• 3 Post By Zonny
  • 3 Post By thien_nga
  • 2 Post By jessep13
  • 2 Post By ssbean
  • 3 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By MomOfOne79
  • 1 Post By MillieH
  • 1 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: I was out of my mind.....and couldn't shut up (lol)!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Clarifications:

This particular SDM, I don't know about others, the Pharmacy is independly owner, HOWEVER, only make monies on the prescriptions but not things that are sold over the counter like Nexxus, Motrin, etc...

SO I went to pick up my pills then went to buy my Nexxus and milk from the cashier at the front of the store which is owned by a different owner.

What really ticks me off is that that same manager maybe at the most 2 weeks ago told me to take tear pads from other SDM's to use in her store and she refuses to use the tear pad (I want to mention that this tear pad was not taken from another SDM to my knowledge) it was received in a trade I made for my Christmas Hampers to boot.

It's just so frustrating that your told one thing and then treated like your stealing.

-------------------

So I went to SDM today to get my prescriptions, it ended up they were not ready...my pharmacist asked me if I had my coupon stash with me as he read the article that was in our local newspaper, he had a few laughs and I rec'd lots of positive feedback from him....I was so happy!

Then I went around the store just browsing and ended up picking up 3x Nexxus travel size which they normally don't carry and a bag of milk. So I go through the cash and the cashier who I've never seen says I can't accept this coupon as I can't give you stuff for free, I kindly explain that there is no size restriction and that they are not giving me .1 (penny) back as it will go towards my milk or she could enter the coupon as $2.99 as it didn't matter to me either way the store gets reimbursed. The cashier went and asked the manager who said absolutely not...we don't give anything away for free. So there was this lady behind me who must of taught I was trying to pull a kick one....I then said to them, I guess you're not giving the Nestea Ice Tea away for free either since Coca-Cola has a promo right on the box.....total silence.

I told her I was not buying anything today or ever and that they have no right to refuse this coupon and MAYBE they should read the SDM's coupon policy.

I then went to pick up my pills at the back and was on a big old rant with the pharmacist who could not believe what they had just done. I was going on and on about this particular store and not any tear pads in the store but only their Optimum point tear pads, how rude the cashiers are, the manager.....blah blah.....

So I resent a note to SDM head office as they had told me that if I encountered any problems with the store refusing coupons to tell them the date, time, location, what coupon, for what item, the price, the coupon code/UPC code, etc....

So now 6 hours later and I'm still really pissed off, I mean what the heck is going on.

Thanks for reading and letting me rant!

I can tell you I will never pay any monies for anything other than my prescriptions at this location.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sun, Aug 12th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
    SFARAZ, walkonby, ssbean and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

i don't understand why stores think that they're giving away products for free. It's like they don't understand that coupons are the same equivalent as money and they are getting reimbursed from the companies. There's this big stigma on couponers - as if we're committing some crime by using coupons.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I totally agree....they made me feel like I was trying to pull the wool over their eyes.....I don't screw over companies or stores, I use the coupons the way they are intended to be used, I follow the one per customer per purchase, etc....yet they made me feel so cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    i don't understand why stores think that they're giving away products for free. It's like they don't understand that coupons are the same equivalent as money and they are getting reimbursed from the companies. There's this big stigma on couponers - as if we're committing some crime by using coupons.
    SFARAZ, walkonby, ssbean and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I think with SDM it's normally the pharmacist who is the owner, I'm surprised he didn't back you up.
    walkonby, ssbean and wolfwoman like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree with Zonny. The pharmacist is usually the owner. Wonder if they've been burned?? Regardless, if you really want to boycott the place, don't bring them your prescriptions either. They get money on that too. But remember that each individual location has its own medical files. The different locations don't share
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Aug 11th, 2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: added smileys
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sorry about what happened to you, I am just lucky my store is great with coupons!

The Pharmacist could be just an employee, the Pharmacist owner is the owner though, you could check who is your local SDM pharmacist owner on their website, there is even the picture!
    SFARAZ, ssbean and jasperandchar like this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

In this case the pharmacist(s) are not the owners, they are only in charge / sell the prescriptions nothing else at my store!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I think with SDM it's normally the pharmacist who is the owner, I'm surprised he didn't back you up.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yikes! the only time i ever had a issue with sdm is when i had a fpc for coppertone ( had a issue with a product so they sent me coupons) the fpc was really weird, so the cashier thought it was a rebate instead. She double checked with a few others who agreed with her. So I gave the coupons to my mom instead. Turns out its a rebate if your in quebec, so they all read the wrong part of the coupon!!! maybe if head office wont do anything for you, email the owner and see if he/she will.
    ssbean and jasperandchar like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

So sorry about your terrible experience. Hope SDM head office can resolve the problem for you.
    wolfwoman and jasperandchar like this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yep, just vote with your feet and shop elsewhere!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I am sorry to hear this! I hate it when companies feel like you are 'stealing' just for using a coupon. I had a similar experience using an Olay coupon on a clearance item that would have made it free. Cashier wouldn't let me because as she put it "you are not allowed to get anything for free". I didn't bother arguing and bought two of them anyways (they were big bottles of body wash clearanced at $1 each), but put the rest back. I don't understand why they do this as they get the $$ back! Grrrr!
    wolfwoman and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thank you everyone for your advice and kind words!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

made a clarification as I think some people were not undeerstandin the whole situation.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Post on SDM facebook wall.. I've always found that to be the perfect place to get resolution.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I love how they tell you you can't get anything for free. Just tell them to enter it and hit the total button. If its free then they can cancel the whole transaction if it comes up you own money then its hardly free now is it?!

This also goes for everyone posting the brag section about how they got such and such item for "free". Most people don't realise that it is exactly that, "free", there is tax on most of these items!
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Thread Information