT ACCESS TO MY TRADE LIST

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

You are right OP.
    The hoodies are last year's not this year's and they are probably bringing in some new stock or, since the stores are closing, trying to get rid of old stock.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great brag! The cashier was probably just jealous of your deal.

Thread Information