User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By pamjcoupon

Thread: superstore wont price match!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i went to superstore on st James to price match , i had the London drugs flyer and i was price matching the honey bunches of oats ! the lady told me i couldn't price match the item because London drugs wasn't in that area so i couldn't price match the item!

are you kidding me isnt that the reason u price match because the store is to far or u don't normally go there! i was kinnda pissed off but since wall mart was right next door pretty much i just went to wall mart ! the lady there had no problem ! good deal the item was 1.99 and i had .75 coupon!

i have never had any problems with superstore and price matching!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

actually that is true. They only PM stores that are in their area. On a different note, for future reference, LD's flyer only goes to Wed, so technically if you went today the flyer isn't valid, so they shouldn't honour the price today. Just so you know for the future.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i went wed! but why would wall mart do it then?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

different policies I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lorressa View Post
    i went wed! but why would wall mart do it then?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I agree with the not PM'ing in your area...though I usually use a No Frill's Flyer to PM @ RCSS and they usually let me do it, even though the closest NF's is about a 25 min drive away, when there is NO traffic. Would be nice for RCSS to clarify what their 'area' is. I am sorry to the OP that this happened to you!

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Really ?!? One would think that w/ only 1 LD in the city it shouldn't matter if it's on the other side of the city...
    Quote Originally Posted by pamjcoupon View Post
    actually that is true. They only PM stores that are in their area. On a different note, for future reference, LD's flyer only goes to Wed, so technically if you went today the flyer isn't valid, so they shouldn't honour the price today. Just so you know for the future.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I tried pm-ing a Rexall flyer at superstore, and the lady said, "Rex-all??" like she had never seen a rexall flyer in her life. the she said I don't know if we price match rexall. I said, oh, how come? She had no answer for me. Then she had someone else look at it. She had to check THEIR price of the item first before she even considered pm-ing it. After much deliberation, the lady said yah, we'll do it. Like really....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I actually went to the Sargent rcss today. (I didn't want to, but wasn't worth the drive to go elsewhere as I had to drop my mom off at the airport). Anyhow, bought avocados and bread. I was PMing the bread to zellers. As first cashier rang in the bread at regular RCSS price, then realized I was PMing and had to call CSM as she didn't know what to do. Then CSM examined flyer, said ok, took off bread, then put through my bread... she would only let me get 2. (I wanted 4.)-this is not normal for RCSS as I often PM bread from Zellers. Anyhow, then she proceeds to rip the piece of the flyer where my bread is. I say you can't take my flyer! She said, How will I keep track? I said, I understand that but you can't take my flyer. (I was planning on PMing at my RCSS later in the week as I needed more than 2 loaves of bread.) I told her to take off the bread then, but she can't have my flyer. She threw the flyer at me and said keep the bread (not in a very nice manner). BTW, I was in express and this was not very "expressly".
    Moral of the story... don't go to Sargent RCSS no matter what! Even if it is for just 1 thing!!!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Guess it depends which SS you go to. I had someone from the St. Anne's one tell me once, Oh we only have a limit of PM-ing one of the same item. She let me "get away" with two...

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I used to do alot of my shopping there - as a family of four with pets we would spend at least $125 a week there but with all of the policies that differ based on the cashier you get/day of the week/flyer you bring in....I have had it at RCSS. I have complained in person and via email with no satisfactory answer. I won't shop at ANY of the RCSS unless their clearance section is fabulous.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I generally don't go to the one on sargent for this reason. I will say the one on portage west if fantastic and I have never had any problems!

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    I used to do alot of my shopping there - as a family of four with pets we would spend at least $125 a week there but with all of the policies that differ based on the cashier you get/day of the week/flyer you bring in....I have had it at RCSS. I have complained in person and via email with no satisfactory answer. I won't shop at ANY of the RCSS unless their clearance section is fabulous.

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

SS on gateway usually gives me a hard time if it is a good deal...the manager is famous for using "misprint" as an excuse...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i always shop at superstore and i love it there the prices are great and i usally have no problems i love when they forget to tell you the deal of the week!

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pamjcoupon View Post
    I actually went to the Sargent rcss today. (I didn't want to, but wasn't worth the drive to go elsewhere as I had to drop my mom off at the airport). Anyhow, bought avocados and bread. I was PMing the bread to zellers. As first cashier rang in the bread at regular RCSS price, then realized I was PMing and had to call CSM as she didn't know what to do. Then CSM examined flyer, said ok, took off bread, then put through my bread... she would only let me get 2. (I wanted 4.)-this is not normal for RCSS as I often PM bread from Zellers. Anyhow, then she proceeds to rip the piece of the flyer where my bread is. I say you can't take my flyer! She said, How will I keep track? I said, I understand that but you can't take my flyer. (I was planning on PMing at my RCSS later in the week as I needed more than 2 loaves of bread.) I told her to take off the bread then, but she can't have my flyer. She threw the flyer at me and said keep the bread (not in a very nice manner). BTW, I was in express and this was not very "expressly".
    Moral of the story... don't go to Sargent RCSS no matter what! Even if it is for just 1 thing!!!
    i have had issues at that store too......i choose to go to walmart most of the time.....so much better!!

Trading Score
    237 (100%)

i agree with the $10 coupon limit. really 10$ is not much in coupons. I split my orders up into 10$ piles so much more work but less hassel to keep the line waiting. Walmart is just so always busy. Most times ss has the pm already done from walmart but it's max 2 items at that price put i am doing multiple transactions so it works. It is to each their own preference where they shop.
    looking at joining fresh points use fitzgirl as a referal and get 150pts and i get 50pts.

easy points to redeemed for gift cards.

Thread Information