User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: French text...People of qc or bilingual people what do you thing about this garden

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Couldn't able to read French, but the garden work is good.
    2010ontest likes this.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twinpeaksinfo View Post
    Couldn't able to read French, but the garden work is good.
    This is probably not the best, but Michel and Josée's blog (le potagerurbain) have the google tool "to translate' in the language you want. This is on the right upper corner

http://www.lepotagerurbain.com/
    cath007 likes this.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this is soo silly, its their yard, they should be able to plant whatever they want wherever they want in their own yard. And now that they have this amazing garden that they spent almost 3 grand on , the citys saying they cant have it?! RIDICULOUS!
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Wow - Its fabulous - wish it were my garden!
    I have absolutely no probelm with it being in front of their house.
    Natalka and Shwa Girl like this.
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

They have now 14,500 persons who had signed the petition
    And they have an apointment with the city the september 1 because the deputy persons are in hollidays......Will see the devellopment but I am glad for theirs for the moment they dont have to paid a bill of offence of 100-300$ per day for now...The city want their to destroy at least tierce of their yard garden......
    It feel great to support greats causes...I am proud to do that.
    Thanks you to all the persons who sign this...it is in my city and I am proud of this genious couple
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jul 25th, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
    Natalka and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Was happy to see this on Global National tonight - hope they fight hard and win the right to keep the garden!

Video here
    http://www.globalnational.com/video/...ZIhlPw#stories
    cath007 and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Was happy to see this on Global National tonight - hope they fight hard and win the right to keep the garden!

Video here
    http://www.globalnational.com/video/...ZIhlPw#stories
    Yes.Medias have interrest to their story and it is a good visibility for them to talk about that not just in Drummondville or Quebec!!!
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thanks you Natalka to wrothe that and put the link
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I think it's awesome that they have made their front yard a garden - saves them money and beautifies (imo) their yard. So many people just don't care about how their lawns look.
    Natalka, cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While I am aware of stories having been done about owners who turn their yards into Zen or meditation gardens or the local neighbourhood gardening wonder, I have only read a couple of stories about urban Ontarians using front yards for gardening. In Hamilton, one person did plant a few things in her little yard. And I think it was in Toronto that someone's notion of container gardening was to plunk some blue boxes in the front yard and plant different vegetables in the containers. There was some angst over that unusual form of container gardening and that it is how it is news. In fact today, two men who planted a garden in a Toronto park plus did the regular grasscutting as volunteers got told not to do the grasscutting or gardening anymore.

In Hamilton, some have tried to do all wildgrass/wildflower front yards but City bylaw usually gets involved if someone complains that those owners have left their grass over 15 cm etc. People who own their properties tend to care if someone in the neighbour is not making an effort to keep their yard/driveway/home in decent condition. Not everyone likes the wild garden look plus there are people with allergies to insects to consider too if one's garden attracts insects.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

They won their cause for this year at least!!!I will follow the developments...Can I make a garden in front of my appart yard...mmmm good question

I hope that others persons will be tempted to do the same if this is now allowed lol
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

it can seem weird..but it is so smart!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Le couple de Drummondville qui cultive des légumes devant sa maison remporte une autre bataille. Le conseil municipal a accepté lundi soir d'autoriser la présence du potager de façade de Josée Landry et Michel Beauchamp pour cette année.
    La Ville de Drummondville compte par ailleurs amorcer une réflexion sur ce type de potagers, plutôt que de les interdire comme elle comptait le faire dans le cadre d'une harmonisation des règlements municipaux. Elle veut rédiger un règlement pour encadrer les cultures en façade d'ici le mois de mars 2013.
    La décision du conseil municipal ravit les principaux intéressés. « Sincèrement, je m'attendais au pire [...] C'est une longue bataille, puis je suis content de la direction qu'ils prennent parce que c'est ce pour quoi je me battais dès le début et, finalement, c'est une histoire heureuse », affirme Michel Beauchamp qui compte déposer avec sa conjointe une pétition de 35 000 signatures en faveur de leurs plantations.
    En juillet dernier, la Ville de Drummondville avait ordonné aux jardiniers de sacrifier une partie du potager qu'ils avaient aménagé au printemps devant leur résidence. Elle leur avait envoyé un avis leur demandant de remplacer les légumes par du gazon sur 30 % de la devanture sans quoi ils s'exposaient à des amendes allant de 100 à 300 $ par jour. Devant le tollé provoqué par cette décision, les autorités municipales leur avaient accordé un sursis jusqu'au 1er septembre.
    L'histoire a fait le tour du monde et les encouragements sont venus de partout. L'activiste américain et fondateur de Kitchen Gardeners International, qui a déjà convaincu le président Barack Obama de créer un potager à la Maison-Blanche, avait notamment lancé une pétition internationale pour faire plier Drummondville.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information