User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Is it even worth it anymore?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It likely is in stock at times, but I know in my local WM when they put out Nexxus, they are gone within an hour every time
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

it seems odd to me that every time i go when there is a good deal like yesterday they started the airwick oil discount but non of the ones on sale were on the shelf, this happens all the time. Not to mention that there is never any coupons out. I mostly use coupons at walmart as its closest to my house and when in school i dont have as much time to price match look at flyers and go to more than one store for deals. My rcss almost never has any good pink sticker stuff let along any good deals so i dont go all that much. I have also had issues at the shoppers by my house cuz they are always so reluctent to reduce a coupon value by a penny when ther item is a penny less then the coupon. Although i did scop some energy drinks there one time so that was cool. Co-OP also is hard to coupon with asa again never any good deals, I usualy go to collect new coupons out and one time I got scop on a cactus and walk out paying 1.50 for stuff that should of cost 10 bucks so that was also nice... I do get good deals hear and there but still most of the time i dont because its like karma fources are working agents me. Of course there is also the times where im saving a coup for something to go on sale or clearence as without that its not worth using the coupon on it when i can get a no name for cheeper without coup. And then after the coupon expires then the item goes on sale. Its like stores are trying there hardest to not give away good deals with coupons and that they watch all coupons and expiery dates on purpouse. and if there is a good deal with coupon and sale they pull stuff off the self. sighhhh

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Maybe try a different WM for me its worth it to go to one slightly further away where there are less couponers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I have so many Stayfree that I"m not even bothering to try to get them this week, when they are free again. I only need about 1/2 pack per month. Makes me feel better all those years I paid full price! Got free deodorant this week.
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

It's still worth it for me. Like you said, prices DO go up..and they will not go down with inflation!!! I agree that sometimes it seems like there are no "good" coupons out there...not to even mention the FPCs. However, even on days where it may not seem like much, the coupons DO add up, and you still end up saving money! It's all about waiting for the right sale to come...and then applying the coupon on it (I can't stack in QC). For me, it's like an adrenaline rush knowing how much money I saved. As for the people who assume/judge us...who cares? In the end, we're saving money and they're just getting more wrinkles on their face from frowning.
    idonovan likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i need to write walmard ho about all the issues i dont know if it will help

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    i need to write walmard ho about all the issues i dont know if it will help
    At least you will get your feelings off your chest.That will make you feel better.
    MillieH and idonovan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just a small coincidence that my WM ( Milner & 401) had not one single block of Black Diamond cheese on Saturday mid morning.
    I asked a CS stock person in dairy, they claimed they had none. Really? None? I mentioned that I wanted to PM from the FreshCo flyer ( was on for $4.33 ? I think ) and I wanted to know if they were hiding their stock of cheese blocks to counteract that, he seemed offended and said no they have NONE!
    Oh well had to drive to FreshCo, DH and DS needed their cheese.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Most times when I use coupons I'm oblivious to the challenges that come with it. I really enjoy the savings and 90% of what I 'buy' ends up being free. Occasionally it all seems like its just not worth it, no stock, cranky staff, people lining up behind me. Then I find a deal that I really like and it seems to recharge me. I think from time to time you have to tell yourself its ok to quit.. it takes the pressure off... Then just browse the brags , something will spark your interest and ta da there comes your couponing mojo.. :o)
    pippinelkhound and idonovan like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

walmart has tena sample packs for a buck right now using coupon for a buck off its free.. inside theres a 5 buck off any exp in may 2013... now i dont have bladder issues but the pads work well for that time of the month... so that was a spirit lifter.. and they finaly had the airwick thats on sale and i had a coup for 3 off so made it almost free.. so yoiu guys are right it does happen
    Poirot, Tweetybird999 and MillieH like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Now you have me curious. I have the impression that I don't use that many coupons at the grocery store, so maybe I'll keep track next month.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was really frustrated when I won a chocolate bar from the Safeway scratch & win. The cashier took forever to find out how to use a coupon that was part of the company. Still I find couponing relevant, because even the small dollar amounts do add up to at least $40/month, which is pretty good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information