User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 7- Eleven Stores - Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (Yuck!)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by muggos0101 View Post
    I didn't even know there were places where they make the food in store! I live in Calgary so there is a place where they make all the food. I have a friend who works for a refrigeration company, he goes to all kind of restaurants, he said he went to the 711 place and it was like the most sterile kitchen ever. So at least that's one good thing about 7-11 food. And about the machines, I don't get nachos there but I have taken advantage of the free chili and cheese on my hotdogs... but who hasn't, really!
    That's awesome - I think it's the kind of thing which obviously varies by location.
    My husband is an electrician, so we know of some restaurants we definitely would NOT get food from or eat at!

We have two locations which we go to - we just had wings and fries this week - they were totally cooked very recently before we bought them, you can tell when food sits out. I guess we're lucky. It's not that they are cheap, they really aren't, but they rate high on the yummy scale.
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Aug 4th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Oh gosh, that looks so watery and nasty!
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnlow30 View Post
    Yup.
    Marketing idea gone bad.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnlow30 View Post
    I'm guessing that it's just pouring freeze dried potatoes with boiling water at the same time... it should thicken before long. Not saying I'm a fan of powdered potatoes, just that I don't think the final product would be soupy as it appears. Lots of people enjoy pringles and they are made from dehydrated and reconstituted potatoes. I think real chips are better, but I'll admit that pringles can be enjoyable.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I'm guessing that it's just pouring freeze dried potatoes with boiling water at the same time... it should thicken before long. Not saying I'm a fan of powdered potatoes, just that I don't think the final product would be soupy as it appears. Lots of people enjoy pringles and they are made from dehydrated and reconstituted potatoes. I think real chips are better, but I'll admit that pringles can be enjoyable.
    Buying instant potatoes and gravy packets at the grocery store, may come out better than the 7-Eleven product.
    muggos0101 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Buying instant potatoes and gravy packets at the grocery store, may come out better than the 7-Eleven product.
    Maybe, but if you're going to go to the effort (ha) of boiling your own water and stirring the potatoes in, you might as well just make real mashed, and take the 2 extra minutes to mash it. The convenience of being truly instant at 7-11 may be an appeal to some, although I don't know how many drunk people will be switching to mashed potatoes instead of the usual hotdogs and nachos. Only time will tell, I suppose!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Maybe, but if you're going to go to the effort (ha) of boiling your own water and stirring the potatoes in, you might as well just make real mashed, and take the 2 extra minutes to mash it.

You and I know this, but for those who want food NOW, the instant would be more appealing, over the 7-Eleven "machine".

The convenience of being truly instant at 7-11 may be an appeal to some, although I don't know how many drunk people will be switching to mashed potatoes instead of the usual hotdogs and nachos. Only time will tell, I suppose!
    muggos0101 likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Discussing
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information