User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: C.N.E Deals on shopping/food Aug 2012 edition

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's that time of the year again, the C.N.E is starting up and so many people are excited to visit the food building, rides and shopping booths. So I'm starting a thread for all the amazing deals that people might find there.

As we know they have the usual great companies participating such as

Bluenotes
    International Clothiers & Fairweather
    Sirens
    Stitches
    Bowring
    Entertainment Liquidators(dvd booths)

and more:
    http://www.theex.com/downloads/Wareh...0List_2012.pdf

I know that the Entertainment Liquidators usually have some great deals on dvds/blurays/pc games although I haven't gone yet so I don't know what the deal is this year.
    Stiches/Bluenotes usually have cheap jeans/tshirts sometimes cheaper than orfus rd locations, sometimes more expensive.

I was just at Orfus Rd and I can tell you a few deals going on there now:

Bluenotes
    $3.50 graphic t's
    $5.00 teen graphic hoodies
    $10.00 jeans($5.00 on some clearance models)
    $5.00 for plaid shirts

Stiches
    Noting over $10.00 sale.

$5.00 graphic t's
    $5.00 pocket t's(various colors some two toned)
    $10.00 hoodies(not graphic)
    $10.00 jeans

Roots Clearance location
    Save $30.00 off $100.00 before taxes purchase.

What's the deals like at the C.N.E locations?
    Pictures would be great.
    Don't forget the deals at the food buidling. I'll also update this thread when we go next weekend.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bluenotes, Bowring, Fairweather, Roots, Sirens, Stitches
    Last edited by dvdswapper; Sat, Aug 18th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Shwa Girl and torontogal12 like this.
    visit my TWITTER page:http://twitter.com/#!/1dvdswapper

From my family to you. Wishing everyone a Happy/Healthy Holidays and New Year.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I haven't gone yet but really want to...Not sure I will have time to make it...or if I do go it will be maybe after 5 if they are doing the $5 after 5 deal this year...Anyone know?

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I haven't gone yet but really want to...Not sure I will have time to make it...or if I do go it will be maybe after 5 if they are doing the $5 after 5 deal this year...Anyone know?
    Yes they are doing the $ 5 after 5 deal . But its Mon to Thu only.

http://www.theex.com/get-tickets/special-offers/

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

dvdswapper, thanks for the update on the CNE.
    About Orfus Road stores, are there still a lot of stores/outlets? Are the deals worth the drive? We have not been in a long time, but if it is worth it, we'll make the trip.
    Thx.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    dvdswapper, thanks for the update on the CNE.
    About Orfus Road stores, are there still a lot of stores/outlets? Are the deals worth the drive? We have not been in a long time, but if it is worth it, we'll make the trip.
    Thx.
    Well depends on how much you are going to buy and what you need. Best deal is the $3.50 graphic t's but almost everything else is close to the same price in the stores when they have sales. All the money you'll spend on gas won't make the trip worth it. If you're going to the C.N.E they might have the same prices but stock is limited.
    The biggest stores along Orfus are:

International clothers
    Sirens
    Stiches
    Bowring
    Kitchen and Stuff
    Roots
    FairWeather
    Bluenotes
    Le Chateau
    Ardene

plus a bunch of smaller retailers but not many good sales this weekend.
    Shwa Girl and torontogal12 like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Yes they are doing the $ 5 after 5 deal . But its Mon to Thu only.

http://www.theex.com/get-tickets/special-offers/
    Thanks! Through the week will be best for me to go anyway so I may try to go one of these nights after work

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was at the CNE today and the prices for Bluenotes you posted is the same as the CNE prices right now. They also have $8 shorts for women as well, graphic tee and jeans are the same price OP listed. Stitches at the CNE also had the nothing over $10 sale. From my experiences, the CNE often lowers their prices at Bluenotes and all the other fashion outlets near the last week before the CNE closes, so look out for better deals then. But often, the worst stuff is left till the end and everything is a mess!
    Shwa Girl and dvdswapper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How's the selection of $10 mens jeans?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by h2chawwaa View Post
    Was at the CNE today and the prices for Bluenotes you posted is the same as the CNE prices right now. They also have $8 shorts for women as well, graphic tee and jeans are the same price OP listed. Stitches at the CNE also had the nothing over $10 sale. From my experiences, the CNE often lowers their prices at Bluenotes and all the other fashion outlets near the last week before the CNE closes, so look out for better deals then. But often, the worst stuff is left till the end and everything is a mess!
    Thanks.
    In your opinion, is it worth it to go to the CNE this year?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

There were also Bench jackets for $69.99... the hoodies were $49.99, I think.

Outside, there was also a tent selling various cosmetic items and lots of nail polishes. Pretty decent prices, from what I remember. i.e.: the Sally Hansen salon effects strips were $5/box

mothu's trading list
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

any sample and free things?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks.
    Well that depends on what you are looking to do there. If you have kids who are younger(like me) then it's always a great time for the family. Some of my fondest memories of my youth was when my dad would take us to the C.N.E. and I'm trying to do the same for my kids. For shopping I think it would be better to go to the C.N.E instead of Orfus Rd because you can also enjoy a wide variety of food and lots of games/rides to enjoy.

Although it is expensive and I have no idea what your budget is for an event like the C.N.E. Some people overspend and rack up large debts on their credit cards for the games and shopping. Jeans are always $10.00 so right there I would by-pass those. The $3.50 T's is always a great buy and so are the $5.00 shorts/clearance jeans.

If you have to play the games try going for the Birthday game as sometimes they'll let you play more than a few months increasing your chances at winning something.

Games to play to win
    Birthday game
    Water gun game(if your kids are young the staff usually let them win)
    Fishing game(but prizes are too small)

Rip off games(almost every other game but these are the worst)

Basketball game(balls are not fully inflated and the hoops are not screwed on tightly making sure the ball will pass backwards slightly if it hits the rim)

Dart game(darts are dull, balloons are not fully inflated making them harder to pop)

Ball in plastic bin/basket(You need to put both balls in bin without going out of the bin/basket. Staff will show you how easy from 2 feet away but you are 5 feet away making gravity drop your ball with more speed, one goes in, other almost always comes out. Try to spin the ball at the NORTHEAST part of the bin in order for best success but that's very rare.)

Gun star game(This game you use small pellets shot out of an air gun trying to shoot out a star from a piece of paper. Sights are never lined up making it difficult for non seasoned shooters to get a bead on the target)

Baseball throw(Baseball is light(almost lighter than a little league tball) and the bottles are weighted. They are using gravity and the weight of the bottles against your speed of the light ball. You'll almost never win that fight unless you throw hard enough and at the proper angle to use gravity against the bottles but they also never put the bottles in the middle making it even harder to deliver that knock over throw)

Ring toss(One of the worst ones to play is the rings. Rings barely fit the bottle tops and so many people throwing at the same time sometimes knocks off your ring. Stay away from this game.)

You know your family best so it really comes down to what you think they would enjoy. It's very expensive so if it's not in yor budget this year, then no worries most of the same stuff will be there next year .Honestly carnivals are always fun and since there's shopping it just adds to the experience. Include the shows and the many new deep fried food they are offering now it could be even more fun than previous years and slightly more dangerous,lol. Seriously stay away from the high fatty foods, slows you down. Hope I've helped.
    Last edited by dvdswapper; Sun, Aug 19th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
    janetta, Shwa Girl and queenkathy like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks.
    If you're planning to go down to do a little shopping for clothing, I definitely would say it's worth it to go as the prices do go down towards the last week of the CNE closing. Generally, the prices are slightly cheaper, if not cheaper, than Orfus Road, as the CNE sells all the clearance items the stores cannot sell anymore. Even if you are not heading down to do some shopping, the CNE is an amazing way to spend the day and a great way to end the summer. Also, I recommend trying the Deep Fried Mars Bar, sounds gross but actually pretty good! The CNE also offers the $5 after 5pm deal, so if you don't want to pay regular adult admission (around $12 I believe), then go at 5pm as the morning crowds generally die down a bit. Hope this helps! Have fun if you end up going!
    Last edited by h2chawwaa; Sun, Aug 19th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
    Shwa Girl and dvdswapper like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dvdswapper View Post
    Ring toss(One of the worst ones to play is the rings. Rings barely fit the bottle tops and so many people throwing at the same time sometimes knocks off your ring. Stay away from this game.)
    I totally agree with you!
    However, I did win with ring toss once upon a time, totally by luck.
    It was at Wonderland and I got a huge, and I mean huge stuffed leopard!
    I needed a van to take it home. Lucky my family had one.
    ...it has since been disposed of. lol It took up too much room.
    dvdswapper likes this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Every year the Toronto Star has 50 cent off coupons to use in the food building. They are on different pages every day. Not all vendors take them but a lot of them do. I know Pizza Nova, one of the Greek ones, and a Shawarma place definitely do. Maybe the Bison burger people.
    dvdswapper likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information