User Tag List

Page 171 of 193 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did trades too fast for my coupons last time and I got better trades offers after so for coupons they have time before they expire I will take my time next time....Lessons learned the hard way grrrr
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Do you happen to know if the tires were bought from Costco? Think there is a free tire repair or program for tires bought and installed in their auto shops? Like when Dad managed to ding one tire while backing up over the edge of the lateral pipe...sibling took car into the shop for the repair.
    Most tires (Costco included) come with road-hazard warranty and include patches for free. This does NOT include OEM tires that came on the car at the time of purchase -- and you have to take the tires to the place you purchased them and had them put on.

Now, arugably, you did what most people would have done naturally -- and took the car to the dealer, thinking there was a problem with the TPMS... not considering there was a slow leak.

If you had the tires purchased and installed at the dealer (again, not the tires that came on the car), it might be worth asking them if they had road-hazard warranty on them, and maybe get your $30 back.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It has been a very long week so thought as a treat it would be nice to treat ourselves to a nice dinner tonight not cooked by us. Only issue is by the time Mom gets off work it will be too late to go to any restaurants in town and not have to wait forever for a table. So was thinking maybe we get burgers (not my original plan but still a nice treat) only to discover they do not accept take orders over the phone claiming they have such quick service there is no need to order ahead.

Last time we did take out there we waited over 45 minutes and dinning in is not quicker and not an option they only have 5 tables. I would be willing to think oh maybe it was an off night but as you read reviews on various platforms they all have the same comment, love the food, excellent food, etc but waited 30 minutes, waited 45 minutes, waited almost an hour.

Grrrr why is a treat so much work.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Most tires (Costco included) come with road-hazard warranty and include patches for free. This does NOT include OEM tires that came on the car at the time of purchase -- and you have to take the tires to the place you purchased them and had them put on.

Now, arugably, you did what most people would have done naturally -- and took the car to the dealer, thinking there was a problem with the TPMS... not considering there was a slow leak.

If you had the tires purchased and installed at the dealer (again, not the tires that came on the car), it might be worth asking them if they had road-hazard warranty on them, and maybe get your $30 back.
    Tires purchased with the vehicle (new) are under warranty like the car is. I have never had a problem.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Tires purchased with the vehicle (new) are under warranty like the car is. I have never had a problem.
    Warranty from defects yes, but not necessarily road-hazard (nails, punctures, etc) warranty. (possibly yes, but not necessarily)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@bhlombardy -sibling has usually purchased a new set of tires on any new or used vehicle he has bought. Unless he was looking for something super special for his vehicle, he usually bought a set of Michelins at Costco and had the shop do the tire change. Yes, he loves the road hazard program for their tires.

He usually put the original tires up for sale (seems sometimes, a buyer is quick to come along and other times, the tires sell much later) and gets some money.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    It has been a very long week so thought as a treat it would be nice to treat ourselves to a nice dinner tonight not cooked by us. Only issue is by the time Mom gets off work it will be too late to go to any restaurants in town and not have to wait forever for a table. So was thinking maybe we get burgers (not my original plan but still a nice treat) only to discover they do not accept take orders over the phone claiming they have such quick service there is no need to order ahead.

Last time we did take out there we waited over 45 minutes and dinning in is not quicker and not an option they only have 5 tables. I would be willing to think oh maybe it was an off night but as you read reviews on various platforms they all have the same comment, love the food, excellent food, etc but waited 30 minutes, waited 45 minutes, waited almost an hour.

Grrrr why is a treat so much work.
    While I never visited the Mother's Pizzeria in Hamilton (which closed last Sept), so many of their customers posted on the resto's FB page of issues with wait times for ordered food (which either was too little or not hot enough) as well as issues about being acknowledged or even seating (some servers would not allow seating in sections they were not serving). Glad you had your own experiences of the burger joint confirmed by other customers. Always good to know which places are fast and when there is time to wait longer for the slower service food places.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I just do not get it when that has to cook food will not take phone orders, they are only doing themselves a favour. If I walk in order and am told 20 minutes people get cranky to wait where is if I can order it am told 30 minutes so I stay at work or home and can lead my normal life I am happy.

I appreciate that they do not pre cook anything but they just cannot keep up and being such a small restaurant there main business is take out and there isn't even anywhere to wait for take out

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    While I never visited the Mother's Pizzeria in Hamilton (which closed last Sept), so many of their customers posted on the resto's FB page of issues with wait times for ordered food (which either was too little or not hot enough) as well as issues about being acknowledged or even seating (some servers would not allow seating in sections they were not serving). Glad you had your own experiences of the burger joint confirmed by other customers. Always good to know which places are fast and when there is time to wait longer for the slower service food places.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it all worked out BUT you know when you have to be the one to check and make sure Bell actually reimburses you for the " free " movie they offered back in October. I chose Wonder Woman and loved it!
    So yesterday I checked all my Bell statements, and they sure remembered to charge me but no reimbursement.
    So I did a live chat.
    Near the end of the chat the CS rep asks for a secondary phone #, I reply " sorry I only have a land line, nothing else " then she goes...." what about your mobile phone #
    I reply " uh....hello, land line??? I've never owned a cell phone, never will "

Anyhow, all is fine they have now paid me back a dollar more than what they charged me for the rental, I'm o.k. with that.

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Ran out of things to put in my oatmeal. Now just eating plain oatmeal. Five ginormous bites to go.
    Ciel, GoJays, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Broken cough drops. Such a First World problem 😂
    Just call me Wolfie

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I really have to stop whining about stuff, but I know everyone here can identify with the need to just vent, so be clear I am not looking for advice....just ears.
    We have two ( 2 ) pretty decent medical dental plans you know with the co-pay thing......yet in a dental predetermination sent in for my bridge repair seems we are still coming up short??! To the tune of $2,000.00!!!
    So.....I know someone who ain't getting her bridgework repaired or replaced, unless the one in my mouth falls out or something.
    I always ask myself what in the heck do people do who have NO dental plans?
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Mar 15th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

I always ask myself what in the heck do people do who have NO dental plans?
    Be very, very careful. We didn't have dental for a couple of years. We still sent the kids for regular cleanings but we decided to forego our appointments til we had coverage. We were lucky, nothing bad happened See? Still good
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

My husband " there's too much food in the freezer" ... I sure hope there isn't a great deal.. I'd have to wiggle it into places small enough for a worm.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Lost cell phone today trying to load groceries into the car, while holding onto DD1's hand. Walked across the road to run an errand, noticed the phone was missing and assumed it had fallen in the trunk. Ripped apart the trunk, no cell phone. Went to CS in the shop, nothing turned in. Went home to use the "find my phone app" on the computer and it pinpointed the phone in the parking lot. We watched as the cell phone moved across town, back to the store, and into the CS area of the store. Someone may have been taking it to the police station before seeing the text asking to return it to CS.

Thoughts:
    1) Find my phone app is super useful.
    2) I can see the lines in the parking lot on the map on the website. Wow, that's detailed!
    3) I'm super lucky I have it back.
    4) What kind of dumb luck do I have to lose the phone under the car? I would have had to drop it at the trunk and the phone would have had to bounce under the car far enough that I would have had to drive the car off the spot in order to even see it.

DD1 and I walked up to the car from a hundred meters back. It would have had to be pretty far under the car for us not to see it. I guess it's a wonder I didn't run it over while driving away.

Page 171 of 193 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast

Thread Information