User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: What kind of wall decors do you prefer?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What kind of wall decors will you use to decorate your room? wall shelf, wall stickers, clocks or others?

In my bedroom, we hang a piece of wall art on the top my bed. And in our dining room we also have some wall decors.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    cath007, Oliverbnt and joleneyoung like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AliceStewart21 View Post
    What kind of wall decors will you use to decorate your room? wall shelf, wall stickers, clocks or others?

In my bedroom, we hang a piece of wall art on the top my bed. And in our dining room we also have some wall decors.
    I have framed photos that either DH or I have taken on all kinds of trips we've been on. I also have some vases and books and such on shelves. My fave is a hand blown glass palm tree we got on our honeymoon in PV Mexico

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have a few oil paintings i've picked up at thrift stores. varying sizes and skill levels.
    a few prints i thought were interesting.
    some west coast first nations wall art. they always make me think of home
    a couple of vintage ceramic wall plaques i picked up for a major steal at salvation army. like super duper steal of a deal, i totally squealed when i saw them thrown in with all the weird junky stuff.
    a few religious pieces. my faith is important to me
    GoJays and AliceStewart21 like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i have a few oil paintings i've picked up at thrift stores. varying sizes and skill levels.
    a few prints i thought were interesting.
    some west coast first nations wall art. they always make me think of home
    a couple of vintage ceramic wall plaques i picked up for a major steal at salvation army. like super duper steal of a deal, i totally squealed when i saw them thrown in with all the weird junky stuff.
    a few religious pieces. my faith is important to me
    yup, my faith is also important to me. oil paintings are quite good for decorate room and I like the feeling of art. While, a wall shelf would be more useful, we can put some books, vase or other stuff on it. I'm looking for a wall shelf with a simple but modern design, but still didn't find.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I like to use a combination of different things, whatever I feel looks nice. In my bedroom I wanted to go with a Japanese style. So I have a big wall sticker that is a tree with birds sitting on it (from Dollarama actually) and a canvas above my bed with a cherry tree in blossom and birds on it. I also have a framed paper that says "love" in Japanese, I decorated it for my husband for one of our anniversaries. I'm working on an engraving piece that is a picture of a Japanese temple, and that will go in our bedroom when it's finished.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have this hanging on my wall in the living room I am into realism.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

Only YOU Patty could find this picture!! Lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

lol, how can you hang this on wall.
    ssbean and joleneyoung like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have yet to hang anything on our walls yet. We're still working on the decor. DH's favourite painting by his favourite artist is currently on the mantle because it fits the space - a Salvador Dali. I forget what the name of it is at the moment. It's a little too loud and red and orange for my taste. But, it's a fairly meaningful and iconic work.

We have an original cell of my favourite cartoon as a wedding gift from a one-of-a-kind friend. Waaayyyy too expensive, and quite whimsical. It's currently in my craft room for inspiration.

There's my framed degree, with the school logo on the mat - a gift from my parents. I'll hide (I mean...hang) it somewhere in the office/computer room one day.

And finally, an anniversary gift from DH, a professionally mounted and framed pencil drawing of a winter landscape he spent many, many, many, many hours on. It's part of his professional portfolio, but the original is all mine.

When I originally looked at these bare walls, I was thinking large photographs, dramatic closeups, like those ones at Ikea. I think you need a larger space than what we have to display those, or only look at them from afar. Up close, everything is extremely pixelated. I like what we have much better, but it doesn't mean I'll add a few of those along the way.

I also mean to get some of our engagement and wedding pictures framed. Some of them turned out really well.

It's a work in progress....
    ssbean, cath007 and AliceStewart21 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Oh Patty! haha

I have seen that pic so many times and thought it would be a bit too out there for SC... how little i knew!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well...in 3 years I have not started to decors...and I have white wall...but yesterday I purchased 2 paint and I bit my figgers to not taking 3 at this price..otherwhise wall stickers(but at 10$ it is quite dispensive) or I have all sort of travels memory in a box..will work with that!!!!!

I have also a frame mirror,pictures and some others things...I need to personalize my space..because now it is boring...it will be a work in progress too
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Aug 4th, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
    ssbean and AliceStewart21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    I like to use a combination of different things, whatever I feel looks nice. In my bedroom I wanted to go with a Japanese style. So I have a big wall sticker that is a tree with birds sitting on it (from Dollarama actually) and a canvas above my bed with a cherry tree in blossom and birds on it. I also have a framed paper that says "love" in Japanese, I decorated it for my husband for one of our anniversaries. I'm working on an engraving piece that is a picture of a Japanese temple, and that will go in our bedroom when it's finished.
    I had always dream of a zen Japanese style decors...will look the stickers at dollorama
    But at my house,now I am in appart..my bedroom was painted red and beige so was great and others colors in the house was blue,yellow,orange...so it was vibrant!!!I miss it because in appart you cannot have those colors on the wall
    AliceStewart21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    in our home also a wall sticker that Daisy Brief Patterns. we put it on the wall of dining room. It looks quite cozy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I love it!!!!
    ssbean and AliceStewart21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The website you proposed is great to see wall stickers decors!!!Thanks you
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Aug 8th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
    joleneyoung likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information