User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By Zonny

Thread: Pin Trading Disney Advice

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

So this May we are going on a family trip to Disney world. We have have been doing some research and are very curious if anyone has any tips about trading pins there. Pins tend to be pretty expensive and I was wondering if there was a less expensive way to do it.

Also, if you have any must-do things in Florida and Disney please let me know! We are interested in all suggestions!

Thnaks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I don't have any advice on pins, but we went to Florida last October, surprised our DS. While we all enjoyed Disney, the highlight of the trip wasn't Disney at all - it was Discovery Cove.

We hemmed and hawed over whether we'd do it, because of the price. It costs about $250 per person for a full day. But it was amazing. You get to go swim with dolphins, there's a big 'reef' area where you can snorkel with tropical fish and stingrays (they supply mask/snorkel/wetsuit/animal-friendly sunscreen), there's an aviary full of tropical birds that you can feed, a beach. You have to reserve your day in advance, because they only let a limited number of people in per day, around 1000 I think, vs the Disney parks where there can be 50,000 people there in one day. There's really no lines for anything.

It sounds expensive, and it is, but it's all-inclusive, eat and drink all you want (including alcohol). Your ticket also includes unlimited admission to Sea World and Aquatica (their water park) for 14 days surrounding your visit. I'd highly recommend it. My DS was blown away by the experience.
    Last edited by Zonny; Mon, Feb 17th, 2014 at 05:41 AM.
    couponteen101 likes this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I don't have any advice on pins, but we went to Florida last October, surprised our DS. While we all enjoyed Disney, the highlight of the trip wasn't Disney at all - it was Discovery Cove.

We hemmed and hawed over whether we'd do it, because of the price. It costs about $250 per person for a full day. But it was amazing. You get to go swim with dolphins, there's a big 'reef' area where you can snorkel with tropical fish and stingrays (they supply mask/snorkel/wetsuit/animal-friendly sunscreen), there's an aviary full of tropical birds that you can feed, a beach. You have to reserve your day in advance, because they only let a limited number of people in per day, around 1000 I think, vs the Disney parks where there can be 50,000 people there in one day. There's really no lines for anything.

It sounds expensive, and it is, but it's all-inclusive, eat and drink all you want (including alcohol). Your ticket also includes unlimited admission to Sea World and Aquatica (their water park) for 14 days surrounding your visit. I'd highly recommend it. My DS was blown away by the experience.

Thanks! We have been looking into that for my little sister. She LOVES animals and this would be amazing for her. This price has been the reason we are still thinking, because our immediate family is 9 people, but I am going to encourage we maybe spend a day there and a day less at disney.

Did you like aquatica? We aren't sure which water park we want to do
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes, Aquatica was fun. DS is seven, and really enjoyed it. But I don't have any other water parks to compare it to, we didn't go to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, etc. This was included with the Discovery Cove ticket, so we just went to that one. One of the things we all liked there, I forget what it's called but it's a very fast-moving river that you can either swim in or just wear a life jacket and let the current take you. We went round and round on that.

The reef area was close to being our favourite at DC, there were giant stingrays that you could swim down and touch, DS loved that (the dolphin swim was the winner there, but by a narrow margin).
    couponteen101 likes this.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

we have done extensive pin trading. PM me if you would like to discuss

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Thread Information