• 1 Post By jasperandchar
  • 2 Post By thriftygranny
  • 2 Post By couponfreak
  • 4 Post By K8's Fate

Thread: my friend mistake stupidy and her big leason

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

my friend wentto super store today with her niece who love pink and babies that kid will take any thing with baby or pick color on it while she was shopping she picked up ovaluation test new one and she put it on her bag bcz she wanto read it and compare she called me ask whihc one is good so i said just read it or ask pharmacy they can help batter read it how it can be used if it easy then get that one so she put it on her bag and take out other bag to get stuff she wnato use coupon for and start walking her niece shart grabing it so she put taht coupon pouch on that test box ovaulation kit so she cant see her husband came she bought and for got to pay for that ovaluation thing and it was in her bag she told her huabnd i think i frgot somthing but cant remeber what he sai dok lets go for now since they had appointment in hispital for surgery so they left as they left LP came out and said you are underarrest lets go in her husband said why she siad she had stuff which she didnot pay from store she said ohh GOd ya (she was on phone with me i just pick up her phoen when LP stoped her ) she still dodnot remeber she sia d that chocklet is from home which she was talking out for her niece she said no she told her husband taht its from home she then all of sufdden remeber about ovaluation kit an dhse sia dohh god no i forgot to pay fo rthis police was called she wasnt charged but worn and LP told her you cant go any loblows company store ever again in your life . at that time her huabnd left from store and gone when police was doen they siad lets go wher is your husband she siad may be out side in paking he sia d lets go i have to go with you talk to him afther 5 minutes wait her hsuband showed up and said to police sorry officer i didnot know she ha dit she said itf from home it just embaracing thats all i can say she try to explain taht she though that lp asking about somthing and she forgot to pay but hge was so upset rather then understading hid wife taht she got scared or puzzled and didnot mean to stole anything that was mistake yes a stupid mistake but human . they had so much argement he is still mad at her and said you betrayed me she siad yes i made mistake and trust me why would i steal anything whne i can affored i never did and wont . she is so up set next day since she miss taht day for her appointmet she had kidney stone surgery .she keep saying sorry to her husband which he siad he accepted but i have question now what is trust between husband and wife is it taht wek that it can be break by unkown lieing somtime we lie bcz we dont wnat that person to know may be they will get hurt ect or may be we are scared they will get mad at us upset at us or diffrent reson does that realy can finish 10 years trust in sec without knowing and understanding the fact
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by irsakhan; Fri, Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm sorry to say, but I had difficulty understanding your post and what you were asking. As much as I did understand, I would let her and her husband solve this dilemma.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Clearly english is not your first language and I applaud you for your attempt to tell the story. Although it was a little difficult to understand, I think you did a great job in telling what happened.

I think that the husband feels embarrassed and betrayed and it might take some time for him to get over that. Hopefully time and understanding will make things heal between them and they will be able to mend the mistrust he has for her.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When ppl steal they give off signals and that is how they are spotted. I have done this for 20 years. The LP would not have even noticed someone who just forgot. When someone forgets to pay for something legitimately they will never be seen or spotted by the LP because they never have that "guilty demeanor" about them. Your friend was spotted by the LP more than likely because she had this trait.
    nwf1946 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I agree, time will tell, hopefully they will work out their issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky777s View Post
    Clearly english is not your first language and I applaud you for your attempt to tell the story. Although it was a little difficult to understand, I think you did a great job in telling what happened.

I think that the husband feels embarrassed and betrayed and it might take some time for him to get over that. Hopefully time and understanding will make things heal between them and they will be able to mend the mistrust he has for her.
    thriftygranny likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow, ovulating, kidney stones and almost got arrested for shoplifting...rough day.

On a serious note her husband needs to get over it, is he betrayed because of her forgetting to pay or that she wants to know when she's ovulating so she can get pregnant. forgetting to pay is forgiveable one sided parent planning is questionable.
    matrix82 and angel_2011 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm sorry but I really could not understand your post enough to post an opinion on it.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Wow, I hope it works out for your friend. What a rough day!

coupon freak
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I think you missed the mark here my guess is she was followed due to her couponing (more than likely she was peaking into a purse over and over to match her coupons with the products) that behavior will get you ged or they saw her put the item in her bag and followed from that point(they have to keep an eye on the merchandise if they lose you for a second they cant guarantee you didn't put the item down so they do not approach you) I know this from working in retail. Couponers get a binder do not keep them in your purse or a bag it makes you look like you are hiding something.
    matrix82 and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

I think the husband's reaction is somewhat normal - seems similar to how my dad would probably react if my mom did something that silly. I think like the other posters have suggested, he is more embarrassed than anything.
    1. It happened in a grocery store full of ppl (imagine if their friends or some accquaintance was there - that would prob be the first thing going thru my dad's mind)
    2. The police were called (now she's classified as a shop lifter and will prob have a file - not sure how it works but that in itself is like a "disgrace to the family" - that's how my dad would prob see it)
    3. The wife is not allowed to shop at any Loblaws store.

Don't get involved, just be there to listen to the wife (for the support) - but there is no right side or wrong side in this situation. It was a mistake that she has to pay for, one she will probably never forget - live and learn -that's all we can do.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponfreak View Post
    Couponers get a binder do not keep them in your purse or a bag it makes you look like you are hiding something.
    I never bring my coupon binders into stores. I have two huge binders and would probably strain my arms if I lugged them around with me. I bring the coupons I need in an accordian folder (organized by stores for pming), and leave my binders in the car. I have never been stopped for looking into my purse. Also, if I ever was stopped, I wouldn't care. I don't steal, and would have nothing to hide if they wanted to check my purse.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Thread Information