User Tag List

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm not sure if this query is in the right spot or if I'm allowed to use the full business name in a post, but the company is called saleevent.ca. (sale event dot ca no spaces). They sell cosmetics and toiletries at heavily discounted prices and they are a legitimate company, inasmuch as they have stores on the outskirts on the GTA and do special sales events at places like the CNE annually. I'm in downtown Toronto so I'll have to shop online.... the problem is that I've contacted the company through both their website and through Facebook and they just don't reply, so I'm worried that if I have a problem with an order I'll just be getting the runaround. Has anybody ordered through them and did you have any problems when you did? The prices are great but I'm just worried. Thanks if anyone can help.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi!

Your post was made awhile ago, so the good news is: just try again now! The store www.SaleEvent.ca has seriously upped their game, communication wise especially, and currently even have a function in the bottom right corner of their page to leave a message for the guy named Mark who runs the show (at least the online one, I'm not on that intimate a basis with him, lol), who will email you back as quickly as he can, with kindness and professionalism. I think that it may be a little slower if you go through Facebook, but I cannot quite remember, as I usually go directly to the site.

I have ordered from them several times, and the only time they messed up, some time ago, by forgetting to pack one item, they refunded me and sent me FOUR bottles of the stuff as replacements ... on purpose!

Since then, they have not made a single misstep -- one time, the PhotoReady primer I got was a little yucky smelling, but that was a supplier issue, as it was supposed to be brand new product. They refunded immediately. They do NOT run you around asking for "proof," photos or long explanations, the way that some online stores treat everyone like a scheming lil scammer trying to run a short con for a whopping six buck profit. They just refund, or refund & replace, depending on the issue.

Also, in every single parcel I have received, they included a (full-size) FREE item -- last time it was a brand new (of course) Cover Girl mascara that goes for about $13 at Shoppers.

They ship FAST, too. I've gotten shipments within two days, to my absolute delight.

I do NOT work for them, or profit in any way from gushing about them, but it doesn't stop me from doing things like just this week rambling on my personal Facebook page about how great they are and sharing this little story:

I ordered some products that were almost impossibly inexpensive, like those Tattoo eye shadow pots I'd been pouting over being unable to afford until finding them there, and received everything fresh, new, & flawless. I spent a little bit of time writing reviews on the products with more detail and care than the very few that were already present on the site (people would say things like, "Great product, fast shipping," but I would devote a little paragraph about the Pros, Cons, and special features -- hey, it was the middle of the night and I'd had a coffee way too late).

In the Leave a Message box, I'd asked Mark if there was any coupon code available at the time for a Canadian consumer (as they also ship to the States, going so far as to even have a Free Shipping option for them too, $75+ I believe, while for us Canadians, shipping is free over $49 which is an unbelievably easy amount to reach!) as I could not find anything from a quick Google search. I didn't expect anything, really, but as the saying goes, "It doesn't hurt to ask."

He replied in the morning saying that they'd received an influx of great product reviews and he suspected that they were from me -- right on, Mark, they sure were! So not only did they / he NOTICE, but they / he APPRECIATED it, and showed it by making me a special coupon code, just for me, for 15% off my total order!

More recently, I decided to give that another whirl, despite not having done any more reviews -- asked if there was an active coupon code.

HE REACTIVATED THE PREVIOUS COUPON CODE FOR ME!

I was and remain so impressed that as I mentioned, I tried to strong-arm my Facebook friends into doing some shopping there, which I told him, since y'all and Facebook don't have the only ears (eyes) I yak off, and he did something that REALLY surprised me -- made a coupon code just for my friends, to get 10% off THEIR orders, new customer or otherwise (unlike Well.ca where you have to either be new or simply use a new email address ...)

If anybody wants that code, just PM me, since I do not think it would go over well to post it here since I already have the two referral codes in my signature. I don't get any kickback from it, I just want to share the love

Besides Mark and his lovely gestures, the makeup is always new (apart from that one gaffe beyond their control) and in excellent condition, in addition to being up to 75% off what you'd pay even at Walmart.

I buy as much of my beauty & cosmetics there as possible, ordering every several months, and get many of my gifts to others from them, as well, as the products come in gift quality packaging. Sometimes, if I don't need much, I will go in with a friend and combine our orders to take advantage of the free shipping, then divvy up the box when it comes.

In summary, there's really nothing bad I can say about these folks, not with their relatively recent communication improvements.

So, OP, if you have any issues with your order, which you likely won't, Mark will get back to you usually within the same day, and refund you without fuss or accusations. I highly recommend that ya go for it!

Happy shopping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eggroll View Post
    I'm not sure if this query is in the right spot or if I'm allowed to use the full business name in a post, but the company is called saleevent.ca. (sale event dot ca no spaces). They sell cosmetics and toiletries at heavily discounted prices and they are a legitimate company, inasmuch as they have stores on the outskirts on the GTA and do special sales events at places like the CNE annually. I'm in downtown Toronto so I'll have to shop online.... the problem is that I've contacted the company through both their website and through Facebook and they just don't reply, so I'm worried that if I have a problem with an order I'll just be getting the runaround. Has anybody ordered through them and did you have any problems when you did? The prices are great but I'm just worried. Thanks if anyone can help.
    Last edited by bullet tooth; Fri, Mar 11th, 2016 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typos & stuff

Thread Information