User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Our house brag and new to me appliances

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponer2 View Post
    Well thank you all for your well wishes Colleen you made me smile with your young people comment I actually just turned 50 and my Dh is 53 though you wouldn't know he was if you went by his energy level I am such a lucky woman!!!

And Shwa girl the house is house is actually paying us back, though all of the hoarders mess cost us about $1100 in garbage fees to dispose of The garbage bill would have been about 3 times higher but I held a" free "sale and let people come and take what they wanted and anything left over went up in flames in 4 huge bonfires.

We made back over $600 in all the metal we took to the scrap yard( bbqs,appliances car parts & car batteries ....well you name it )there were 4 pickup truck loads (think Beverly hillbilly size loads)
    And there were a few things of worth left in the house that we advertised and sold on Used Victoria that made up and paid for the rest of the garbage bill.

The 10 acre property came with two houses on it and we spent the first 2months concentrating ALL our renovating efforts on the "Guest house" and have now had it rented out to a wonderful couple for about a year now and at $1350 a month it pays for the morgage ,taxes and insurance on the property

I will get pics posted when I figure out how lol
    So so smart! Way to go - great brag.
    We just replaced all of our huge water wasting toilets for new low flush ones AND the city of Winnipeg has a program where they offer rebates for doing so so we got back $20(?) per toilet that we converted. Keep going!
    ssbean and couponer2 like this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Coupon Guru in Training couponer2's Avatar
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Again thank you for all your kind words of encouragement they are very motivating

Wendyjane we also replaced our toilets with the low flush, dual flush systems, watched for them to go on sale then we paid $119(minus 10% seniors discount from my dad) regular $249 and then got two separate rebates one for $65 per unit and the other was for $50.Plus there was a $50 rebate fore replacing existing bathroom fans with energy star rated ones which paid for those.

The property has not not been all smooth sailing within the first month we had to fork out $1200 to Find and drain the septic field which was a bit of frustration cause they couldn't find it and it was my DH and I that had to do the digging and eventually found it ourselves but still had to pay the septic company for their "expertise". And then the week our tenants moving in their fridge broke and for the life of me I couldn't find a good used one right away and didn't want them to be without so we had to buy them a brand new one.No biggy it just went against my thrifty side but what are you going to do they needed a fridge.

Back to a more positive note funny thing happened if you remember I mentioned the Hoarders mess we had to deal with ...well when the main house was advertised it was listed as a two bathroom and when we got through cleaning out the master-bedroom we found a third bathroom!
    Was not expecting that but are very pleased none the less as you can imagine.
    Well back to work and I promise pics when I figure out how.
    Last edited by couponer2; Thu, Aug 9th, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
    harbie, hatherb, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    CHECK OUT MY TRADE/WISH LINK

Couponer2's Trade and Wish List*

CLICK ABOVE​* LINE*FOR DIRECT ACCESS TO MY TRADE LIST

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

QUOTE(Back to a more positive note funny thing happened if you remember I mentioned the Hoarders mess we had to deal with ...well when the main house was advertised it was listed as a two bathroom and when we got through cleaning out the master-bedroom we found a third bathroom!
    Was not expecting that but are very pleased none the less as you can imagine.)QUOTE

LOL you found a bathroom.... hilarious!!!
    Last edited by hatherb; Fri, Aug 10th, 2012 at 01:35 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Wow...that is funny....found a bathroom..musta been in really "hoarder land"....did you have before and after pics of this mess?

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

I admire your strength of character, nice job!! Youtube has a wealth of information on it - I use it to do alot of handyman work at my house!! Congratulations!! Nice job!!
    Join Swagbucks - I've earned $150.00 so far!!
    "If you can dream it - you can do it"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

VERY smart to renovate the rental property to generate the rental income. My very best to you and your future endeavors Hope you will post before/after pics for all us SC'ers to admire.

Great brag!
    couponer2 likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

hatherb Quote(LOL you found a bathroom.... hilarious!!![/QUOTE]
    kkoo8 Quote(Wow...that is funny....found a bathroom..musta been in really "hoarder land")Quote

I know I know it reminded me of the" Malcolm in the middle" episode when Lois and Hal found a hidden toilet behind a bunch of clutter then proceed to keep it hidden from the kids.
    Last edited by couponer2; Fri, Aug 10th, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
    harbie and ssbean like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What a great story!
    We are currently building a camp out in the middle of gods country and DH jokes that we'll call it "Camp Kijiji" because almost everything is from kijiji.

Hope you post picturees soon
    harbie, ssbean and couponer2 like this.
    If you are thinking of joining Listia, use my referral http://www.listia.com/signup/736035

Why not give swagbucks a try?? You'll be glad you did! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bonste

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Tried to update with pics but you can read about that in first post #1 lol
    Last edited by couponer2; Wed, Aug 15th, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
    ssbean likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information