User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By amused

Thread: Looking for entertainment book or other local attraction coupons!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Hello,
    We (family of 4) are flying to Victoria for a vacation at the beginning of August. I am looking for an entertainment book or and other local attraction coupons that you would be willing to trade. Please pm me with what you have!

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi Lesley73 ... Hope you get sunny weather while in Victoria...it's gorgeous today! Just wanted to mention that there is lots of free places to visit in Victoria too. You mentioned early August so you might be here for Symphony Splash on August 5: http://www.victoriasymphony.ca/splash/ Also we have tons of beachs... botanical beach in Port Renfrew is great for their tidal pools. Sooke potholes and many others for swimming. Depending on the park (whether its municipal or larger in scope) they get managed by different agencies. Here's the parks the Capital Regional District manages: http://crd.bc.ca/parks/location.htm I know they put on activities with their naturalists that are free or cheap: http://crd.bc.ca/parks/events/calendar.aspx There are many parks managed at the municipal level too like Beacon Hill park ... it's gorgeous and has a kids petting farm (I think they do a running of the goats at the end of the day). Lieutenant Governors house is beautiful for taking pictures and they have a nice duck pond there for the kids. Dallas Road is gorgeous and if you're around clover point you'll see people paragliding (or hangglidding... sorry obviously not a sport that I participate in) and kite flyers. I'm sure others who have kids will jump in ... but there is tons to do here. As an aside if you're looking for Victoria souviners..I would skip the touristy stores and go to one of the local markets like the Moss Street Market.
    MyCupcake and couponer2 like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

That is so awesome! Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know about all these places and things to do!!!

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No problem and I'll be on the lookout for entertainment deals for you. I should have mentioned that both Symphony Splash and the Beacon Hill petting zoo operate by donation.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Good rundown Amused! Government House (on Rockland - close to downtown area) has beautiful gardens that you can visit - for free! If you are really interested in the more elaborate gardents and walks and amazing plantings - then Butchart Gardens (Brentwood Bay area) is a must see. We've lived here for over 20 years and I love to go to the gardens a couple of times a year - but DH doesn't! They will often have musical groups play in the evenings through the summer and on saturday nights (around 10- 10:30) there is fireworks from the water.
    The Royal BC Museum is another terrific place to visit (depending on the ages of your kids).
    Some of the local markets are filled with terrific items - the Sidney Market (on Beacon) on Thursday evenings - from about 5 - 7pm.....and the Moss St one on Saturday mornings.....
    There are some others around too!
    Matticks farm (Cordova Bay Rd) - good for an ice cream stop and a mini-golf ....and some cute shops....

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

More great info! Thanks!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lesley, I have 2 mostly full Entertainment books that were given to me for free just last week. So you are welcome to have whatever you need from them. I can arrange to meet you to deliver them, or you can pick them up. Just let me know when you are coming. I second all of amused's recommendations as well.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Thanks vicpamr, your message came just as I was finishing up a trade for an entertainment book. Thank you for the offer tho, much appreciated!

Thread Information