User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: C.N.E Deals on shopping/food Aug 2012 edition

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    I totally agree with you!
    However, I did win with ring toss once upon a time, totally by luck.
    It was at Wonderland and I got a huge, and I mean huge stuffed leopard!
    I needed a van to take it home. Lucky my family had one.
    ...it has since been disposed of. lol It took up too much room.

Those games usually have the biggest and most famous characters plush toys in order to attract more people to them. Every once in a while I win at one of those games. A few years ago I won one of those small motorbikes at the Baseball throw only because the guy had so many people bugging him that he put the bottles a bit too far back and WHAMMO one throw later got one. Knocked the two bottom bottles out and that dragged the top bottle with them.

The biggest trick they use on people is if you spend enough money they'll help you win. Depending on day and time some operators will "assist" you in winning a prize but that's only after spending a high amount of money(I remember I paid $40.00 once for a crappy Hello Kitty doll which was massive for my daughter, would have been better quality if we went to P-MALL instead,lol.) at their booth. Don't expect this on busy days though. Hopefully no one falls for this trick as you can buy better stuff at Walmart

I think people just want to win something at these carnivals so what I do is stick with the above 3 and we usually win something for about $5.00-$10.00 but sometimes those booths have really crappy prizes. At that point I have to change the game plan. I usually offer them two options:

1:Get a toy from The C.N.E 1 each

2:Get 3 toys each from WALMART(usually I know what's on sale before offering this deal. If there isn't anything I look to Winners/Toysrus instead.) because like I wrote above sometimes my kids want the really good plushies but for $40.00 I can buy them 3 from WALMART,lol. Even two med ones from the DISNEY store.
    visit my TWITTER page:http://twitter.com/#!/1dvdswapper

From my family to you. Wishing everyone a Happy/Healthy Holidays and New Year.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'll use strategy #2 when I have kids. Very smart
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdswapper View Post
    Those games usually have the biggest and most famous characters plush toys in order to attract more people to them. Every once in a while I win at one of those games. A few years ago I won one of those small motorbikes at the Baseball throw only because the guy had so many people bugging him that he put the bottles a bit too far back and WHAMMO one throw later got one. Knocked the two bottom bottles out and that dragged the top bottle with them.

The biggest trick they use on people is if you spend enough money they'll help you win. Depending on day and time some operators will "assist" you in winning a prize but that's only after spending a high amount of money(I remember I paid $40.00 once for a crappy Hello Kitty doll which was massive for my daughter, would have been better quality if we went to P-MALL instead,lol.) at their booth. Don't expect this on busy days though. Hopefully no one falls for this trick as you can buy better stuff at Walmart

I think people just want to win something at these carnivals so what I do is stick with the above 3 and we usually win something for about $5.00-$10.00 but sometimes those booths have really crappy prizes. At that point I have to change the game plan. I usually offer them two options:

1:Get a toy from The C.N.E 1 each

2:Get 3 toys each from WALMART(usually I know what's on sale before offering this deal. If there isn't anything I look to Winners/Toysrus instead.) because like I wrote above sometimes my kids want the really good plushies but for $40.00 I can buy them 3 from WALMART,lol. Even two med ones from the DISNEY store.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the posts

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I was there saturday and was able to get coupons for sunny d, and a humus dip, forget which one. also samples of twistos and humus and free sunny d. didnt really check out the food building so there might have been some there too.
    also there was a coke station, if you recycled (in their container and they see you) you get a beer cozy or i guess a cold drink cozy

will be going back probably next week for the $5 after 5pm to get some more stuff
    clothing were a bit more expensive then last year, but still good deal on t shirts ( if you can find your size)

and the nail/makeup booths i saw 2-3 of them, they all have the same products like nail polish, foundation, ect. if you need/want to buy a few diff colors its worth checking out i think some of the stuff was like 3/$5 depending on what the product is.
    Ciel likes this.
    -- Kat --

Started couponing June 1st,2011

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's the deal breakdown at the DVD BOOTHES this year.
    DVD is 5/$20, Blu-ray 3/$20, books 3/$10, pc games & music cds $5 each. also posters, cardboard standees, toys and more.

I have saw in the Toronto Star today the coin deal. Collect and save Cents of Taste medallions found randomly in the Toronto Star from now until September 3 for special offers at food boothes. 1 medallion per person per purchase.No reproductions permitted.

Here's the offers:

Chicago Fries and Steak:one free can of pop with the purchase of fries.

Taste of China:one free drink with the purchase of a combo.

Campfire Grill:0.50 cents off any combo(sandwich, fries and drink)

Manchu Wok: free eggroll with purchase of a 2 item or 3 item plate.

Asian Gourmet Wok+Grill: free springroll with purchase of 2 item or 3 item combo.

Shopsy's:one free can of pop with purchase of chicken fingers and fries.

Dutch Fries:one free dessert or can of pop with purchase of a Kroket or Frikandel combo.

Mama's Pizza:purchase any whole pizza and 4 drinks get $5.00 off.

NorthWest Fudge:Buy 3 pieces of deep fried fudge and get the 4th free.

Palm Shawarma and Falafel: 0.50 cents off a shawarma or falafel with the purchase of a drink.

Swiss Waffles and Crepes:One free coffee with the purchase of a Swiss Waffle with soft ice cream and fresh strawberries.

Hot Ice Cream and Waffle Sandwich:one free coffee with purchase of a Hot Ice Cream Waffle sandwich.

Foods of Canada:0.50 cents off the purchase of a bison burger or peameal bacon sandwich combo.

Fire One:0.50 cents off the purchase of a steak or burger combo.

Dim Sum:one free soft drink with the purchase of a combo.

Oriental Express:one free soft drink with the purchase of a combo.

Vienna Sausage Haus:One free drink with the purchase of a Philly Cheesesteak meal.

Mr Hot:one free drink with purchase of a Philly Cheesesteak meal.

Kala's Kitchen:one free can of pop with purchase of meal combo.

Ithaca Greek Cuisine:0.50 cents off any food purchase.

Tatse of Indian Cuisine:one free can of pop with the purchase of a snack combo.

Sweetness Bakery:0.50 cents off any cupcake.

Lick's $1.00 off a licks homeburger or lick's nature burger.

Pizza Nova:0.50 cents off any slice of pizza.

Tiny Tom Donuts:buy 2 dozen and enjoy a 3rd dozen free.

H.Salt Fish+Chips: $1.10 off a crewman.

Colossal Onion:buy one "ONION" and get a spiral spud taster.

Thai Chef Cuisine: One free drink with purchase of a combo or one free mango salad with purchase of 2 or more noodle dishes.

Old Fashioned Lemonade: 0.50 cents off one regular 16oz Lemonade.

Saint Cinnamon: buy one original cinnamon roll and a coffee and get another original cinnamon roll free.

Booster Juice $1.00 off any regular size smoothie.

There that's the list from the star. Hope that helps you guys out. Now I have to rest my finger,lol.
    Hondamanic likes this.
    visit my TWITTER page:http://twitter.com/#!/1dvdswapper

From my family to you. Wishing everyone a Happy/Healthy Holidays and New Year.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by katmunster View Post
    also there was a coke station, if you recycled (in their container and they see you) you get a beer cozy or i guess a cold drink cozy
    Where is the coke station located? I didn't see it when I went last weekend, I might've missed it along the way. Is there anything specific you need to recycle (like a empty water bottle maybe)?
    Last edited by h2chawwaa; Wed, Aug 22nd, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by h2chawwaa View Post
    Where is the coke station located? I didn't see it when I went last weekend, I might've missed it along the way. Is there anything specific you need to recycle (like a empty water bottle maybe)?
    it was located near the princess gates entrance, they had coke bottle recycling containers, but you can recycle any bottle in there
    Ciel likes this.
    -- Kat --

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm heading to the Ex this weekend and I'm wondering if the bikini outlet is there, this year?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

yes it was, cant remember where i saw it exactly but it was there
    -- Kat --

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i heard there was Red velvet funnel cake there...now that will make me wanna go there even more...yummy!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Laviza View Post
    I'm heading to the Ex this weekend and I'm wondering if the bikini outlet is there, this year?
    They have the Bikini Bay outlet there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If you can afford the and need new furniture, Bombay has furniture for half price. Gorgeous cabinets for $449 instead of $899
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

where at the ex did you find the sunny d coupons and any other coupons?? Thanks

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

the sunny d coupons were at the north entrance, they had a booth with people handing out cups of sunny d and they had coupons in that booth too. The humus coupon was given with the sample near princess gates
    -- Kat --

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

hello paid the 5.00 after 5 admission

lots of freebies.. fido CAA rbc sunny d

Also found like 25 icoke pins they were everywhere!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information