User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Believe it our not as consumers (shoppers) we do have some rights. So written some not.
    Some that spring to mind are "if you have a coupon and it doesn't say a purchase is required" then no purchase is required for them to honour the coupon. If you are told you have to buy something, ask for a manager.

Expiry dates apply as well. No expiry date, then there isn't one.

I've got many more running thru my head at the moment but lets hear yours.

Robert
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Spring Shoes
    "I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But...."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know about other provinces but here in Quebec we have some rights that apply to scanner errors. It has changed over the years, but if the item scans higher than a price advertised on the shelf, the item is free if it under $10, and you get $10 off if the item is above $10, only good on one instance of the item, not multiples.

I always check my receipts, it is incredible the number errors that occur regularly. My favourite was $10 of toilet paper for free...

pumkinpie_
    Quote Originally Posted by docbosh View Post
    I don't know about other provinces but here in Quebec we have some rights that apply to scanner errors. It has changed over the years, but if the item scans higher than a price advertised on the shelf, the item is free if it under $10, and you get $10 off if the item is above $10, only good on one instance of the item, not multiples.

I always check my receipts, it is incredible the number errors that occur regularly. My favourite was $10 of toilet paper for free...
    That's how it is in ontario too. However, most of the cashiers will tell you otherwise or won't tell you about it so they can get away with it. You have to ask.

For other provinces, you can check the fine print at the cashier counter. For price chopper, it's right on the base of the screen the cashiers use. It will say right on it that you are allowed free items if they misscanned it.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

We have the scan law here to, I keep a print out of it from a magazine and have used it 3 times in past few months.

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i used my rights at walmart yesterday and got baby cereal for free! 4 dollars back in my pocket..that's like a soup combo at timmies ;D

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

is walmart part of SCOP?

Quote Originally Posted by eri View Post
    i used my rights at walmart yesterday and got baby cereal for free! 4 dollars back in my pocket..that's like a soup combo at timmies ;D

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

they have the sign posted...but just on the door as you leave, not near the cash registers

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i have never heard of the scanning law.....

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yesterday at Canadian Tire I bought tranny fluid and it scanned $2 higher, the cashier made me go get the price tag off the shelf then I said I guess I get it for free and she said no....I thought the scan law was in all stores

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I htink a major issue is that the cashier or not trained well enough to knew the laws and end up making a decision on their own. Which is an un-informed one. These poor girls/ladies, I feel bad because they are just doing as they are told, and have to put up with crap.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I agree.....and lets face it, some customers are so rude!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes, and I have had to deal with them many times. Sometimes issues arent' dealt with and customers are sick and tired too. It's big companies with their eye on the $$$ that forget that without custmers they lose $, untrained cashiers/workers = losing customers, which means losing labour which means they will eventually lose their business. I digress ...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never actually thought about it...
    ~Everytime they put her down, she makes a fist and the tears roll down~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the scanner "law" i'm not so sure is a law. but this is interesting... i've read the fine print (ok too much time on my hands lol). if an item scans incorrectly. they have to give you the item for free which also of course means they have to refund you the purchase price. next time you are in a store you should see a small sticker located on or near the scanner. it may be as exciting to most people as reading the phone book but have a read of it. shoppers drug mart is one of the worst offenders i've found for incorrect pricing, and usually i don't have to ask for the manager.
    "I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But...."

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SCOP is only law in quebec, from what I know. Everywhere else it's voluntary.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information