• 2 Post By coupongirl99
  • 2 Post By Peachykeen2007
  • 1 Post By coyote00
  • 1 Post By Peachykeen2007
  • 1 Post By littlebean
  • 1 Post By avrose
  • 1 Post By littlebean
  • 2 Post By Mulveyteach

Thread: Coupon Policy at Walmart & Giant Tiger - HELP!!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Hi everyone,

I have had two very frustratig days using coupons and need someone to clarify coupon policies at GT & WM please.

Friday: Went to GT, was told that if the coupon states " one coupon per purchase " this means they can only use one coupon per "transaction". Alrighty then, I politely inquired if it was possible to do four seperate transactions in order to use my coupons. Response "yes you can but it will tick off anyone in line behind you and we are doing you a favour by accepting your coupons...". I then asked if she had read the GT coupon policy for GT online. Response "..nope I am not computer savy..". My last and final comment: I will print it off for you and bring it in next time I am around.

Saturday: Walmart same issue coupon states "one per purchase". Supervisor apologized and informed me that sorry this means one per transaaction, there is no diifference to them. She politely said, you can have us do seperate transaction; thats ok.

I am majorly confused now. Is there a difference when it is stated on the coupon between one per purchase or one per transacion. I always thought there was. I was at safeway today and they accepted all my coupons no problem.
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger, Safeway, Walmart
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Pure stupidity imho. I pm'd safeways' cheese deal for Friday at Walmart then the girl had to go check with a supervisor if I could use the .75 block cheese coupon from ziploc as well. Deep breaths. It was a small shop but with 2 kids every delay yoinks up the chance of meltdowns - me included!
    coyote00 likes this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

They do mean different things but both are stupidly worded IMO. Why can't manufactures just say "one per ITEM purchased" it would make things so much simpler for everyone.
    littlebean and coyote00 like this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

had the same issue today at walmart 56 separate transactions later i left with all my stuff - they are wrong and i have already wrote head office in regards to this - i was so pissed - i even showed the manager 2 diiferent coupons - 1 that said per purchase and 1 that said limit 1 per purchase, per transaction, per person! still apparently it was the same,

yet went to sobeys after and used another 24 coupons that stated the same thing and NO PROBLEMS!!!!

also went to GT on friday and used a bunch of coupons no problems
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sun, Aug 19th, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
    wendyjane and coyote00 like this.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Oh My 56 transactions! That would have sent me over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    had the same issue today at walmart 56 separate transactions later i left with all my stuff - they are wrong and i have already wrote head office in regards to this - i was so pissed - i even showed the manager 2 diiferent coupons - 1 that said per purchase and 1 that said limit 1 per purchase, per transaction, per person! still apparently it was the same,

yet went to sobeys after and used another 24 coupons that stated the same thing and NO PROBLEMS!!!!

also went to GT on friday and used a bunch of coupons no problems
    wendyjane likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

It almost did - had both my kids with me, and the cashier was not impressed either, seriously what was the point, I left with everything in the end - could have saved me, the cashier and the F**KING HUGE line behind me some time but NOPE - was not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Oh My 56 transactions! That would have sent me over the edge.
    coyote00 likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

if i have 5 items, and 5 coupons that say one per purchase, and the cashier says to me oh sorry, it says one per purchase. I respond by saying, "Right. It's one per purchase and I'm purchasing 5...and i have 5 coupons." Sometimes they get it. Sometimes they don't. Sigh. Usually they do after that, though lol.
    Think about it though. To us, we know that it means one per ITEM. I can see how a per purchase could mean per transaction. All your items combined could mean one (big) purchase to them. When you were starting out, you probably didn't know all the rules either 100%. I definitely didn't.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Coyote - Definitely print out the GT coupon policy. It will come in handy if you want to get overage (if the employees give you a hard time about that too).
    coyote00 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That would have sent me over the edge

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

The only place I have ever had that problem is GT on McPhillips. If I am there I will avoid certain cashiers, usually I just go to the one downtown instead. I have found that some coupons are starting to say "per item purchased".
    coyote00 likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Funny you mentioned that. I also asked the head cashier if she was aware of this. She of course said..."I have never heard of that.."

I suppose I am just frustrated because stores I have had no problem wth in the past are now very difficult to deal with. I don't want to limit myself to shopping at a handful of stores because of my frustration. I also feel very upset when some clerks wether intentional or not make me feel like i am am a "theif" by using coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    Coyote - Definitely print out the GT coupon policy. It will come in handy if you want to get overage (if the employees give you a hard time about that too).

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

You would think that they have several MEMOS that are HIGHLIGHTED of this change (overage, or any other change) in the staff room or a manager who reminds cashiers to READ the new changes that are taking place and to be well aware of them! Its a problem for everyone if staff are not informed. So annoying.
    coyote00 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    You would think that they have several MEMOS that are HIGHLIGHTED of this change (overage, or any other change) in the staff room or a manager who reminds cashiers to READ the new changes that are taking place and to be well aware of them! Its a problem for everyone if staff are not informed. So annoying.
    I too have had issues with GT, the last one being with the printable HANES. Although it was the manager and not the cashiers who were giving me such a hard time. To make a long long story short, he refused the printable saying that they were fradulent and when I told him that another location accepted them he told the cashier to call the store bc they weren't supposed to be accepting them... quite loudly in fact that the entire front line ups heard and my mother and I were the subject of much unwanted scrutiny... SO I told the manager that he might want to look it up on the actual website, despite me showing him on my phone. I wrote an email to GT head office and I had a district manager calling me the next day to rectify the problem. I was very impressed and appreciated that they took my situation seriously. Needless to say, I stick to the one in my neighborhood and avoid the Logan one like the plague. Besides, it's so messy and squishy in there.
    avrose and coyote00 like this.

Thread Information