• 2 Post By krazytwacy
  • 1 Post By teegansmom
  • 1 Post By SavenRaven

Thread: SDM xbox

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hello,

For those of you who have bought an xbox from SDM or have looked at them in store... do you know what the specs are for it? Like how many GB, what it comes with, etc. And how much it costs there regular priced? I'm thinking of eventually redeeming my points for one, but also want to compare how much it would cost me if I just buy it elsewhere too.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    - Couponing since May 27, 2011 -
    I earned enough swagbucks to redeem for a $5 Amazon e-gift card in my first week of joining
    ! JOIN SWAGBUCKS

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Disclaimer: I know nothing about DH's toy, so all pro gamers can at me now and get it over with.

We haven't purchased any electronics at SDM, because at the time it was better value elsewhere. Our system is four years old, so I think you can buy it for a much cheaper price now (maybe?). You may need more memory than we have, but our system is not used for live gaming with other players (where players in different cities and countries can connect via internet).

We have the XBox 360 Go Pro version which includes:
    - console
    - wireless controller
    - 20 GB
    - headset
    - network cable
    - A/V cable

It also came free with the 6 in 1 Pro Gamer's Kit including:
    - alloy faceplate
    - air cooler
    - wireless remote
    - rechargeable battery pack & cable
    - system link cable

I believe it was $199.99 with free shipping for everything. Other than the games, the only other thing we purchased was an extra controller, which commonly sells for $39.99. DH was looking at the PS3 at SDM, but decided the options weren't as good as what were offered elsewhere.

Hope that helps!
    Miabee likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I buy things like that at Costco, sometimes Costco has an awesome price however the return policy makes up for paying a bit more. I would never buy anything like that at SDM you will be so disappointed and ripped off if anything is wrong with it.
    Miabee and PurpleBunny89 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I bought one just before christmas. I don't remember the specs but is also for sale at Walmart. I bought it on a 20x day, and it also had a 50$ GC with purchase. I redeemed 85$ to get it, spend 130$ OOP and got a 50$ GC as well as the 20x points. worked out great for me, and it gets played every day by teen brother, no problems whatsoever. (It came with controller, game and a few other things)
    Miabee likes this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I just bought a Arcade X-box 360 on Saturday from SDM for $199.99. That is the basic 4GB version of Xbox 360. It just came with a controller, LOL. SDM sells the other versions too, but We only bought it for my mother-in-law so she can use Netflix. The price of XBox consoles is pretty well regulated so you will pay about the same anywhere you buy one.
    Miabee likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks for everyone for your input so far! If anybody else has something to add I'm open to hearing it!!!
    - Couponing since May 27, 2011 -
    I earned enough swagbucks to redeem for a $5 Amazon e-gift card in my first week of joining
    ! JOIN SWAGBUCKS

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miabee View Post
    Thanks for everyone for your input so far! If anybody else has something to add I'm open to hearing it!!!
    I have bought a PS3, a PsVita, a camera and assorted games and accessories at SDM through mega redemption or 20x points events. I have never had a problem with anything that I have bought. As it relates to the Xbox 360 SMD has several versions and that varies between locations. I would suggest you get something a bit better than the basic Xbox 360 "Arcade Version" as it only has a tiny bit of storage (4GB) on it and you will need more.

I would suggest looking at best buy. Currently this is their hardware line up and a good place for average pricing. There are quite a few bundles so it depends who will use it and what they will use it for. Feel free to message me with any questions and I'll try to help where I can. I laso use a credit card that give me points/rewards and and EXTENDED WARRANTY in case there are problems down the road. But you knew that already as a Smart Canuck!
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category...7cd48c3050en01

Blockless
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't really care about specs for the next generation of consoles. They are all going to be powerful enough that the only thing that's always mattered for them matters even more.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought an extra PS3 during the bonus redemption last Christmas. I think I paid less than $60 for it. I have a crazy amount of points, which is why I sprang for it, but if I had to actually pay full price, I would have bought it elsewhere.

Thread Information