User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PammieD

Thread: Dove Cleartone anti-perspirant

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Had a coupon and it came on sale so I bought one not really knowing much about this product. I was using it for about a week and noticed the discoloration on my armpits were gone! Can't say it's doing a great job with the sweating but was so pleased to see the lightened skin . Won't be using it regularly from now but was good to know it worked for me.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee09 View Post
    Had a coupon and it came on sale so I bought one not really knowing much about this product. I was using it for about a week and noticed the discoloration on my armpits were gone! Can't say it's doing a great job with the sweating but was so pleased to see the lightened skin . Won't be using it regularly from now but was good to know it worked for me.
    Hmmm- makes you wonder what's it in that causes that lightening! I found that when I started using an epilator (basically like an electric shaver that rips the hair out instead of cutting it), the darkness under my arms disappeared. I lost it for about a month when I last moved and ended up resorting back to shaving my underarms until it got unpacked, and then found that the dark spots came back. I wonder if it's just the hair under the surface of our skin that makes it look discoloured? (My total unscientific theory!! haha)

If you're interested in an epilator though (if you've never used one/don't have one etc), they can be a little pricey to buy up front, but there are a lot of Braun coupons etc that can be used towards them (like the $10 off Braun shavers/hair removal coupon that came with the diaper boxes this summer). It hurts at first (like waxing) but is great cause you don't have to grow your hair as long as you do to wax, and ends up being quick and I don't find it painful anymore (especially as the hair grows back thinner!).

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Hmmm- makes you wonder what's it in that causes that lightening! I found that when I started using an epilator (basically like an electric shaver that rips the hair out instead of cutting it), the darkness under my arms disappeared. I lost it for about a month when I last moved and ended up resorting back to shaving my underarms until it got unpacked, and then found that the dark spots came back. I wonder if it's just the hair under the surface of our skin that makes it look discoloured? (My total unscientific theory!! haha)

If you're interested in an epilator though (if you've never used one/don't have one etc), they can be a little pricey to buy up front, but there are a lot of Braun coupons etc that can be used towards them (like the $10 off Braun shavers/hair removal coupon that came with the diaper boxes this summer). It hurts at first (like waxing) but is great cause you don't have to grow your hair as long as you do to wax, and ends up being quick and I don't find it painful anymore (especially as the hair grows back thinner!).
    As someone who thinks waxing isn't all that bad it most definitely cannot be compared! LOL.

I used an epilator last year, decided to try it and by jeebus I was screaming in pain. Okay not really but it definitely hurt 10x more then waxing. Then again maybe because I am just used to waxing.

The best way I can describe it is it feels like someone ripping each hair out one by one with tweezers...but 50 hairs at a time. Does that make sense?

I returned mine. Yes, ew, but I wasn't letting $50 go to waste and I most certainly cleaned it prior to return.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    As someone who thinks waxing isn't all that bad it most definitely cannot be compared! LOL.

I used an epilator last year, decided to try it and by jeebus I was screaming in pain. Okay not really but it definitely hurt 10x more then waxing. Then again maybe because I am just used to waxing.

The best way I can describe it is it feels like someone ripping each hair out one by one with tweezers...but 50 hairs at a time. Does that make sense?

I returned mine. Yes, ew, but I wasn't letting $50 go to waste and I most certainly cleaned it prior to return.
    LMAO - That's friggin' hilarious! I do think it definitely makes a difference if you're just starting versus been ripping hair out for a while...I wouldn't go straight to epilating (made up word) my legs...I'd start out waxing until the leg hair got thinner and then go to epilating...I like it better though...maybe sadistic? haha, I dunno - I've got nothin'

Thread Information