User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ebay; think it's time to call it quits

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never buy anything from China anymore. I never receive the products!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never had a problem shopping on ebay. I always read over the reviews that others have posted to make sure that the seller doesn't have any negative reviews. I also make sure I know where the item is coming from because items coming from overseas usually have higher shipping costs and take longer to get here.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been buying from eBay for 6 years now. On the rare occasion, either the item is late or does not arrive and the seller offers to resend or refund. I love eBay and have no qualms about it at all. Where else can buy find unlimited items, free shipping, often no duties or taxes, earn rebates, etc?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've never had trouble purchasing from ebay ... items from China does take longer, but when the prices are dirt cheap, what do you expect?

However, I've had lots of trouble SELLING on ebay. One buyer had the audacity to write a negative review on my profile 2 months after the item was purchased, saying that she never received the product. I sent the item through Canada Post and had a tracking number!! The item was marked as "delivered" within several days of shipment. However, because I reported her behaviour thru the eBay resolution system, i was unable to leave a negative feedback for HER! I had a feedback score of 100% (based on 80 or so reviews), but one negative one dropped my % significantly!

eBay's response? Wait 1 year, and the negative review will "drop off." they can't remove negative reviews based on truthfulness.

Edit ...
    As a seller, I've only lost 1 package thru Canada Post/USPS. In that situation, I gave the buyer a full refund.
    Last edited by blizz_27; Tue, Jan 1st, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always bought on ebay, i can't leave ebay now. I had little trouble but all been solved and i got the items at last. I think it is important to choose a good seller, there are lots of bad sellers.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

have had minimal issues buying, but i sold a sweater and still have not received feedback. buyer wont do it. sort of annoying after a month of waiting

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    have had minimal issues buying, but i sold a sweater and still have not received feedback. buyer wont do it. sort of annoying after a month of waiting
    And in turn, don't provide feedback. When I used to sell, I'd never leave feedback until they confirmed receipt. I've heard of too many instances where the seller put in a positive feedback and then ran into trouble because the buyer declared he hadn't received the item and wanted his money back.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Just went and left feedback on my purchases,thanks for all the tips.My only promblem with ebay is that sometimes I do not read all the requirments or make a mistake with the shipping fees,but so far so good.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only buy from Power Sellers as to avoid this kind of thing. I have a 100% Rep + Feedback on eBay and will only shop at places with 97% or higher positive feedback (again, Power Sellers-only).

I've had a couple of things from China go AWOL, but they refunded, and in some cases even reshipped, too. I also had some coupons from BC that went AWOL and I was refunded for those; the person even e-mailed me back a month or so later to say that they had been returned to him (finally)! Not sure what happened with Canada Post, but w/e.

Overall, I've had good experiences with eBay. If something is super-late (over 20-30 business days for China-based purchases), the people I've purchased from have all refunded me. I've never had to squabble with Power Sellers over anything.
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry you had so many negative experiences with Ebay. I agree that no matter what service you provide, customer service should be top priority, but unfortunately this is not the case. When I used Ebay when DS was a baby I bought alot of Gymboree clothing for him as there was no way I could afford to buy them in store. The buyers we usually from the US and I never had a bad experience, any issue was resolved politley and in a timely matter. I also like how they give you a time frame as to when the item will arrive and more often than not, it comes earlier. my MIL uses Ebay alot as well to purchase items that come from overseas, and she always has problems (arriving late, product not what she ordered, etc.) but then I don't think she checks the seller ratings as she should. I haven't used Ebay for years as I find amazon,efox-shop,ozbargain is better, for me.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I've been buying from ebay for years. I've never had any problems, and love the variety of stuff you can get on there. The major thing that keeps me from buying is the shipping costs.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have never had trouble with ebay but if you are having trouble recently you should use paypal and they can dispute the charge if you never received the item

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe the shipments are delayed. Sometimes the shipments can be rejected at the border if the paperwork is not up to snuff.

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

In China, it usually takes up to six weeks.

I have ordered hundreds of items, and only ever had one seller purposely try to rip me off, but what he didn't know is paypal holds his funds for six weeks, just incase
    Insane likes this.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never had a problem with eBay, and I order from there all the time. And when something does not arrive within 30-days, I file through the eBay Resolution Center. Both times eBay/PayPal refunded my money and I simply ordered the same item from a different seller.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information