User Tag List

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree1073Likes

Thread: Surprise!! Surprise!! No Wishlist/No Limit Package Train! FULL!!

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

How did I miss this! Boo
    KK7 likes this.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Usually anything homemade is good..... especially sweets!!!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    yikes my buddy is a little hard he/she did not expand very far on their questions
    Hmm... Not sure if it's me... If so, sorry... Here's more:

- Currently on maternity leave... First baby! I go back to work mid-November
    - I'm a clinic manager for an accident rehabilitation & physiotherapy clinic. I'm also a licensed paralegal and my specialty is automobile accidents/accident benefits; the medical/health side of helping patients anyways.
    - I have an office so I use anything a professional would... Business card holder (personalized?), anything office-related, etc.
    - I don't drink alcoholic drinks unfortunately, but my DH does... I think he likes Canadian beers but only drinks at special events only... Don't recall the names
    - We eat out often, Swiss Chalet being our fav.
    - I love personalized items, with my name or my baby daughter's name... Recently ordered a tote bag with her name on it to hold her toys when we go out
    - I love Hawaii and anything Hawaiian themed
    - My cultural background is Chinese-Canadian and my DH is Filipino
    - I'm building a small library of kids books for my daughter that consist of books from Asian-Canadian/Asian-American authors as I want her to learn about her multicultural background... Basically books with Asian protagonists/characters so she can relate.... So far I have a nice collection but I'm always on the lookout for more
    - I like protein bars... Delicious and filling snacks when I'm on the go
    - DVD movies I'm looking forward to getting/seeing include Hunger Games, Sarah's Key (based on the book), Up!, Mulan, Despicable Me for my daughter
    - Trying to get my daughter into wearing shoes... She's been barefoot for too long especially with the cooler weather and the fact that she's starting to learn how to walk... She wears 6-12 months, equivalent to size 3 infants... Cutest shoes I saw that she could wear now and heading into the fall, pink baby crocs, size 2-3
    - Love shopping for baby girl clothes and accessories Baby girl wears size 9-12 mths and up... The bigger the better as they grow like crazy...

Thats all I can think of right now... Whoever has me as their buddy, hope that helps some!
    NickiB likes this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Something coupon-related, baby stuff, address mailing labels!

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    For the random people that do like esty what do you like on there?

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Homemade? YUM! Love desserts with nuts. DH loves anything made with lemons!

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

I love homemade sweets & goodies!

For other items, shopping bags, t-towels, household items are great, I'm just not a fru-fru kinda craft person. (I'm thinking back to my sister giving me this toilet paper holder thingy with lace... not my style) Not sure if this link works, but here's my Pinterest, "Build, Make, Do or Sew" board! http://pinterest.com/nickibedard/build-make-do-or-sew/

I've never looked at etsy before because I always assumed it was fru-fru.. but from what I see on Pinterest, and what you girls are saying, that's my own misconceived notion... so now I'll have to check it out! (hopefully its not like ebay.. i give up on that)

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    Buddy: How do you feel about homemade gifts?
    I like them!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I like homemade gifts, but not crazy about food items, mostly because Im paranoid....what if people don't clean there spoons or lick their fingers... you know...

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    Buddy: Do you have/want an etsy coupon purse a la glowgirl?
    I have one and it's awesome! The little dividers in it are starting to wear (medium size), so if you're crafty, I'd love some!

LOVE homemade things!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    If my buddy needs more, I'll save you asking Jody.. that way I will have no idea!

(copying some of this from my first package train list!)

About me: I'm a travel agent by trade, but a determined DIY'er, self-proclaimed handyman, vintage/antique lover studying nutrition who loves to cook, especially ethnic dishes, and travel the world by heart.

My favourite foods are spicy, whether it be Mexican, Thai or Indian Curries. Right now I seem to be on a Mexican kick, my fridge is full of avocados, cilantro and black beans soaking and ready to be cooked. I'll be making Salsa with my best friend in the next two weeks, it's an annual end of August event, usually a good 6-8hrs of chopping, boiling, canning, and maybe Margarita drinking.. maybe.. We make a new "variety" each year to add to the repetoire, last year was a mango/black bean.. this year? Who knows? We got on a canning kick a couple years ago, so now do salsa, jams, and pickles. So.. long story short, I can always using canning supplies as my jars go missing throughout the year, or any kind of spice or ingredient for ethnic dishes! (coconut milks, curry, canned pumpkin, canned corn, cumin, chipotle powder, etc. etc.. )

I am fairly handy, when getting divorced 6yrs ago, I was told "I couldn't handle" living by myself. So, I became quite determined, I framed and hung a steel door by myself, upgraded my kitchen cupboards by framing, adding crown moulding, and new hardware, and ceramic tiled my kitchen and bathroom floor (well, 3/4's of it, still to be finished, buddy you will get my "time" answer now) Also installed stove vent and a ceiling fan.. there may have been some sparks on the last one, but I did learn my lesson. I am the proud owner of my own compound mitre saw, and wet tile saw... plus a tool room in the basement. (sad, I know..) However, I can always use assorted screws (they can be yard sale finds, I'm not picky, I realize I have absolutely none!) duct tape (cure's many problems) paint brushes, and twine.

However, as "manly" as that may make me sound, it usually surprises most people. I'm very short (5'2) and used to be tiny. (size 2, gained the 20lbs & 3 sizes, now I view myself more as chubby as 20lbs doesn't stretch very well over a short distance) And I'm still pretty girly... I like having my nails done (do-it-myself as I'm also cheap) toes polished, have a closet just for shoes (95% with 3 inch or higher heels!) always wear make-up (although not a lot) and not a big fan of getting dirty, and definitely not a fan of bugs. (if anyone knows about house centipedes, let's just say I was introduced to those 2yrs ago when I bought my house, I seriously considered moving after 3!) So any of those girly things for nails, toes, lipgloss, neutral eye's, perfume samples from drugstore, etc. are always welcome.

I am now happily attached to my BF who lives with me. (Today is our 2yr anniversary, he bought me a beautiful necklace, although the chain is so fragile looking I'm afraid to wear it, shhhhh) He is lots of fun and makes me laugh always. (If any of you read the Nestea thread in the brag section, he is the photo of "Captain Nestea") He's a HUGE Mac fan and is great with computers, always studying new things (he's now getting obsessed about researching cameras) and also enjoys going to the gym a lot. He also can eat like a horse and not gain a pound, frustrating as my diet has copied him except I gain! So he would always be thankful for sports drinks, wrist tape (i think it's like the white medical stuff from the dollar store) and pens. (he keeps stealing mine!)

And if that doesn't give you more insight into my life, I can always expand on what my stockpile can use.. I had mentioned laundry soap & dryer sheets, but I can always add outdoor garbage bags, funky paper napkins (we've been using paper towel, how depressing!) club house pulled pork seasoning (Bf's fave) or dishwasher tabs.

Hope this helps in case buddy you were stuck! And sorry for the half page article here.. but if you haven't guessed, I also like to TALK!
    I absolutely HATE centipedes!!! I am not a big bug fan, but centipedes are the worst! Ewww..... so far I have seen 2 in my apartment in the last 3 weeks & one was on my bed. gross

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Alrigtht ladies... I'm off for the weekend. Page 16 is where I must start reading from upon my return Have fun.. enjoy shopping...

Oh, one more thing... BUDDY>>> Do you enjoy an adult beverage or two? What about your hubby/partner??

Talk soon!!!
    yes (I put that on my list so I dont think that you are my buddy either - down to 18 )

I like Carmilk Coolers (thanks peachy), sweet ciders (fav is William), baileys & white wine (partially sweet german ones). Hubby loves beer, any beer, but especially dark ales

Quote Originally Posted by RSAS View Post
    mmmmm the orange bacardi breezers are amazing!!
    I concur

Buddy: Do you have/want an etsy coupon purse a la glowgirl?
    no thank you

love homemade gifts, I am not crafty so I appreciated other people's craftyness

Quote Originally Posted by YellowTamborine View Post
    Do you think homemade baked goods would make it through the mail before they went stale? hmmmm

WAIT homemade chocolates wouldn't! Buddy, how do you feel about some homemade sweets? I have a great toffee recipe that works great in turtles etc that i've been wanting to pull out....
    any homemade yummies sound good to me
    Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    I love homemade sweets & goodies!

For other items, shopping bags, t-towels, household items are great, I'm just not a fru-fru kinda craft person. (I'm thinking back to my sister giving me this toilet paper holder thingy with lace... not my style) Not sure if this link works, but here's my Pinterest, "Build, Make, Do or Sew" board! http://pinterest.com/nickibedard/build-make-do-or-sew/

I've never looked at etsy before because I always assumed it was fru-fru.. but from what I see on Pinterest, and what you girls are saying, that's my own misconceived notion... so now I'll have to check it out! (hopefully its not like ebay.. i give up on that)
    I agree, I am also not a fru-fru craft person.

It was great to read all the bios so far, will write mine when I get back from the cottage. too tired to type it all out now
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

hey buddy! Do you own a swiffer?

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

yes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

No

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Just a wet jet but I broke the handle off. Oops.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Just a wet jet but I broke the handle off. Oops.
    HAHAHA My DH did the same to ours!

we have the vacuum and i love it! Best thing when you have hard wood floors and little messy kids!
    Last edited by RSAS; Fri, Aug 17th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information