User Tag List

Page 186 of 193 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ARGOS!!!! Why did you get our hopes up by taking a lead of 12 -0 at half time over the Ti-Cats just to BLOW it in the second half!!?? Sigh.....2017 was such a wonderful year....the last time Argos won The Grey Cup.
    Ciel21 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So no @walkonby seeing the Grey Cup in person from Steeltown? I'm sure you have some lovely Christmas distractions in Toronto to make up for the Argos disappointing you.
    I'm kind of shocked the final game is being held so late. It's freezing outside. Snow might make for difficult tv shots on game day.
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i was craving classic tim bits.. all they had were beiber balls... 3 locations on my drive home all beiber balls.. no bits... pfft
    ROMEO, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I checked my local TV guide and can find no coverage whatsoever of the Grey Cup. Is the situation so pathetic that not a single national TV network will broadcast the game?!
    ROMEO and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I checked my local TV guide and can find no coverage whatsoever of the Grey Cup. Is the situation so pathetic that not a single national TV network will broadcast the game?!
    @HermanH It's on TSN!
    HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @HermanH It's on TSN!
    Many thanks, but I only have basic cable.

I know that I used to be able to enjoy it on at least one of the public networks (CBC, CTV, Global) in years past.
    GoJays and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I assume that various Toronto newscasts had highlights of the game Sunday night. Try the websites and CHCH.com as well.

Usually there is some local TV blackout rule that applies when the Cup is played in a major city. And some cable networks' websites might allow access if you can indicate who your cable provider is(reason I cannot watch online as we don't have cable tv).

Edmonton won; Hamilton lost.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Dec 14th, 2021 at 10:52 PM.
    dededi and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Edmonton won; Hamilton lost.
    I managed to catch the highlights; it looks like I lost a heckuva game. I love shoot-outs down-to-the-wire.

Are you sure about those competitors?
    dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I ordered a blue throw blanket from Pennington’s with my gift card on Saturday January 1st. They’ve taken my money, the blanket is still up on the website… however my order is still processing and hasn’t either shipped or been canceled on their end yet.

I also ordered a candy cane pyjama set and a Sunday hair scrunchie (it matches a pyjama set My husband got me for Christmas) from Reitmans. The pyjamas are no longer on their website but the scrunchie is… that also has not been processed yet.

at this point I don’t think I’m getting anything from either order. I know that they probably have a backlog of orders but seriously the order from the first should have at least progressed by now. They say they can’t cancel an order once it’s placed but they can take my (gift card) money immediately and let the order sit in limbo indefinitely.

update… they both finally finished processing (30 minutes apart) and have shipping labels created. One is estimated to be delivered tomorrow and the other is estimated to be delivered January 11th. Neither has been picked up yet, but I’m happy that I’m getting all of my items including the candy cane pyjamas that weren’t available on the website anymore.
    Last edited by francine1985; Thu, Jan 6th, 2022 at 12:17 PM.
    ROMEO and crafter like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My local RCSS has been out of Coca-Cola for over 10 days. Not a single bottle to be found. How the devil can something so basic be out of stock, especially since when the bottling plant is 1km up the road?! Sigh, first world problems.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I ordered a blue throw blanket from Pennington’s with my gift card on Saturday January 1st. They’ve taken my money, the blanket is still up on the website… however my order is still processing and hasn’t either shipped or been canceled on their end yet.

I also ordered a candy cane pyjama set and a Sunday hair scrunchie (it matches a pyjama set My husband got me for Christmas) from Reitmans. The pyjamas are no longer on their website but the scrunchie is… that also has not been processed yet.

at this point I don’t think I’m getting anything from either order. I know that they probably have a backlog of orders but seriously the order from the first should have at least progressed by now. They say they can’t cancel an order once it’s placed but they can take my (gift card) money immediately and let the order sit in limbo indefinitely.
    I think a lot of people we're off on holidays and/or sick recently. I placed an order at Lululemon on Dec 27th and it was just processed yesterday.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I think a lot of people we're off on holidays and/or sick recently. I placed an order at Lululemon on Dec 27th and it was just processed yesterday.

I’m glad your order was processed, I thought my wait was getting reciculous. Honestly if I had payed PayPal I would have put in a dispute today. Unfortunately since it was a gift card I don’t have any options other than to continue waiting. It’s impossible trying to get ahold of them too.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

bahh! teenagers.... if your going to use my stuff, return my stuff, and don't roll your eyes at me when i'm asking where my crap is!... this evening i had to ask her where the heck my pie plate was... it was in her room, she wanted to burn a candle on it (grr my only pie plate), i'm still looking for my stitch ripper she "used last week" and didn't put back, and had to ask her multiple times to get my iron back (nice iron really don't want it to get knocked over or just left sitting on the floor in her room).. it doesn't help that her room is chaos most the time (a prime example she stepped on a needle on her floor and we had to go to the ER to get it pulled out and a tetanus shot).. just frustrating... i've tried the "if you don't put it back you can't use it" but she ends up snagging whatever it is anyways when i'm not looking
    walkonby and dededi like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    bahh! teenagers.... if your going to use my stuff, return my stuff, and don't roll your eyes at me when i'm asking where my crap is!... this evening i had to ask her where the heck my pie plate was... it was in her room, she wanted to burn a candle on it (grr my only pie plate), i'm still looking for my stitch ripper she "used last week" and didn't put back, and had to ask her multiple times to get my iron back (nice iron really don't want it to get knocked over or just left sitting on the floor in her room).. it doesn't help that her room is chaos most the time (a prime example she stepped on a needle on her floor and we had to go to the ER to get it pulled out and a tetanus shot).. just frustrating... i've tried the "if you don't put it back you can't use it" but she ends up snagging whatever it is anyways when i'm not looking
    @Midnightly ..I feel your pain girl! My DD behaved the same way for years...fortunately, she grew up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    bahh! teenagers....
    And those will be the same stories over which you will all laugh when they are grown up and gathered around the Christmas table.
    Tweets77 likes this.

Page 186 of 193 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast

Thread Information