• 1 Post By Patty Smyth
  • 2 Post By Lyssia510
  • 1 Post By matchstix
  • 2 Post By anastasia1009

Thread: Concert ticket purchasing systems are ridiculous

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Everyone has concert ticket purchasing horror stories. My first concert I lined up at Ticketmaster only to have the scalpers skip the line because they knew the Ticketmaster employee.

Now? DH wanted me to buy him concert tickets. Yesterday there was a fan club presale on the band's website, but the page would not open. (Everyone on Twitter was complaining). By the time the website got its act together, tickets sold out. They said there would be another sale today on Ticketmaster at 10 a.m.

But Ticketmaster's page said 9:30. At 9:29 a.m. the password box appeared and I logged in to be told they were already sold out. Turns out the band had released a different password for 9:30. So I used a third password that I found on Twitter and finally got in, and got nosebleed tickets.

Out of curiosity, I went back at 10 a.m., and better tickets were available. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Try a 3rd party seller. I use Dollys Tickets occasionally they are reliable.

Although I hate the online fees.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ticketmaster is horrible! Any time a big artist has tickets on sale their site is always down and the phone lines disconnect. AND I'm convinced they hold the good seats for after the initial rush, every time I've purchased tickets the day they go on sale there's better ones available the next day or later the same night.
    I usually just go to venue now, wait until the opening act is half way done and buy tickets from scalpers for less than face value. Less hassle than Ticketmaster and they don't get my money.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I tried to get fan club tickets for a band I've loved since I was 14... My husband bought me a $500 VIP pack last August that included a meet and greet... We still haven't been able to use it. And I never buy fan club because the perks are typically a joke. Since I had a membership, I logged in Tuesday to buy tickets and pulled up front row... Too bad it wouldn't let me click the "I want these tickets " button and I lost them. I did manage 3rd row after many tries... But was upset the front row ones were in front of my face and I couldn't have them.

the fan club also charged $20 more per ticket plus $20 to ship so it was $263 for two tickets. Seriously???? It's my birthday gift this year. Still no word if I can use the meet and greet though
    the whole system sucks
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I know a few people who work for Ticketmaster and she said usually the first 5 rows are held for the artist, family, radio station etc. Depending on the artist the first 20 rows are for fan clubs etc - like Depeche Mode did that at 300 a seat or more. The first time concert tickets go on sale it may say sold out but they aren't really. I have given up on first day sales before they are usually crappy or go to resellers. Ticketmaster releases a section every month until the show happens and about 5 days before the show they release the tickets that the artist didn't want. I have seen one artist over 35 times since 1999 and I always get good seats and even the night of the show I have had 3 row. Some artists have meet and greets or hang out at the back of the venue and you will meet the stage crew etc and I have gotten first row before. Just be patience and keep on going to Ticketmaster and its always around noon that new seats are released. Been to over 200+++ concerts and never a bad seat
    ex0ticb3lla and torontogal12 like this.

Thread Information