User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Beyond The Rack. Terrible Experience.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

just bought a new Duvet from Beyond The Rack that was supposed to be white duck feather down...it was full of full grown duck feathers, black, brown, and white, you can see black feathers through the gross polyester lining. The feathers poke through the fabric, and its not even stuffed full. Most disappointing purchase ever. It feels like a plastic bag poorly stuffed with needles. also, BTR's return policy does not cover return shipping, taxes, etc, so if I return the 60.00$ purchase, I will get a 30.00 credit. I think I'll keep it just so I can show people how awful it is.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    CheriseCheeks likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Aww I'm sorry to hear about your purchase I've had good experiences with BTR when purchasing linen and clothes. Have you tried contacting them to see if they can refund you everything + S&H because you were clearly misled by their advertising and you did not get what you paid for?
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I haven't contacted them this time because I feel so discouraged. My last 3 purchases from them have been extremely disappointing, I might try emailing them just for the principle of it, but I'm sure I already know what they are going to say. I'll post when I get a response. Thanks for your sympathy!
    natynat likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

This is hilarious, I conducted two separate conversations with BTR regarding this matter, one was very public, on Facebook where evryone could see, and the other was private through email. I will post both conversations, see if you can spot the differences

Convo 1 (Through Email)

I am so dissapointed in my most recent order.I ordered a king size
    white duck feather duvet, what I received was nothing like the
    description. The duvet is barely stuffed, and whet it is stuffed with is
    hard, prickly feathers that poke through the 'plastic bag' like fabric
    that is the cover. These are not even white duck feathers, I can see the
    black feathers through the fabric. I am so completely disappointed a
    company that I once thought I could trust for all of my home comfort,

clothing, and shoe needs. I am emailing you in one last attempt to
    receive some sort of consolidation for my troubles. I am keeping a log
    of all emails from BTR on my favorite blogging and deals site
    "smartcanucks" and facebook, so that I can get some second opinions on
    your website and quality of service. Thank you.

Response:

Hi Christina,
    Thank you for contacting BTR,
    Please note that the name of the item is "White Duck Feather Duvet" due to the fact that the actual duvet is white and not because of the feathers inside. The item description never indicated that the feathers inside would be white.
    Long Decription- Enjoy a comfortable and cozy night's sleep with this luxurious duvet. 100% duck feather fill with box stitch design.
    As in all duck feather duvets, some of the feathers will be of a darker colour as ducks are not all white.
    The correct item was shipped to you.
    Thank you fro your understanding.

Convo 2(on Facebook)

ust bought a new Duvet from Beyond The Rack that was supposed to be white duck feather down...it was full of full grown duck feathers, black, brown, and white, you can see black feathers through the gross polyester lining. The feathers poke through the fabric, and its not even stuffed full. Most disappointing purchase ever. also, BTR's return policy does not cover return shipping, taxes, etc, so if I return the 60.00$ purchase, I will get a 30.00 credit. I think I'll keep it just so I can show people how awful it is.

Like ·

• I was asked to message you about my most recent order. Although I doubt it will make any difference, my order was completely disappointing, and not what I ordered at all.

"just bought a new Duvet from Beyond The Rack that was supposed to be white duck feather down...it was full of full grown duck feathers, black, brown, and white, you can see black feathers through the gross polyester lining. The feathers poke through the fabric, and its not even stuffed full. Most disappointing purchase ever. also, BTR's return policy does not cover return shipping, taxes, etc, so if I return the 60.00$ purchase, I will get a 30.00 credit. I think I'll keep it just so I can show people how awful it is."

Order no10746118

• 5 hours ago
      Beyond the Rack

• Thanks for writing in. I looked at your order and saw that the filling was described as 100% white feather fill. If you are not satisfied, please go ahead and return it on us. I will make a note to absorb the shipping costs so you get your full credit of $47.39.
        On a side note, we always pay taxes back for the item(s) returned. In the same manner as we collect them for the government, it is our duty to remit these as well for purchases returned. Hope that helps and so sorry the duvet did not live up to your expectations.

Anna Michele likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Looks like social networking really can be used to give power back to the consumer
    Mia001 likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I total agree
    Mia001 likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

This is disgusting. "Ducks are not all white"? Did they think that you were so ignorant that they had to point this irrelevant fact to you? The matter remains that their advertising was misleading as "White Duck Feather Duvet" can have two meanings. In either case, I'm glad that you got through to them...and I now know where to go if I have any issues with them. Good job!
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im glad you posted about this. This is actually what led me to finally join the forum ^_^ I was going to buy this but my family said it wouldn't be filled with 'good warm' feathers. Is it at least warm? I sleep in the basement and its freezing lol.
    Mia001 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Nope, its not even warm. I actually went on to buy a nice duvet from sears.ca that is decent. Its not real down, but it feels close to it, and I only payed 36.00 for a king size. Here's the link:

http://www.sears.ca/product/infinity...98-5307004-000

it's actually on for 29.99 right now, which is a bit angering lol. anyways, its decent, but if you are looking for something super warm and reasonably priced, check out ikea's website, and go for the highest warmth rating. They are seriously warm...a bit more expensive, but worth it.
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Freebie_Fanatic; Wed, Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ikea's are a bit expensive! Maybe ill try it in the future, I think I'll try to get the sears one for now ^_^ and thats terrible on BTR... I find a lot of their stuff is like that, the 'retail price' is super marked up too. Thanks a lot for the help!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WOW. I'm actually shocked. That is what you call poor customer service. It's sad that you had to write it out publicly for them to get you full money back. That personal e-mail is so condescending and just plain rude!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Wow that's a big difference in customer service. It's a shame that they needed such a public space to give good service.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    Wow that's a big difference in customer service. It's a shame that they needed such a public space to give good service.
    Totally different service. I have really learned my lesson though, any time I have a problem now, I post it on the company's FB page. The only one who doesn't respond is Canadian tire...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (75%)

Agreed. I ordered one order, after a facebook ad told me "FREE SHIPPING FOR THIS WEEKEND ONLY" or something very specific with dates.

I ordered within those dates, thinking yay free shipping! Only to get insane charges for shipping.

Their response? Something along the lines of "the order was processed out of those free times..and not all ads work for every person" I was just thinking HUH? YOUR business processed my order so you specifically mislead me to thinking I would get free shipping only to delay the process causing me to pay?

I canceled the order after that dumb experience. And it was my first. That was enough to scare me away.

And, I got a really great duvet from the "bump & Scratch" section at ikea. originally like 99 bucks, I bought it for 21!! It was (at that time) the best one they had in stock. I was amazed. Took it to the dry cleaners to be sure it was great, and I was super satisfied. It had a few dust spots on it from being the display model but I love it and for the 21 bucks it was soooo worth it!!
    Anna Michele likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erinjuly4 Join Swagbucks!! Best site to earn free gift cards!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are you talking about the marimac duvets? Because I got a marimac duvet and I looked at the feathers through the light and they weren't brown at all. The duvet itself is really quite soft and comfy. and SUPER warm, almost too warm! I've never had issues with beyondtherack.com but it sure makes me think twice before buying again. even though if my duvet was actually down, for the price i got it for was a steal. considering walmart sells those cottonball type comforters for more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information