User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most stores now offer price matching. Does anyone know if Canadian retailers will match US retailer prices? I am looking for a Rubbermaid Action Packer, the 181 litre model. Canadian Tire sells it for $120 and it is available at Walmart in the US for $76.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Walmart

Sasksaver
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't think they would, being its different currency and the like. Plus most will only price match other "local" stores, within 20 km or so

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sasksaver View Post
    I don't think they would, being its different currency and the like. Plus most will only price match other "local" stores, within 20 km or so
    I agree. Too bad stores won't convert the US price of an item to CDN...most insistence's it is still cheaper. It's just not fair that we have to pay more. Case-in-point: I was recently in Los Angeles at a Costco and for the price of ONE box of Emergen-C here, I got 3 boxes there. Even in the regular stores (like Target) they are only $9.99/box and I even found them on sale for $7.99/box. Yet I head to SOF here and they are $19+ per box. I have searched and searched for better sales on that item and the lowest I have seen is $17. I even asked sales clerks and managers why and they all say the same thing "That price is the MSRP we are given from the company". Emergen-C is the only vitamin supplement that I have been able to remember to take regularly. It is just not fair!!!! Rant over.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The only think I find cheaper in the US is groceries. Everything else is basically the same price. Maybe a little more here or sometimes alot more there. Like the Cricut craft thingy. I looked at a US Michaels & they were twice the price as here. And batteries! I will never make the mistake of forgetting mine at home again
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

One of the reasons items cost less there is because they have a larger population. They have the 'purchasing power'. When you consider that the entire population of Canada can fit into the state of California, it doesn't inspire companies to come here. Also, the companies that do come here have to pay additional taxes and shipping to bring their products here. Those fees are reflected in the price of the item.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is not just purchasing power but our own "beloved" government(does not mattter the party) . Some of our tariffs are rediculous. I know that they are supposed to protect our industry but can anyone tell me what Canadian manufacturer makes running shoes? NONE but the tariff is 30% on them. Yogurt has a tariff of 240% supposedly to protect the dairy industry but this much protection is not protection but a complete ban on foreign products??????

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But you can get much better sales in the US. Many of our retailers will store things for the next season rather then put them on a decent sale, the yanks seem to always lower the prices until it sells.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live close to the Niagara Falls/Buffallo/fort Erie crossings and the local stores will not price match from the U.S even living so close. Yet in Welland they have been known to price match stores in Niagara Falls, Canada. Go figure since crossing the border is no more than a 10 minute drive more when there is no wait time at the border.
    Last edited by gspmamma; Tue, Aug 21st, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Thread Information