User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By princesskimmi
  • 1 Post By DianneS
  • 1 Post By DianneS
  • 2 Post By tink30

Thread: Any good activities for the last 3 weeks of Aug. around town?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'll be back in good ol surrey for the last 3 weeks of august, and need some ideas for keeping the kids entertained.

i know there's usually events happening at the park next to surrey place? (or whatever the heck they call it now)

does anyone know of any events happening elsewhere in surrey/whiterock?

Also, does anyone know of any good deals on admission to museums around the gvrd or the science center?

truthfully, i'd rather just crash and sleep for 2 1/2 weeks!

this time i might even leave my coupons at home... maybe
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

well, i think i found one on my own.

apparently you get 50% off admission when you present your airmiles card at the planetarium.

"Obtain 50% off on regular price admission for card holder and accompanying family members. All you need to do is present your AIR MILES card when purchasing."
    Last edited by anisa; Wed, Aug 1st, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    misstarbender likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I`ll check the local papers for you....they come out on Thursday and Friday.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

The park is called Holland Park and there are usually things listed on the City's Parks and Rec website - Also there are 50% coupons from Entertainment Book for the Vancouver Zoo and other attractions like the Waterslides (if you have a local to you book sometimes you can print out-of-town coupons or trade with us local gals) - And don't forget the PNE (its cheaper and less crowded before PNE when its just Playland.
    anisa likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Bear Creek Park Train - Bear Creek Park - Open 365 days a year from 10:00am each day. Located in Bear Creek Park this attraction offers fun and adventure for the whole family. A historic miniature diesel and steam engine train ride takes travellers through a magical forest and display tunnel. - A must see for tourists of all ages! There is also a great (free) water park and a public swimming pool at this park.

Historic Stewart Farm - Open: mid-February to mid-December, Tuesday to Friday 10 am-4 pm, Saturday and Sunday 12 noon-4pm. The Historic Stewart Farm features a beautifully restored 1894 farmhouse, pole barn, and heirloom gardens in a pastoral setting on the Nicomekl River. regular events include tours by guides in period-style costume, woodstove cooking, heritage crafts and participatory old-fashioned parlour games. Visitors are invited to bring a picnic or enjoy a stroll on the network of walking trails. I believe this is also free.

anisa likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Here's a list (with links) of 270 family activities for the greater Vancouver area:

http://www.findfamilyfun.com/main.htm
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

If you are looking for something free for your kids, there is something called Park and Play. They go to various parks everyday in Surrey and set up a tent with crafts, different games, and the leaders play outdoor games with the kids. The website and schedule is [email protected]. The best one to go to would be at Bear Creek Park because it also has a big playground, waterpark, pool, mini train etc.
    anisa and getshortee like this.
    RRLF COKE PINS and LUNCHMATE PINS

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

awesome thanks folks

my parents are about 4 blocks from bear creek, so i figure we'll be there a few times, but if they do the play things while i'm there i might try to coordinate our park time with that.

we did the train last time we were there. i'm sure my son will want to ride it again tho

I love to read the leader and the now when i'm there, just to see what's going on. hopefully i'll see something useful. you know how it goes tho, it's always easy to miss info when you're in town for such a short time.

i have to say, i've been living in brampton for 11 years now, and every time i come to surrey i'm so impressed with the way things have grown and developed. seriously, brampton is a hole. it reminds me of surrey with the size and population, but it is a real dud of a city.

one week to go, yay!
    R

getshortee
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I noticed they had Dinotown at the cloverdale fairgrounds. I don't know what the cost is but noticed that was new

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Holland Park has Movies under the Stars - Every Saturday in August - the fun starts at 5:00 and the movie starts at dusk

Aug 11 - The Muppets
    Aug 18 - Despicable Me
    Aug 25 - The Lorax

Thread Information